Tottingham Hotspur vs Stoke RUFC 29.12.13

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

---------------------Lloris---------------------
Fredericks--Dawson--Capoue----Rose
--------------------Paulinho------------------
----------Lamela--Eriksen--Chadli---------
------------ Adebayor---Soldado----------

1) Give Chiriches a rest so he can recover properly. Dawson/Capoue don't really have an agile 'mouse on roids' sort of striker to deal with so I wouldn't expect their lack of pace and agility to be a major issue.
2) In line with TS's classic 'gung-ho' approach this is what I would expect him to put out... except it would look more like a flat 4-4-2.
3) Would like to see Adebayor dropping deep and pulling into the channels wide as opposed to Soldado, this would allow better hold up play and help us get the best out of Soldado.

I wouldn't mind this either..

---------------------Lloris---------------------
Fredericks--Dawson--Capoue----Rose
--------------------Paulinho------------------
----------Lamela--Holtby--Eriksen---------
------------------Adebayor--------------------
------------------Soldado--------------------

1) Play Eriksen wide to give him some space to work with. WHL is notoriously narrow and asking both Holtby and Eriksen to play together centrally is shooting yourself in the foot. As someone highlighted earlier, try Eriksen on the left just like Monaco do with Moutinho (They also have to deal with a very narrow pitch and midfield congestion at home etc)
2) Play adebayor deeper and let him work the channels in wide areas on both sides of the pitch. Soldado as a pure penalty box striker. I was at the game on Wednesday and there were times Soldado was dropping very deep, as further back as Holtby and Eriksen....

Team v Stoke: Lloris, Naughton, Dawson, Chiriches, Fryers, Lennon, Paulinho, Dembele, Eriksen, Adebayor, Soldado

Subs: Friedel, Fredericks, Veljkovic, Capoue, Bentaleb, Chadli, Lamela

Eriksen drifting in from the left will be interesting to see. I feel it will help he get more time and space on the ball in the final third. Not sure how well Fryers will support him though which will be a big factor in how he performs there.

Back
Top Bottom