Tottenham vs Swansea City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm like most people - if you abuse me enough, eventually I'll respond. I walk away from far more than I become embroiled in - and the people I respond to, are the people who can't talk about anything without making it offensive and personal.
And generally they're people who blame everyone else, without ever noticing that every time there's a fire, they are the ones on the scene, holding the matches.
I wasn't having a go. But the 9 months or so that I have been on here, around 50% of the arguments are you arguing with someone (generally with a great deal of humour and eloquence). Pots and kettles is the only point I was making

I wasn't having a go. But the 9 months or so that I have been on here, around 50% of the arguments are you arguing with someone (generally with a great deal of humour and eloquence). Pots and kettles is the only point I was making
The same people - the ones I have on ignore, so I don't have to see their posts - and the same people that I have asked repeatedly to put me on ignore, so that none of us are tempted to start these asinine arguments or discussions. The board is dragged down by it and it wastes time effort and energy.
Why do people feel that they have to "win" everything - and abuse everyone? I rarely have a problem socially, simply because if I meet people like these antisocial posters, I avoid them, or persuade them to keep away from me. I'm perfectly capable of doing it - all I have asked for is quid pro quo. I have much better things I can do - but why should I have to put up with relentless personal insults - and in some cases, abuse about my family?
When people stop throwing the grenades, I'll stop having to throw them back

The same people - the ones I have on ignore, so I don't have to see their posts - and the same people that I have asked repeatedly to put me on ignore, so that none of us are tempted to start these asinine arguments or discussions. The board is dragged down by it and it wastes time effort and energy.
Why do people feel that they have to "win" everything - and abuse everyone? I rarely have a problem socially, simply because if I meet people like these antisocial posters, I avoid them, or persuade them to keep away from me. I'm perfectly capable of doing it - all I have asked for is quid pro quo. I have much better things I can do - but why should I have to put up with relentless personal insults - and in some cases, abuse about my family?
When people stop throwing the grenades, I'll stop having to throw them back
Fair enough

Wow, Gibbsy, a true celebrity has messaged me, its like getting a twitter reply from Eric Dier. Welcome back. What do you think of the tiny dancers?

Danny Rose flicked on a header into our own box from the free kick for the winning goal.
:nawty::wansum:

I'm out! Have a good un. Say your prayers, eat your vitamins, trust ole Gibbsy.

Last edited:
Fair enough
I just clicked on "show ignored comment"
do you need any more proof, than the post just above your reply?
Not directed at me (for a change) - but abuse and and the current fad of "outing" posters and accusing them of supporting other clubs, having multiple logins - yada yada yada
How tiresome is it, that when a poster disagrees with the content of a post, the "I'm incensed,flame warriors" immediately go on the offensive by belittling peoples intelligence, loyalty, quality of support etc and then start the gif and meme idiocy?
As opposed to addressing the point of the post and putting a counter argument to it

Do-you-remember-the-time-when-we-fell-in-love-remember-the-time-20062374-500-232.gif

Sorry hard.

This is the crux of my disappointment really, totally uncalled for aggression.

Let me address your points:

Get over yourself - I my voiced my opinion that the forum has been steadily declining due to slagging off and over the top alpha male individuals. Not sure what it is you think I need to get over.

Everyone is a fan - I never said or insinuated otherwise and would find it very strange if people who read this forum and listen to the pod would be anything other.

Bad attitudes - nothing to do with recent results, it's been going on for a while. Every thread turns into a slagging match making it very difficult to follow threads.

Not a regular poster - Been a member just as long as you. I post when I feel I can offer a different perspective and perhaps a fresh view point not because I want to attack someone or feel like I need to increase my post count in order to ingratiate myself with the masses and be able to throw out one liners about not posting on a regular basis.

Anyway, I'm being hypocritical and derailing this thread, apologies I won't do it again.

What's uncalled for is your assertion that this forum is a joke. All your whining was ever going to accomplish was a derailing of the thread -- it was a paradoxical post from the outset. Bin those you think deserve to be binned, ignore them and move on -- there are plenty of quality posters and quality posts on the site to read and respond to.

Back
Top Bottom