Tottingham Hotspur vs Stoke RUFC 29.12.13

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The vast majority selecting Vlad, I don't get it. He's a liability and according to Dan D he was told he should be resting. Instead we're injecting him, presumably hindering his recovery, and for what so he can massively under perform on the pitch. I don't get it, assuming what Dan is saying is correct, and he knows Vlad better than any of us on here, AFAIK.

The vast majority selecting Vlad, I don't get it. He's a liability and according to Dan D he was told he should be resting. Instead we're injecting him, presumably hindering his recovery, and for what so he can massively under perform on the pitch. I don't get it, assuming what Dan is saying is correct, and he knows Vlad better than any of us on here, AFAIK.

We should clone Dawson.

We should clone Dawson.
I tried?
th
Beaker.jpg

MEEP……………………………….DAWSON

Personally I'd start smith over Fredericks. Don't think it'll happen mind you
Smith can't play for us untill january as he's not registered in our 25 man squad, he's not an U21 player anymore - born in 1991 it's his first season as a senior.

Unfortunately that's just like saying that losing 5-1 is better than losing 5-0. Naughton proved that he is Championship material at best.
That's very unfair towards Naughton. It's not easy to seldom play, then clearly without match fitness being thrown onto the pitch out of position.
Naughton proved at Norwich that he can do very well at Premier League level, there are many worse than him playing regulary on the fullbacks in this league.
Also, at a young age he played Championship football which you have doubts he can manage, result was that he was twice voted into the Championship Team of the Year.

Can't see us going for anything but a 442 again,
hope it's a more balanced team selection though.

[formation="442, Lloris, Fredericks, Dawson, Chiriches (Veljkovic), Rose, Lennon (Lamela), Paulinho, Capoue, Eriksen, Soldado, Adebayor"][/formation]

Naughton is fine as a backup to Walker at right back. Thats his position. We have been playing him at left back and he is totally uncomfortable there. I enjoyed Frederick's cameo in the EL the other day but surely Naughton should be in at RB for this game fiven this is the Prem and he has experience on his side

The fact the club's management didnt handle the LB backup situation in the window is not his fault, neither is the fact we are relying on a natural left winger to play there all the time or we are in the shit

Lloris
Daws Vlad
Walker Rose
Sandro
Lamela Eriksen Paulinho
Soldado Ade
-------------------------------------------------
Lloris
Daws Vlad
Walker Rose
Sandro
Paulinho Eriksen
Lamela
Soldado Ade

I'd be happy with any of those two.

Lloris
Daws Vlad
Walker Rose
Sandro
Lamela Eriksen Paulinho
Soldado Ade
-------------------------------------------------
Lloris
Daws Vlad
Walker Rose
Sandro
Paulinho Eriksen
Lamela
Soldado Ade

I'd be happy with any of those two.
Sandro is out so Capoue, though knowing TS he'll probably play Holtby

I'd be happy with Capoue as long as he knows what his job is. Primarily to be a shield for the back four. No meandering runs up pitch. Clean up and play simple balls to the 3 ahead of him.

Back
Top Bottom