Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You will win some you will lose some. Neither him or Edwards have done enough to really warrant the wait. Look at Jack Clark sometimes things are just not meant to be, I feel a bit like this the case with Parrot
Have maintained for a long while that he'll be a very good Championship / decent bottom half PL player. More rounded ability than Scarlett imo. That's a nice career to have in front of you if the work is put in and you get lucky with injury.

Have maintained for a long while that he'll be a very good Championship / decent bottom half PL player. More rounded ability than Scarlett imo. That's a nice career to have in front of you if the work is put in and you get lucky with injury.
Yeah that's exactly how I feel about him. The only thing on Scarlett I'll say though us he is young very young and he is manifesting profound physical transformation. This last year he looks far stronger far more robust, then there's the finishing he has shown an innate Kane-like quality in hitting the corners. I think for some reason ( maybe not with us) he will make an EPL forward.

I think that's his 5th goal in 12 appearances (5 starts and 7 off bench) - only 493 minutes played so a goal every 99 mins.

also has 2 assists so 7 goal involvements or one goal involvement every 70 mins.

I think that's his 5th goal in 12 appearances (5 starts and 7 off bench) - only 493 minutes played so a goal every 99 mins.

also has 2 assists so 7 goal involvements or one goal involvement every 70 mins.
If he was starting regularly in the prem getting those averages he’d be worth £80m minimum.

As it is having so far played mostly as an impact sub in the Netherlands it’s hard to tell his current level.

Let’s hope he keeps it up. and keeps getting regular starts, and comes back to us and tears it up. God knows we could do with someone with the conviction to stick the ball in the net at the moment

If he was starting regularly in the prem getting those averages he’d be worth £80m minimum.

As it is having so far played mostly as an impact sub in the Netherlands it’s hard to tell his current level.

Let’s hope he keeps it up. and keeps getting regular starts, and comes back to us and tears it up. God knows we could do with someone with the conviction to stick the ball in the net at the moment

Has had a series of frankly disappointing loans with only his loan to L1 MK Dons giving 'ok' results so needs to keep up this run of form at Excelsior to get a chance at a Championship or lower PL career.

He has likely now matured physically and emotionally.

To first gain the trust of the coach(es) there to get sub appearances, and to then take those chances and gain a starting spot is great stuff.

Those of us who followed him at earlier youth will recall there was trepidation over him signed a decent length pro contract at 18, such was his form and rumours other big clubs wanted to entice him.

At 18-19 it was clear he was raised into a more difficult situation (friends with a major Gangsters son etc), so his maturing and accepting a loan in Holland is a joy to see.

Well done Troy, hope his body can hold up to a full season hitting good numbers.

Keep forgetting he's still only 21 and sometimes it's not always the perfect storm for players, some might even have to drop a level just go find their feet and it's not always that you're going to have the perfect career in that you improve every season whilst taking a step up.

So with that being said Troy may just have given himself the kick start he needs, playing in another country and league and whilst being that club's no1 striker is about mentality and maturity, glad he's finally maturing and growing up.

Keep forgetting he's still only 21 and sometimes it's not always the perfect storm for players, some might even have to drop a level just go find their feet and it's not always that you're going to have the perfect career in that you improve every season whilst taking a step up.

So with that being said Troy may just have given himself the kick start he needs, playing in another country and league and whilst being that club's no1 striker is about mentality and maturity, glad he's finally maturing and growing up.

Contract ends Jun 2025...........

Surely worth an extension before then to wait a little longer to see how things play out.

Very bored with him to be honest. He’s playing in a shit league that the likes of Vinny and Bergy have a field day in. It’s crap. So is he. Shouldn’t be on our books. Waste of time, money and head space.

Back
Top Bottom