Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Got 70 mins at the centre of a front 3 according to Auntie. Came off at 2-0 up. Not knowing anything about Ipswich I’ve no idea if it was a like for like replacement. Didn’t watch so I don’t have any input as to performance at this stage.

EDIT

A quick check on Twitter.

Looks like he may have joined a team who are struggling for form and a bit of quality.
Let’s hope this one works out for him.

Last edited:
Freddie Sears moved to the left of the front three having started in the middle last week with Parrott the central striker and Luke Thomas on the right.
Parrott, who had had a lively half, played in Sears, who took the ball wide of the advancing Maxwell before slipping it home. Video evidence suggested the former Colchester man might have been onside.
Tangerines keeper Maxwell was sent off at Portman Road for taking out Kayden Jackson having come well out of his goal when playing for Preston in November 2018 and almost repeated the trick in the 58th minute when he arrived late and sent Parrott flying midway inside the visitors’ half to the right. Referee John Busby deemed the challenge worthy of only a yellow card.
On 69, the Blues swapped Parrott, who can be pleased with his Town debut, and Dozzell for James Norwood and debutant Harrop.

Not saying it's impossible but it's unlikely he will return from this loan and be ready for the 1st team squad next season.
Harry went 2010-13 on loan. IMO he didn't need the 3rd season but Troy must expect at least one more season on loan.

Troy Parrott has started both games since he joined on loan from Tottenham, playing 70 minutes against Blackpool last weekend and then the full 90 on Tuesday. Will the Irish international be able to start again on Saturday?

“He’s been brilliant for us,” Lambert enthused. “His link-up play and his touch is brilliant. He’s a top player and I think he’ll go on to really great things, the way he plays.

“He’s really clever, really intelligent, brings people into the game and he was unlucky with his chance the other day. We just need to monitor him at the minute, but he’s doing really well. No issues with him.”

He says Parrott, who is yet to score a senior goal, is an even better player than he thought he was prior to his signing: “Yes, absolutely, his awareness and his touch, a really, really clever player who could be a really top player if he keeps progressing the way he is.

"You’ve got to remember, he just turned 19 last week. I can see it because I’m a professional person in the game, I see things that maybe you guys [the media] might not see. What I see would be different to you, but he’s a top player.”

Regarding Norwood and Parrott playing together as a front two at Peterborough, he said: “They started brilliantly. We looked quite comfortable. But Peterborough had a little spell just before half-time when they got the goal. There was nothing in the game really.

“The two of them caused trouble, which I thought they needed to do and I think it was just going to go one way or the other, that game was a close call.”

Fairly encouraging from Parrott last night. Obviously needs to improve his goal involvement but his general play in that game looks to have been quite sharp.

He seemed to play on the wing at Millwall and now plays as a 10 for Ipswich.

But Ipswich fans seem happy with him.

Its hard with youngsters. Unless you offer something different (rapid pace or unique dribbling ability) - it's hard to shine. Especially if you don't have, say, the drive of a Harry Kane.

Back
Top Bottom