UEFA European U21 Championships 2017

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Totti

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Starts tomorrow.

16th June - 30th June.

---

Group A
Poland, Slovakia, Sweden, England

Group B
Portugal, Serbia, Spain, Macedonia

Group C
Germany, Czech Republic, Denmark, Italy

--

Some real good talent set to be on show. I mean the German and Spanish u21 national team squads are absolutely ridiculous and would probably give the England senior team a run for their money.

Some of the players to look out for:

Patrick Schick (Czech Republic)
Marcus Ingvartsen (Denmark)
Ruben Neves (Portugal)
Renato Sanches (Portugal)
Bruma (Portugal)
Inaki Williams (Spain)
Saul (Spain)
Marco Asensio (Spain)
Max Meyer (Germany)
Mahmoud Dahoud (Germany)
Davie Selke (Germany)
Nadiem Amiri (Germany)
Andrea Conti (Italy)
Domenico Berardi (Italy)
GIanluigi Donnarruma (Italy)

--

Sadly, I don't think there are any Spurs player at the tournament at all, but it's nice to see the next level up from those in the World Cup tournament we just saw. No doubt Harry Winks would have been in the squad had he been fit and Marcus Rashford really should be there, but I'm interested to see how Pickford, Gray, Hughes and Roberts do.

1200px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png

Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb

Some damn good talent in that Portugal team. I didn't even mention the likes of Cancelo, Semedo, Guedes, Jota, Fernandes.

How do you feel about your hopes? Think you can do a European Championship double and match the senior team? Definitely have the team to do so, but I haven't seen Portugal youth play football since Bruma tore up the U19s.

Imagine if England actually took their best players.

Alli, Sterling and Rashford in attack would have been nice to see

How is 'Good start to the tournaments this ' obviously about Germany?

That was before you added 'Pickford saves a penalty, worth every penny '

So it's editing made it even less obviously about Germany.

How is 'Good start to the tournaments this ' obviously about Germany?

That was before you added 'Pickford saves a penalty, worth every penny '

So it's editing made it even less obviously about Germany.

Sorry, I thought you meant who could Alli, Rashford and Sterling start as some sort of piss take.

Good start to the tournament wa sarcasm at how boring the England vs Sweden game was. Absolutely terrible. Aidy fucking Boothroyd is in charge of England so not surprised.

Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb

Some damn good talent in that Portugal team. I didn't even mention the likes of Cancelo, Semedo, Guedes, Jota, Fernandes.

How do you feel about your hopes? Think you can do a European Championship double and match the senior team? Definitely have the team to do so, but I haven't seen Portugal youth play football since Bruma tore up the U19s.
Super team. But we had two years ago too and we lost to Sweeden on the pens.

I thought Sweden were terrible but slightly Better than England undoubtedly one of the worst games I've ever seen.
Your right of course. Sleeping pill. But the expectations on the English team are very very much higher where their cheapest player are more expensive then the Swedish team together.

Your right of course. Sleeping pill. But the expectations on the English team are very very much higher where their cheapest player are more expensive then the Swedish team together.

yep true but I think Sweden are champions so I was expecting a little bit more from them and not a lot from England lol

Champions League winner Asensio gets a hattrick for Spain.

It's such a shame that England don't take their best eligible team to these tournaments like Spain and Germany tend to do. Who were the last two teams to win the World Cup by chance?

Pickford, Dier, Shaw, Stones, Barkley, Alli, Sterling and Rashford all eligible for this tournament and only one of those players is even there. Instead we get a load of players who are barely lower half of the Premier League quality.

Back
Top Bottom