Troy Parrott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Technically he’s one of the best players to come out of Ireland and indeed Spurs’ academy in years, but the sad fact is he just hasn’t developed physically in the manner that will allow him to be a success at the top level.

He has all the technical skill in the world but the lad has absolutely zero pace or power, which will prohibit him from making any kind of meaningful impact at even Championship Level long term I would think.

It’s sad considering how incredibly promising he looked in the youth teams from 17/18 onwards, but he’s just never going to make it. The best we can hope for is that this current loan continues to go as somewhat successfully as it has so far, and we can ship him off to a Championship team in the summer for a fee.

7th straight start for Parrott in Excelsiors first game back after the winter break. They play PSV tonight at 20:00

GDvoTQyW0AAsjGS

As expected, PSV uber dominating the game, but no surprise for a CL quality side facing a team that'd struggle to stay up in the Champo. Score's 2-nil but could be 5 or 6.

Young Troy spent the half chasing shadows and can't say he tried that hard. Lost the ball twice in quick succession towards the end. First, he made a right mess of controlling a high ball despite it being rather bread & butter...could've led to a big chance for his team and though he got a corner out of it, it's cause the PSV defender got himself into a right tangle. Second, he completely misplaced a pass in the middle of the park, when his pal was not even 5 yards away...gave it straight to the oppo who countered and nearly scored. Otherwise he's been anonymous.

But hard to judge him on this game. Their only objective is clearly to avoid being humiliated.

As expected, PSV uber dominating the game, but no surprise for a CL quality side facing a team that'd struggle to stay up in the Champo. Score's 2-nil but could be 5 or 6.

Young Troy spent the half chasing shadows and can't say he tried that hard. Lost the ball twice in quick succession towards the end. First, he made a right mess of controlling a high ball despite it being rather bread & butter...could've led to a big chance for his team and though he got a corner out of it, it's cause the PSV defender got himself into a right tangle. Second, he completely misplaced a pass in the middle of the park, when his pal was not even 5 yards away...gave it straight to the oppo who countered and nearly scored. Otherwise he's been anonymous.

But hard to judge him on this game. Their only objective is clearly to avoid being humiliated.
Yeah hard to judge him on this game. The couple of times he's been able to hold up the ball, there's been no real support anyway. Did win a corner towards the end of the first half. Pretty unlucky on PSV's first goal where his keeper saved it against him to gift them a goal but very one-sided game.

Obviously if Ange rates him but after all the usual suspects leave there is room for Troy next season.
I've still got me fingers crossed. :rolleyes:

Better 2nd half from Excelsior, though it had a lot to with PSV taking their foot off the gas and emptying their bench.

Troy missed a big chance to make it 3-2 on 90th min. Great run, gets 1v1 with the keeper, but waits a microsecond too long to take the shot, big fat goalie saves with his leg. But the kid is involved on his team's goal...taking the defender away and opening up space for the scorer.

But if I were him, I'd be well pissed off and have a right go at my teammates in the locker room. He spent the 2nd half making good runs and either they couldn't see him or didn't have the quality to find him. Other times they just ignored him. Feels as if a lot of them were playing for their own stat sheet and trying to show off in front of the PSV boss.

Be good if our Football Ops people could get him a move to a better Dutch side like AZ, Twente...even Sparta, so wouldn't need to move from Rotterdam.

Chin up, lad.

I think that's now 6 goals and 3 assists in15 appearances, of which 8 were starts in Dutch top league . suggesting circa 1 goal involvement per game.

Still only aged 21, but probably too late to make it as Spurs unless Ange unexpectedly involves him in pre-season.......

I think that's now 6 goals and 3 assists in15 appearances, of which 8 were starts in Dutch top league . suggesting circa 1 goal involvement per game.

Still only aged 21, but probably too late to make it as Spurs unless Ange unexpectedly involves him in pre-season.......
How long’s his contract? Doing well enough to snag a Prem loan next season if he keeps it up.

Looks a lot more relaxed in his body, hopefully fully dedicating himself to it now. Hope on this seasons showing we have a couple of years in case his trajectory continues upwards.

Back
Top Bottom