Tottenham Vs Ludogorets, Europa League - Thurs 26th Nov - KO 8pm.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't we lend them dele or something to play at centre back?

Happened to me once when the oppo were a player short when I played rugby, I loved it, got into some right tear ups with my usual team mates. Could be the making of dele

Hope they are right but I tend to Sid with the British media here, who are all reporting that the ludogrets squad has travelled to London.

ajjqo.jpg

Mourinho taking it seriously - reckons it's a con-job and that they had Covid ten days ago and are fine now - not sure if that's true or just him motivating the B team.
Not sure you could get away with saying player x had a dose of the Covids on Tuesday and then playing him on the Thursday.

It's one thing saying a player will miss a game with a sore ankle which miraculously gets better, a completely different kettle of fish to say someone is potentially infectious with a disease that has fucked the world, only to then say, naaa, he's alright now.

That goes way beyond common or garden "mind games" surely?

Hope this is crap, and on balance it looks like it could be given the UEFA rules.

The Ludogorets game is vital in more ways than one.

Firstly it's a perfect opportunity to keep a winning run on the go.

Second, and maybe even more importantly it will be useful to get good minutes in for players like Bale, Lo Celso, Sid and one or two others.

As alluded to by others there should not br be any real need for guys like Kane, Son and Dier to play unless we somehow make a complete cunt of the game and need to bring them on.
I would rather not risk anyone in it and would be happy with a 3-0 win by default , what’s to say one of the players for LUDo has COVID but passes the test , he then gives it to a few spurs players who then pass it onto Kane and son at training the next day and before we know it we end up being in a situation where we have half our squad out for a key run of games , if players need time to play let them play in the under 23s, I know this is a glass half empty view but I still remember when we were a shoe in for top 4 and half the squad got food poisoning of some dodgy lasagne !

So Tanganga to start at RB, but Doherty starts on bench.

Of course Tanganga could be deployed as LB with Aurier starting at RB (and Doherty subbed on during 2nd half) allowing both Aurier and Doherty to be fit v Chelsea at weekend, whilst nothing said that doesn't allow Davies to start at CB thus resting Dier.

Would still like to see Cirkin at LB at some stage, perhaps off the bench in this match, and the same too of White coming on as a DM

IMO the news from Bulgaria is designed to think they will field a weak side. IMO they may have 3 or 4 players out but will field their strongest side and go for it as they have nothing to lose. Hope Spurs are not complacent over the news of a weakened side - think the only important players missing might be at CB.s

I would rather not risk anyone in it and would be happy with a 3-0 win by default , what’s to say one of the players for LUDo has COVID but passes the test , he then gives it to a few spurs players who then pass it onto Kane and son at training the next day and before we know it we end up being in a situation where we have half our squad out for a key run of games , if players need time to play let them play in the under 23s, I know this is a glass half empty view but I still remember when we were a shoe in for top 4 and half the squad got food poisoning of some dodgy lasagne !
Yeah who can ever forget Lasagnegate 🤢

Sorry mate I don’t want Sanchez anywhere near our defence on Sunday
Can’t trust him
Sooner have Davies
I kind of feel similarly to be honest I hope Rodon starts.

But Sanchez has had good games against big teams before. I've seen a nice bit of Rodon now and think he looks quite good, but it's a massive game to be dropping a guy in for his first start. If Sanchez is really steady on Thursday I'd expect Mourinho to start him is what I was getting at.

I'd have Sanchez over Davies at CB even though he's brought a diabolically nervous energy to our performances when he's played. Davies would not fare well vs Chelsea at CB.

I kind of feel similarly to be honest I hope Rodon starts.

But Sanchez has had good games against big teams before. I've seen a nice bit of Rodon now and think he looks quite good, but it's a massive game to be dropping a guy in for his first start. If Sanchez is really steady on Thursday I'd expect Mourinho to start him is what I was getting at.

I'd have Sanchez over Davies at CB even though he's brought a diabolically nervous energy to our performances when he's played. Davies would not fare well vs Chelsea at CB.
So Rodon could start tonight you think?

is Roden not registered to play? Did we sign him time to submit the squad to UEFA or can it be done again after the group stage? Hows it work.

Back
Top Bottom