Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Parrot is 22, his current contract runs out in July 2025. I think he is too old to be loaning out again., We (Ange) either decide to make him part of the 1st team squad, or sell him. I'm sure another PL or Championship side will be willing to buy him, especially as we'll be selling him cheap. Obviously he might want to stay in the Netherlands. Whatever, good luck to him.

Are you just that stupid or are you practicing? I just stated that we can fill some of the spots in our squad with academy players instead of buying players like Gil that barely play. I'm not stating that we should fit a starting eleven from the academy, but give opportunities to players that com from our youth system.

CalmDown-title.jpg

That logics a bit of a stretch mate. No one should ever really use Kane as any kind of yardstick, he's such an standout so unique he might as well be Martian. I think Parrot is going to be decent but I don't see exceptional.
You never know, very hard to someone to follow Kane's path, but when he was 21 he came from a loan spell to Leicester were he scored 2 in 15 games in Championship. You never know how the player will perform when he start to play in a better team where he's surrounded by better players, and that's why I insist we should be given more chances to our youth before rulling them out. Look Devine, for example, he was touted as a wonderkid all this years but came from a bad loan to a very bad team, you can't just accept he's done as a footballer because of that, we have to test them playing under better conditions.

It is the easiest thing in the world to write off young players because most of them won't make it.
Troy will make it.
I am hopeful with THFC but I think he would score a lot of goals in Italy.

Last edited:
That logics a bit of a stretch mate. No one should ever really use Kane as any kind of yardstick, he's such an standout so unique he might as well be Martian. I think Parrot is going to be decent but I don't see exceptional.

I’m not saying he’s going to be Kane. Just saying that he came through at the same age. In all likelihood we’ll sell him with a buy back or some sort of clause but he should get a chance.

James Milner, Gareth Barry, Jamie Vardy, it's really not as rare as you think.
EDIT: to clarify I know both Milner and Barry did play a lot of premier league football in their early careers but they didn't really bloom into really class players until their early-mid 20s, both then earned moves to bigger clubs and all 3 have PL winners medals now. Henderson also took a while to get going in his career, a lot of dippers wanted him sold early into his Pool career, eventually flourished into one of the best midfielders in the league.

Last edited:
James Milner, Gareth Barry, Jamie Vardy, it's really not as rare as you think.
EDIT: to clarify I know both Milner and Barry did play a lot of premier league football in their early careers but they didn't really bloom into really class players until their early-mid 20s, both then earned moves to bigger clubs and all 3 have PL winners medals now. Henderson also took a while to get going in his career, a lot of dippers wanted him sold early into his Pool career, eventually flourished into one of the best midfielders in the league.
I don't think you can have Milner he was always an exceptionally talented player. I wanted us to sign him from Leeds, also Barry. Which leaves you two players which kind of illustrated my point better than your own I think. I am not saying he is rubbish I just don't believe for a second he will play at the highest level for us consistently. We clearly see diffrent things I think some of the young forwards Spurs have in the academy will surpass Parrot comfortably.

I don't think you can have Milner he was always an exceptionally talented player. I wanted us to sign him from Leeds, also Barry. Which leaves you two players which kind of illustrated my point better than your own I think. I am not saying he is rubbish I just don't believe for a second he will play at the highest level for us consistently. We clearly see diffrent things I think some of the young forwards Spurs have in the academy will surpass Parrot comfortably.
Milner was always a good player, certainly better than Parrott is now at his age, I'll defo give you that, Barry I would argue a bit more on, he really only appeared on the radar of most bigger clubs the season before City got him. Always a talent certainly, and again way more seasoned than Parrott which again I'd give you... it could well end up being that Parrott's lack of consistent senior minutes in his teens will cost him in the long run, on the other hand if he did end up having a real breakout season he would likely be playing to a very high standard well into his 30s on account of not having so much wear on him. Like you I can't really see a scenario where Parrott becomes anything for us, but with the Europa League to contend with he could actually get gametime with the club next season. Out of him and Scarlett I see it a lot more with Parrott, I really seriously don't rate Scarlett and don't think he'll ever make it above Championship level from what I've seen, just not a great natural goalscorer and doesn't do the other things well enough to earn him the 9 spot in a sole striker system. He's a guy that needs a strike partner when no one plays 2 up top anymore. Parrott has a lot more about him to play up front by himself.

Milner was always a good player, certainly better than Parrott is now at his age, I'll defo give you that, Barry I would argue a bit more on, he really only appeared on the radar of most bigger clubs the season before City got him. Always a talent certainly, and again way more seasoned than Parrott which again I'd give you... it could well end up being that Parrott's lack of consistent senior minutes in his teens will cost him in the long run, on the other hand if he did end up having a real breakout season he would likely be playing to a very high standard well into his 30s on account of not having so much wear on him. Like you I can't really see a scenario where Parrott becomes anything for us, but with the Europa League to contend with he could actually get gametime with the club next season. Out of him and Scarlett I see it a lot more with Parrott, I really seriously don't rate Scarlett and don't think he'll ever make it above Championship level from what I've seen, just not a great natural goalscorer and doesn't do the other things well enough to earn him the 9 spot in a sole striker system. He's a guy that needs a strike partner when no one plays 2 up top anymore. Parrott has a lot more about him to play up front by himself.
Dane Scarlett is only 20 and you have written him off. I think a loan move to Holland or Belgium would be good for him. Same with Devine and Phillips maybe the Bundesliga.

I think even though the English Leagues have got better quite often they do not let young players play with enough freedom.

"Exclesior would love to have Parrott back next season but that won’t happen. The most likely outcome is that Spurs will sell him to one of the many sides keen on his services – German, Dutch and French clubs are all eager.

Then again, Postecoglou may step back and think of poor calls by rival managers, like Wagner loaning out Idah or Blanc not rating O’Brien, who has increased his transfer valuation tenfold. Foreign fields have suited the trio of Idah, O’Brien and Parrott and for the sake of this brittle Irish team, it can only be hoped they keep improving."

I’m never one to write off young players but in the limited minutes I’ve seen there’s nothing about Parrott that suggests to me he will be a leading forward option for us. However I do believe he can have a good career at a championship/SPL/Dutch league etc level, which is ‘making it’ by any reasonable view.

Kane was an absolute freak, his career transformation is an absolute anomaly.

That’s not to say that Parrott can’t become a top player, it’s just incredibly unlikely based on what he’s displayed so far. The difference between us now and us when Sherwood gave Kane his chance is that no one is going to be happy giving Parrott a chance when we should be going out and signing a quality centre forward this summer. Presumably Richarlison won’t be going anywhere which means he’ll be No2. There’s just no room for Parrott.

As with anyone (well, mostly anyone I.e. Judas) who has played for us, particularly players who come up through the youth team I hope they go on and have cracking careers. I reckon he’ll do well for someone. It just won’t be us.

Back
Top Bottom