Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Parrott taken off on 78 minutes with Excelsior 7-1 up (9-2 on agg).

Excelsior will play against NAC Breda (who finished 8th in the Dutch 2nd division) for a spot in the Eredivisie next season. The final will be over 2 legs on Tuesday and Sunday next week.

I think that maybe his first ever hat trick as a professional player

Regardless , its a fantastic result in a high pressure match which Excelsior needed to win despite their 2-1 away win in first leg.

Its also a great result to score the first 3 goals in any match even one going onto a 7-1 win - the first 3 goals being absolutely key to getting the win.

Parrott should be involved in preseason and maybe the squad next season if he impresses Ange in preseason, as he's a club trained player not taking up any occupied place in the squad

I think that maybe his first ever hat trick as a professional player

Regardless , its a fantastic result in a high pressure match which Excelsior needed to win despite their 2-1 away win in first leg.

Its also a great result to score the first 3 goals in any match even one going onto a 7-1 win - the first 3 goals being absolutely key to getting the win.

Parrott should be involved in preseason and maybe the squad next season if he impresses Ange in preseason, as he's a club trained player not taking up any occupied place in the squad

Shame how it's worked out for him.

He was the bright hope a few years back. Kanes successor because he wasnt lightning quick, but he was intelligent and a good finisher.

Them loans really dampened those expectations but sometimes it can come later for players.

I hope he is given a chance in pre season because he's always been a highly thought of intelligent player and he's still young.

Them loans really dampened those expectations but sometimes it can come later for players.
True. Kane himself took a few loans to get going. And Vardy didn't break through as a Premier League player until his mid to late 20s, yet still carved out a career that most players would envy.

Shame how it's worked out for him.

He was the bright hope a few years back. Kanes successor because he wasnt lightning quick, but he was intelligent and a good finisher.

I hope he is given a chance in pre season because he's always been a highly thought of intelligent player and he's still young.

With 4 young strikers having a decent claim to pre-season involvement, it maybe Ange thinks a loan next season is the best route forward for him, with a chance to start every week rather than odd appearances at spurs.

But I'm sure quite a few teams, even at the level of say Feyenoord in Dutch league who are one of the top teams there, will have looked at last night's match and said 'a striker who can score a hattrick in a high pressure match is exactly who we'd like on loan'

IMO last night's match will have improved his cv and his confidence no end. A great night for him personally.

He's now got 13 goals and 5 assists (18 goal involvements) in 30 appearances playing 1,985 mins - so a goal involvement every 110 mins which is pretty decent for a young striker.

BTW, Excelsior showing a bit of class and humour with this comment on the match.

View: https://x.com/excelsiorrdam/status/1794475032183185514

I think he would have been involved with our first team more if the club thought he was going to make it with us. He's in the shop window and will probably be sold for a small fee this summer

I think he would have been involved with our first team more if the club thought he was going to make it with us. He's in the shop window and will probably be sold for a small fee this summer
I don't get this kind of thing, we could just keep a guy like him instead of going for loans for players like Werner. Same think happened to Marcus Edwards, that could be a useful player for us now without cost any penny, but instead we are relying in Bryan Gil.

I don't get this kind of thing, we could just keep a guy like him instead of going for loans for players like Werner. Same think happened to Marcus Edwards, that could be a useful player for us now without cost any penny, but instead we are relying in Bryan Gil.

This is like a post from Daniel Levy’s wet dream supporter.

Imagine if we never had to sign another player but instead just 100% relied on the academy.

In his perfect world you’re his perfect supporter.

:levywhoa::levywhoa::levywhoa:

This is like a post from Daniel Levy’s wet dream supporter.

Imagine if we never had to sign another player but instead just 100% relied on the academy.

In his perfect world you’re his perfect supporter.

:levywhoa::levywhoa::levywhoa:
Are you just that stupid or are you practicing? I just stated that we can fill some of the spots in our squad with academy players instead of buying players like Gil that barely play. I'm not stating that we should fit a starting eleven from the academy, but give opportunities to players that come from our youth system.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom