Video Assistant Referee

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

VAR can fuck the fuck off. Load of bollix in it's current incarnation.
At least tell the on field refs to check the pitch side monitors surely!?
I think that will just make the process even longer and therefore worse. Every ground with the exception of Anfield and Old Trafford have larg TV screens, just like in the Rugby the refs should be able to review on them, it would also involve those who are in the stadium too.

Assuming that it's not binned off altogether which is what should happen.

Word game between the name of the referee Rocchi and the Hard Rock Cafe '... a bit forced in reality ... There is the match Roma-Napoli both disappointed by the Var in the last round. For the referee Rocchi (an international) it will be tough!

corr2.jpg

Just how shit is VAR.

Son penalty.....Should have been given
Dele handball...........Should have been given
Son red card...............Should have been a yellow only
Sanchez 2nd yellow...............not sure.

It's bollocks because no one has the balls to say to the ref "You got it wrong"

The cunts running the show must be absolutely loving the ridiculously long VAR checks. I bet you once VAR is well established and 5+ minutes checks are the norm they will use them to show ads. Notice how they often split the screen into multiple frames during the checks? They can simply show ads on one of them and the relevant VAR stuff on the others.

That was complete garbage today. I guess 3:47 to determine that someone was maybe offside by a few millimeters and rule the goal out? Thanks for correcting that otherwise egregious error.

Meanwhile Son gets taken down in the box as he's trying to shoot and VAR doesn't call a foul. I'm not sure that VAR got anything right today.

That was complete garbage today. I guess 3:47 to determine that someone was maybe offside by a few millimeters and rule the goal out? Thanks for correcting that otherwise egregious error.

Meanwhile Son gets taken down in the box as he's trying to shoot and VAR doesn't call a foul. I'm not sure that VAR got anything right today.
Son wasted a chance. He wasn't fouled.

Let's start with penalties and retrospective cards (diving, serious foul play etc)

The offside is comedy sketch based on a technology that itself can't definitively say when the ball was played and yet micro analyses where a size 10 boot is in relation to a defenders shoulder.

And not take 4 minutes to do it. #StartWithTheBasics

I am confused why there wasn’t a check for Salah’s goal. Considering Son vs Leicester and the Sheffield Utd one yesterday. All three should have been goals imo, but if we are doing it to this degree it should be consistent.

Only way VAR will work if the actual official ref is VAR monitoring the whole game, and the guy on the pitch is simply a runner replying the decisions. Even at that I don't like the current inch pinching in offsides, arms, toes, heads, its bullshit the torso should be the point of reference and unless there is daylight between the players the advantage should be with the attacker.

I thought it was a pretty clear penalty at Anfield yesterday just before the first goal, but LiVARpool didn’t agree.
If they don’t win the League this year with the kind of luck they are having, they never will.

So you rather have shocking cheating (Henry vs Ireland) and ridiculous offside goals instead?

It is not that much black or white, is it?

Firstly, they could implement a 45 sec window. Can no clear cut result be achieved, then the match referees decision stands.

Also create more transparency about WHICH decisions are VAR'ed and when.

It is not that much black or white, is it?

Firstly, they could implement a 45 sec window. Can no clear cut result be achieved, then the match referees decision stands.

Also create more transparency about WHICH decisions are VAR'ed and when.
VAR is used wrong the PL - that’s all. Adopt the Serie A model and half the shit goes away

Back
Top Bottom