U-18/U-21/Loans/Development Squad (2011-2018)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obika seems to be good at getting goals in the last few minutes at charlton. Think he might have more goals this season in the championship compared to kane who is the more highly rated of the two.

I think you are correct that Obika has more goals than Kane.

Obika has scored 2 and Kane 1 (I think..)

Harrys loan move this year mystified me because he was very successful at Millwall and was even voted their youth player of the year. He was loved by the fans, and the manager alike. Played the number 9 role very capably.

His move to Leicester was bizarre in the fact that they already has 4 or 5 strikers on the book.

I think that the Spurs development team wanted Harry to take a "Step up" to a team which was pushing for promotion rather than being mid table, but it has backfired pretty badly.

A smart loan move next season is a must. Really want the lad to succeed.

I think you are correct that Obika has more goals than Kane.

Obika has scored 2 and Kane 1 (I think..)

Harrys loan move this year mystified me because he was very successful at Millwall and was even voted their youth player of the year. He was loved by the fans, and the manager alike. Played the number 9 role very capably.

His move to Leicester was bizarre in the fact that they already has 4 or 5 strikers on the book.

I think that the Spurs development team wanted Harry to take a "Step up" to a team which was pushing for promotion rather than being mid table, but it has backfired pretty badly.

A smart loan move next season is a must. Really want the lad to succeed.

Yes i agree it was an odd loan, i could understand the loan to norwich because clearly we were seeing if he could replicate caulker and go straight up through the divisions.

When that did not work we should have sent him back to millwall as they were sniffing around(read comments from their manager) But maybe we thought he should play in a different style of team and as you say one going for promotion.

I believe it is sherwoods jobs to find the right loan for players so he has to take responsability for that.

He will have an important and busy job to do this summer because i imagine a fair few of our players will go out on loan or should be looking to.

Smith needs a premership loan to see if he can make the step up, wigan were interested but i doubt they will be a premership club next season.

Carroll is a player i have a great deal of time for and love how he plays but i think he needs a season of playing full games and i hope it is the premership, i think he has a big future ahead of him and love how he always plays a good pass before he looks for the defence splitting pass.

Kane, Obika, Luongo, Cabellos, Pritchard should all be looking for championship level loans and i would expect a few in the age group below might get a month or 3 month loans at lower league clubs to ggive them vital match experince, something we seem to value over the next gen and youth football.

Im interested to see how grant hall turns out as i am close friends with a few brighton fans and one ex brighton player. Some of them rated him some did not, seemed like a bit of a punt from us on that player and still do not know if we paid brighton a fee or not as his career was broken by a spell at Lewes.

Yes i agree it was an odd loan, i could understand the loan to norwich because clearly we were seeing if he could replicate caulker and go straight up through the divisions.

When that did not work we should have sent him back to millwall as they were sniffing around(read comments from their manager) But maybe we thought he should play in a different style of team and as you say one going for promotion.

I believe it is sherwoods jobs to find the right loan for players so he has to take responsability for that.

He will have an important and busy job to do this summer because i imagine a fair few of our players will go out on loan or should be looking to.

Smith needs a premership loan to see if he can make the step up, wigan were interested but i doubt they will be a premership club next season.

Carroll is a player i have a great deal of time for and love how he plays but i think he needs a season of playing full games and i hope it is the premership, i think he has a big future ahead of him and love how he always plays a good pass before he looks for the defence splitting pass.

Kane, Obika, Luongo, Cabellos, Pritchard should all be looking for championship level loans and i would expect a few in the age group below might get a month or 3 month loans at lower league clubs to ggive them vital match experince, something we seem to value over the next gen and youth football.

Im interested to see how grant hall turns out as i am close friends with a few brighton fans and one ex brighton player. Some of them rated him some did not, seemed like a bit of a punt from us on that player and still do not know if we paid brighton a fee or not as his career was broken by a spell at Lewes.

Re Hall - looks like we paid them some sort of fee. My guess is it would have been maybe £500k - £750k since if we went to tribunal they would have been claiming more and this would be a compromise for both sides to avoid the uncertainty of a tribunal.
http://m.theargus.co.uk/sport/10156641.Albion_settle_on_Hall_deal_with_Spurs/

Agree with most of your points - but surely Kane would be seeking another PL loan (the Norwich one didn't work out due to injury), as his stint at Millwall last season showed he could handle Championship with ease (the Leicester loan seems a complete screwup, badvchoice of club for him). Alternatively keep him at Spurs as 3rd striker and coach him into more of leader of the line rather than the 442 second striker role he seems to play whilst playing some first team games for 6 months before going to a PL team in January to get more game time.

Swindon fan on another football forum I post on:

Parrett was sent back last week, just wasn't cutting it. Rumour has it he trashed his hotel room after getting a bit of stick on twitter
laugh.gif

Byrne and Luongo continue to improve and have both been contenders for MOM in the last 2 games. I think Byrne will struggle at fullback any higher up than L1 but as an attacking threat he can play higher, absolutely superb crosser of the ball and despite what I said, has been excellent defensively in the last two games, despite some suspect positioning at times.

Luongo, oh boy, what a player. Scored a cracking diving header on Tuesday night, tenacious, strong in the tackle and just a cut above in terms of use of the ball and passing ability. Can we keep him, pleeease?

I will be surprised if Luongo doesn't end up being Parker's long-term replacement, I've yet to read a bad review about the boy.

Yep i keep hearing good stuff about him, i like the sound of having a tough aussie in the team, a bit like cahill who was one of the most underrated players ever to play and regularly score against us.

Also read that hall had a good game last night, not that i got to see any of it sadly.

Will be very interested to see how or if avb tries to bring through the youth players into the first team squad. I would think Carroll, Townsend and Livermore have to be in it a lot more next year. Then we can save some money to put towards a striker who is not ade.

While Livermore has a good engine and is an adequate PL player, I think he is drifting down the ranks and may well be sold in the summer. Certainly I am sure he is a good enough player that a number of lower ranked clubs will enquire about him.
With Carroll, Huddlestone, Holtby clearly ahead of him, it's a bit much to ask him to sit on the bench. Townsend may well overtake him next year as well, although he isn't really comparable as they play in different positions.

While Livermore has a good engine and is an adequate PL player, I think he is drifting down the ranks and may well be sold in the summer. Certainly I am sure he is a good enough player that a number of lower ranked clubs will enquire about him.
With Carroll, Huddlestone, Holtby clearly ahead of him, it's a bit much to ask him to sit on the bench. Townsend may well overtake him next year as well, although he isn't really comparable as they play in different positions.

If we have Sandro and Parker fit and available then there is no need to have Livermore on the bench anyway, an attacking option would suit us much better.

The U18's won 6-3 at Sunderland this afternoon.. taking them top of Group 1, only the winners go to the play-offs...

Sorry can't post links to the report on the OS yet as I have only just joined.

Last game is tomorrow (weird, I know) at bottom of the table WBA.. a win secures top spot, unless Liverpool win all three remaining games and make up at least 11 goals difference...

Just looking back to the U21 side, it shows how strong the group was we were in for the 1st phase, Spurs, Man Utd, Soton are 3 of the top 4 in this phase, whereas Arse, West Ham and WBA all qualified together and are 3 of the bottom 4... goes to show how well our boys have done when you also add the loan players that are not available as well... would love to see us win this..

The U18's won 6-3 at Sunderland this afternoon.. taking them top of Group 1, only the winners go to the play-offs...

Sorry can't post links to the report on the OS yet as I have only just joined.

Last game is tomorrow (weird, I know) at bottom of the table WBA.. a win secures top spot, unless Liverpool win all three remaining games and make up at least 11 goals difference...

Just looking back to the U21 side, it shows how strong the group was we were in for the 1st phase, Spurs, Man Utd, Soton are 3 of the top 4 in this phase, whereas Arse, West Ham and WBA all qualified together and are 3 of the bottom 4... goes to show how well our boys have done when you also add the loan players that are not available as well... would love to see us win this..

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/sunderland-u18s-spurs-report-26042013.page?

Our Under-18s secured a huge win against Sunderland in the Barclays U18 Premier League on Friday.
The victory means the lads can now top Group One of the competition and qualify for the end-of-season play-offs.
The pressure was on as defeat would have ruled the team out of the running for top spot.
But the players delivered thanks to two bursts of three goals in 10-minute spells in each half at Sunderland's Academy of Light.
Victor Zapata-Caicedo struck on 24 and 31 minutes before Roman Michael-Percil made it 3-1 on 34.
Sunderland responded to make it 3-2 at half-time but then three more goals from Dominic Ball (63 minutes), Ruben Lameiras (68) and Darren McQueen (73) secured the win.
The three points meant the team leapfrogged over Sunderland into top spot on 21 points with one more group fixture remaining.
And they won't have to wait for long - the squad travels from Sunderland straight to West Brom to complete their Group One campaign in a noon kick-off on Saturday (April 27).
Another victory will take them onto 24 points. That will take them beyond reach of Sunderland, who have one game remaining against Liverpool.
The Anfield side can also still reach 24 points with three matches remaining, all away against West Ham on Saturday, Stoke on Monday and then Sunderland on May 4.
However, after Friday's result, we have a 10-goal better goal difference than the Reds.
The views of Academy Manager, John McDermott will follow soon...

Spurs U18s:McGee,, A McQueen, Ball (McEneff, 76), Ogilvie, Ward (Vincent-Young, 71), Dombaxe, Lesniak, Lameiras, Michael-Percil, Miller, Zapata-Caicedo (D McQueen, 71).

7813644u18tab.JPG

News through that Man Utd have lost 1-0 at Wolves and Liverpool have lost 2-1 at West Ham this evening which means the U21's have won the Elite section as they now cannot be caught...

Spurs will play the play off winner in the semi-final (Everton winners of group 1 v Newcastle or Norwich).. the other semi-final will be Liverpool v Man Utd (who have still to play each other in the Elite section before the semi finals...

A really great day for both U18's and U21's....

News through that Man Utd have lost 1-0 at Wolves and Liverpool have lost 2-1 at West Ham this evening which means the U21's have won the Elite section as they now cannot be caught...

Spurs will play the play off winner in the semi-final (Everton winners of group 1 v Newcastle or Norwich).. the other semi-final will be Liverpool v Man Utd (who have still to play each other in the Elite section before the semi finals...

A really great day for both U18's and U21's....

We have home advantage in the u21 semi final - provisional date May 11th - so maybe WHL or Brisbane Road ?

Maybe the 1882 movement want another bit of fun - or wait for finals provisionally on May 18th.

If we get through to the u18's semi final we will be away to the u 18 Elite Group winners

We have home advantage in the u21 semi final - provisional date May 11th - so maybe WHL or Brisbane Road ?

Maybe the 1882 movement want another bit of fun - or wait for finals provisionally on May 18th.

If we get through to the u18's semi final we will be away to the u 18 Elite Group winners

That looks like Fulham (its there's to lose) and in terms of U18 play off opponents, could be anyone in group 2, it is that close (4pts) from top to bottom...

Will be interested to see if the u18 lads that have stepped up to the development squad will be sacrificed for the older lads returning from their loans. Our team could be shit hot but very unlucky on the younger lads that have kept up winning ways since january

Will be interested to see if the u18 lads that have stepped up to the development squad will be sacrificed for the older lads returning from their loans. Our team could be shit hot but very unlucky on the younger lads that have kept up winning ways since january

I think that the guys who have gone out on loan play for U21's so the U18 players who have played regularly will keep their spot for the next games.

EDIT - Think i've just now understood what you meant now in your post. Do you mean the U18's who have stepped up to the U21 squad?

Sorry I get confused easily :goonermong:

Yeah that's what I meant. I've got a feeling we will go with the strongest possible side, so

Miles

Smith Hall Caulker Fryers

Carroll Mason

Ceballos Kane Pritchard

Obika

Vigouroux, Barthram, Bentaleb, Coulthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom