Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thing is with Dane I just don't see the tools there for him ever to be a great PL level striker. He could definitely prove me wrong, for sure, but I really don't see it. His 2 loans so far have been an unmitigated failure, you can say that at least Parrott has had a decent season at Excelsior, for however much that counts in terms of the level he has been getting consistent minutes (and goals) for a senior side in senior competition, likewise Kane was well liked at both Millwall and Leicester respectively on his loans there. Scarlett was poor at Portsmouth and played so few minutes for Ipswich he was recalled by the club. If he is gonna make it with us his next loan out (which I firmly believe he needs because he is NOT ready for PL football as it stands) needs to be a roaring success, but having not done particularly well in league one, followed by an even worse loan in the championship, it's hard to say where you can send him that he'll have a productive loan? Might be worth seeing if Plymouth want him on loan, we seem to be developing a bit of a good relationship with them in terms of farming players out if Devine and Phillips are anything to go on and you fancy he'd get more minutes scrapping it out for mid-table there than pushing for promotion with Ipswich.
Completely agree, and it was just stupid to loan Veliz to acomodate Scarlett, Veliz was quality the 45 minutes he stayed on the pitch this season and even has scored a goal, he deserved more opportunities. We should have found another loan for Scarlett instead.

Completely agree, and it was just stupid to loan Veliz to acomodate Scarlett, Veliz was quality the 45 minutes he stayed on the pitch this season and even has scored a goal, he deserved more opportunities. We should have found another loan for Scarlett instead.
Isn’t the issue that Scarlett had already been registered by 2 different clubs when his loan was recalled?

Thing is with Dane I just don't see the tools there for him ever to be a great PL level striker. He could definitely prove me wrong, for sure, but I really don't see it. His 2 loans so far have been an unmitigated failure, you can say that at least Parrott has had a decent season at Excelsior, for however much that counts in terms of the level he has been getting consistent minutes (and goals) for a senior side in senior competition, likewise Kane was well liked at both Millwall and Leicester respectively on his loans there. Scarlett was poor at Portsmouth and played so few minutes for Ipswich he was recalled by the club. If he is gonna make it with us his next loan out (which I firmly believe he needs because he is NOT ready for PL football as it stands) needs to be a roaring success, but having not done particularly well in league one, followed by an even worse loan in the championship, it's hard to say where you can send him that he'll have a productive loan? Might be worth seeing if Plymouth want him on loan, we seem to be developing a bit of a good relationship with them in terms of farming players out if Devine and Phillips are anything to go on and you fancy he'd get more minutes scrapping it out for mid-table there than pushing for promotion with Ipswich.
Plymouth have just appointed Wayne Rooney as manager so avoid. I still think a loan to Netherlands, Belgium or Germany would do Devine, Phillips, and Scarlett. Somewhere where they would get lots of minutes and have more freedom in the way they play. I feel English Football is still too structured and coaches the creativity out of young players.

Plymouth have just appointed Wayne Rooney as manager so avoid. I still think a loan to Netherlands, Belgium or Germany would do Devine, Phillips, and Scarlett. Somewhere where they would get lots of minutes and have more freedom in the way they play. I feel English Football is still too structured and coaches the creativity out of young players.
I think Scarlett will have to be loaned domestically, I don't think there will be any interest from top division clubs even abroad to take him on loan off the strength of his previous loans. I'd be inclined to agree on Devine and Phillips but I'd actually much rather keep both here for the EL squad, both of them are 19 before the season starts which is old enough to be playing cup matches for certain, Devine did very very well at Port Vale and then went to Plymouth and did very well, he keeps matching and exceeding the level we throw at him and I think we should give him a chance at the club next season. Phillips I think could benefit more from a loan than Devine, we are lighter in midfield than in defence now in my opinion and we also have Dorrington to factor in, but I'd rather see Phillips get a PL loan next, maybe Ipswich would be interested?

Parrott back in the Ireland squad

GOqvwwrXcAEmLLm

Back
Top Bottom