Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There was nothing elegant about the finish, but it ended up in the net. He won't care that it gets no marks for style.

What you don't see in the clip is that he started the whole thing from his own box and he hussled, and chased the ball to regain possession on the half way. Determination, energy, and persistence are excellent attributes to add to goal scoring ability.

There was nothing elegant about the finish, but it ended up in the net. He won't care that it gets no marks for style.

What you don't see in the clip is that he started the whole thing from his own box and he hussled, and chased the ball to regain possession on the half way. Determination, energy, and persistence are excellent attributes to add to goal scoring ability.
There's the longer version

View: https://x.com/RTEsport/status/1798092479989772581

He’s got the goal scores touch. Not sure if it’s just an insane run or beginning or something bigger.

He’s earned a real look. Hope he gets it.

Lol he's actually very lucky. Not at all Kanesque he telegraphs it and wins the lotto anyway. But good luck to him. Sometimes luck is important, think Kanes free kick against Villa. Get him a year on loan at a Burnley or prehaps Bournemouth if he cuts him in the squad.
Yeah gets about 4-5 bits of good fortune leading to that goal but pressing does cause mistakes so fair play to him because he only played his last game in Netherlands 2 days ago and joined up with the Ireland squad late.

On what I've seen he's not considerably better than Veliz who got injured at an absolute tragic time. I like bringing through players from our caddy. So more for what it says to Lankshire who looks the real deal to my untutored eye and our other prospects I'd extend Parrot by a year and ask him to do what he has done in the Championship or at Leicester or another promoted side. If he can score goals and make mins there bring him back.

Problem is Veliz has not played for a year (last matches before joining Spurs playing for Argentina u20's in June and last regular games in Argentina league last March (15 ,months or so ago), so needs regular game time to get back up to speed. He won't get that at Spurs, he will with a better chosen loan probably Championship or League 1.

Lankshear is aged 19 but played youth to date only, although he's now built more like a man, a loan to L1 until Christmas and a Championship loan in H2 if he's performing well in L1 is probably his best bet to get experience playing mens football.

Parrott atm is the guy in form playing mens football. so if Ange manages his minutes we can see what his real level is - and being club trained is an extra player (unlike Veliz who would take up an overseas trained place in uefa squad) - so he's a free pick on top of spurs usual squad and if he performs its great but if he doesn't its no big issue. Its a 6 month or one year trial for Parrott at Spurs, its not a life time decision.

Lol he's actually very lucky. Not at all Kanesque he telegraphs it and wins the lotto anyway. But good luck to him. Sometimes luck is important, think Kanes free kick against Villa. Get him a year on loan at a Burnley or prehaps Bournemouth if he cuts him in the squad.
"I would rather have a general who was lucky than one who was good." (Napoleon Bonaparte)

I would rather have Parrott as No.2 to new striker. Richie mentally won’t sustain being on the sub bench. So

sell Richie
loan Scarlett
keep Lankshear in U21 setup for at least first 6 months then maybe loan if he’s outgrown it
buy proper striker
give Troy 3 year contract.
have Son and Kulu as emergency striker.

Simples.

I would rather have Parrott as No.2 to new striker. Richie mentally won’t sustain being on the sub bench. So

sell Richie
loan Scarlett
keep Lankshear in U21 setup for at least first 6 months then maybe loan if he’s outgrown it
buy proper striker
give Troy 3 year contract.
have Son and Kulu as emergency striker.

Simples.
This place is something else at times.

Back
Top Bottom