Tottenham Vs Villa - Wed 19th May - KO 6pm, live on Sky.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy will need a bulletproof box now
>heading from Hotspur Way to the new stadium to watch the match.

vatican%20popemobile-1230244537_v2.nbcnews-fp-1200-630.jpg

I find the logic of the 'fans' rather odd.

Let's organise a protest, let's boo our team, let's make banners slagging off our players and owners.

So essentially; these 'fans' want to sabotage our home fixture to ensure we drop points and end up in the Europa Conference league.

Get behind your team or fuck off and support City.

I'm preparing my song list already.

He's one of our own (natch)

We want you to stay (while crying and looking slightly pathetic)

City, City, City, Cityyyyy please don't take him just because you can (to the tune of Jolene)

We will survive (Gloria Gaynor)

Kane, Kane, wherever you may be (ok, maybe not)

I would consider dropping Kane for the last two games.

Briefing the media during a season is a disgrace. It could cost us a spot in the Europq League.

I would consider dropping Kane for the last two games.

Briefing the media during a season is a disgrace. It could cost us a spot in the Europq League.

Lots of people will disagree but I concur with this. He's no longer playing for the club, just trying to get the Golden Boot, you can see that's been the case for a while, taking all the free kicks even though he never scores from them, and not bothering to press. And the way he defended Mourinho, even though he made a lot of his teammates miserable and the results were poor, all that mattered to him was that he was getting plaudits for scoring and assisting.

Lots of people will disagree but I concur with this. He's no longer playing for the club, just trying to get the Golden Boot, you can see that's been the case for a while, taking all the free kicks even though he never scores from them, and not bothering to press. And the way he defended Mourinho, even though he made a lot of his teammates miserable and the results were poor, all that mattered to him was that he was getting plaudits for scoring and assisting.
But scoring goals (for yourself or otherwise) is surely better for the TEAM by virtue of us scoring goals... it's not like he's going down the other end and trying to score an o.g to help us lose... though I get your point about his overall game... though he's still cleared plenty of defensive headers this season.... if he really was just in it for himself, he wouldn't have bothered leaving the opposition half!

The argument of who he's scoring for (himself or the club) is along the lines of when managers are accused of losing the dressing room.
.. players still have their own pride and motivation to play well and try to win for THEMSELVES, regardless of whether they hate the manager or not!

Fuck Sky for breaking this story this week. That's all chance of 6th place and a win Wednesday gone. Will they actually play Kane or will he have a mystery injury?
They did the same before either the NLD or United game earlier this spring. Leaked a Kane to United story the day before the game.

Not coincidental at all.

I find the logic of the 'fans' rather odd.

Let's organise a protest, let's boo our team, let's make banners slagging off our players and owners.

So essentially; these 'fans' want to sabotage our home fixture to ensure we drop points and end up in the Europa Conference league.

Get behind your team or fuck off and support City.
I think it’s got to the point though that people are less concerned about short term gain and more about the long term direction of the club.

Back
Top Bottom