UEFA European Under-21 Championship 2019, 16-30 June @ Italy & San Marino

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why do Italy have so many players from the senior team?

Because Mancini, after having failed to qualify for the 2018 World Championship, is creating a young team. In this European U21 can play born from 1996 onwards. Kean (Juventus) is a 2000, Zaniolo (Rome) is 1999, Chiesa is a 1997.

Kean and Zaniolo renounced the U20 World Cup.

Pinamonti (1999 - Inter ) è infortunato. He played the U20 World Cup and was summoned to the European U21.

abola15.jpg

Sorry to repeat myself, but Boothroyd is a fucking cunt!

Sly wanker is just throwing the players under the bus... A 'kids' manager... Pathway (of damaged psyches) to the seniors.

Classic FA though dish out a contract to a manger BEFORE the tournament rather than after.

"You'll have to drag me out of this job"

:avbfu:

I think Southgate needed to play Rice to get him to convert from Ireland - And Winks has left the U21's behind too now I think (too old ?). I don't rate Rice that much anyway, there were other options he could have taken (as well as using Gibbs White more) Ejaria, Maitland Niles, Onomah, Skipp, Tom Davies....How the fuck he ends with Dowell as the DM is anyone's fucking guess. It's like he's trying to get them playing Guardiola football, with the coaching skills of Tim Sherwood.
I think Tim Sherwood is akin to Guardiola in comparison to Boothroyd. Having a dinosaur like AB in charge of the up and coming players is obviously going to be counter productive.
To put it mildly.

20 000 Romanian fans are apparently in route/on location in Bologna for tonight's semi final. That's dedication for a U21 side.

Last edited:
20 000 Romanian fans are apparently in route/on location in Bologna for tonight's semi final. That's dedication for a U21 side.
That really is hugely impressive, the Romanian team have been excellent so far plus they have been backed by big supports in all three group games.
If the Final had been Italy and Romania I think they might have had to move the game to a bigger stadium.
I think Romania must be a very good bet to win this, playing some pretty slick football matched with a monumental work rate.

Last couple of tournaments have thrown up more than a few good games, hopefully this one will also be good.
What with the Women's World Cup, this competition, the Copa America, the African Nations and the CONCACAAF Gold Cup, there is some amount of football on over the coming weeks.

And before you know it Wolves are playing in the second qualifying round of the Europa League, 25th of July I think, 10 days later Liverpool v Man. City.
Yes I think there is more football on TV in the next few weeks than at some points in the regular season.

Back
Top Bottom