Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Depends on the player too now.

Parrot might decide this is his last loan and either you give him a chance or he wants a permanent move. Who could blame him?
I mean it's definitely his last loan either way. His contract runs out next summer so it makes zero sense to loan him again.

Personally I'd give him a good hard look in pre season, actually give him some proper minutes on the tour, and if we do sell him look to include a buyback option. If his value increases next season we can then always exercise the option and sell him on again for a quick profit.

Realistically, in all likelihood he'll never make the grade with us, which is more down to our level being really fucking hard to reach than any slight on the player.

But he's club trained and guys who come through the academy with a connection to the club are worth their weight in gold (not just in terms of HG but also just having a general connection to the club), so we'd do well to give him a shot at making it here.

Not to mention strikers are peaking later these days. I've mentioned it before but Gyokeres at his age was flopping in the Championship. Would be sickening to lose Parrott for nothing when he so clearly wants to make it with us, only to have him explode at 25 and do it for a Chelsea or Woolwich. Not another Madueke please.

Really hope he does well and keeps this up but can't see him getting to the standard we need to be challenging in cups and at the top end of the premier league tbh.
Good team in Holland would be great for him to keep playing consistently which he won't get here.

The Republic of Ireland international’s current deal at Spurs lasts until 2025 and he has hopes of making into Ange Postecoglou’s plans next season.

“I’ve always wanted that, ever since I came to the UK as a boy,” Parrott explained.

Deserves a chance more than Veliz or Scarlett for me.

Can't even call it giving a kid a chance anymore. 139 senior appearances!

He’s 22. with 139 snr apps. and he looks great … playing in a relegation play-off , against a second division team……..in Holland. ….

But : Bear in mind :

Joe Hart and CCV are revered at Celtic .

Oliver Skipp won player of the year at Norwich ( in the Champs ) when they got promoted. He caned it there.

etc .

As others have said it’s a big step up for him to do the same for us , in the prem .

I love the guy and would love him to come good ; but , being realistic etc ….

PS. I really hope I’m proved totally wrong on this .

Last edited:
He’s 24 , 139 snr apps. and he looks great … playing in a relegation play-off against a second division team. .in Holland. ….

But remember Joe Hart and CCV are revered at Celtic .

Oliver Skipp won player of the year at Norwich . He caned it there.

As others have said it’s a big step up for him to do the same for us , in the prem .

I really hope I’m proved totally wrong .

Situation where being in Europa could be beneficial

James Milner, Gareth Barry, Jamie Vardy, it's really not as rare as you think.
EDIT: to clarify I know both Milner and Barry did play a lot of premier league football in their early careers but they didn't really bloom into really class players until their early-mid 20s, both then earned moves to bigger clubs and all 3 have PL winners medals now. Henderson also took a while to get going in his career, a lot of dippers wanted him sold early into his Pool career, eventually flourished into one of the best midfielders in the league.
We kept on trying to buy milner after his first season at Leeds. Was seen as a really top prospect

He’s 22. with 139 snr apps. and he looks great … playing in a relegation play-off , against a second division team……..in Holland. ….

Oliver Skipp won player of the year at Norwich ( in the Champs ) when they got promoted. He caned it there.

etc .

Different scenarios, Skipp was a beast at Norwich and also here when he came back from loan and before he got injured, he was a very promising player and still has something to offer, unlike CCV and Hart, that I much respect but weren't at the level required.

Different scenarios, Skipp was a beast at Norwich and also here when he came back from loan and before he got injured, he was a very promising player and still has something to offer, unlike CCV and Hart, that I much respect but weren't at the level required.
Good point ;

I agree ; hopefully Skippy will come through.

But you get my overall point (?)

The problem is ; compared to a long time ago ( when I first got into all this) :

the difference between a player who can make a difference at the top , top level AND one who can make a real impact at a lower level / Eredivisie club ; is wafer thin but as wide as an ocean at the same time ( if this makes sense ) .

Fifty years ago we and the likes of LFC , Woolwich , Notts Forest , Man U etc were , routinely, signing players from the from the 3rd Div ( and below ) .

They’d be instrumental in winning League Championships and European titles a few years later .

Look them up . Tony Galvin and Christie Waddle (via NUFC ) came from NON-league ( for example) .

There are countless others : it was the way back then .

I get it ; those days are over ; never to return.

I hope Troy finds his level : Just look at Lookman on Wednesday night .

There can be great times ahead for players that have “failed” in the Prem.

(AND ) if they’re one of out own ; I’ll always support them.

Last edited:

Conducts himself like a real adult and nice guy.

Think he has a shot personally, as he has numerous finishes and has played flanks pretty well this loan and others. Just a shame there isn’t an extra year in the contract (thought he had an option but that might be this coming season).

if he has 2 seasons left, option included, he deserves next season as a shot at it with us, as we are short of HG anyway so holds a free place in Europe.

Conducts himself like a real adult and nice guy.

Think he has a shot personally, as he has numerous finishes and has played flanks pretty well this loan and others. Just a shame there isn’t an extra year in the contract (thought he had an option but that might be this coming season).

if he has 2 seasons left, option included, he deserves next season as a shot at it with us, as we are short of HG anyway so holds a free place in Europe.
Isn't Parrot the one with questionable friends, or am I thinking of Cirkin?

Isn't Parrot the one with questionable friends, or am I thinking of Cirkin?
Yeah, gangsta family, but that doesn’t seem to have caused troubles, no talk from anywhere in questionable attitude or such. Though a year in Holland likely helped mature him, regardless.

Just really like he’s had to fight for things, looks like one who takes setbacks on the chin and goes again.

Yeah, gangsta family, but that doesn’t seem to have caused troubles, no talk from anywhere in questionable attitude or such. Though a year in Holland likely helped mature him, regardless.

Just really like he’s had to fight for things, looks like one who takes setbacks on the chin and goes again.
By no means saying he's as bad as his friends but having such close ties to a mob family can't be all that healthy.
Either way, as you said I hope was able to mature a bit more in the Netherlands.

What I get from him is perhaps best described as Gritty.

An attribute our squad is somewhat light on, to say the least.

etc .

Netherlands or not, playing against adults is a massive jump from youth football. Scoring a decent amount of goals at this point doesn't put him above Vincent Jansen, other than we didn't spend a load of money on him and he's homegrown I expect.

Veliz has shown more than Scarlett in that regard and I'm not convinced he was better off getting 4 sub appearances in Spain than he would've been staying with us, already with a Premier League goal under his belt.

But when it comes to having a 3rd striker getting minutes here and there, Parrott in my view deserves that chance more than the other 2.

Knowing us he will be sold to a Sunderland level side with a sell on clause. I'm of the opinion that players develop more when they're playing against better opponents. Some Obika type players might've had better careers if they were given fair chances - which this kid deserves.

Dane Scarlett is only 20 and you have written him off. I think a loan move to Holland or Belgium would be good for him. Same with Devine and Phillips maybe the Bundesliga.

I think even though the English Leagues have got better quite often they do not let young players play with enough freedom.
Thing is with Dane I just don't see the tools there for him ever to be a great PL level striker. He could definitely prove me wrong, for sure, but I really don't see it. His 2 loans so far have been an unmitigated failure, you can say that at least Parrott has had a decent season at Excelsior, for however much that counts in terms of the level he has been getting consistent minutes (and goals) for a senior side in senior competition, likewise Kane was well liked at both Millwall and Leicester respectively on his loans there. Scarlett was poor at Portsmouth and played so few minutes for Ipswich he was recalled by the club. If he is gonna make it with us his next loan out (which I firmly believe he needs because he is NOT ready for PL football as it stands) needs to be a roaring success, but having not done particularly well in league one, followed by an even worse loan in the championship, it's hard to say where you can send him that he'll have a productive loan? Might be worth seeing if Plymouth want him on loan, we seem to be developing a bit of a good relationship with them in terms of farming players out if Devine and Phillips are anything to go on and you fancy he'd get more minutes scrapping it out for mid-table there than pushing for promotion with Ipswich.

Back
Top Bottom