Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

493.jpg

No player I know who is the subject of an imminent transfer starts a match.

We are simply pathetic and those who peddle their drivel by justifying our stance on transfers are equally as pathetic.

A team that finished 3rd in a two horse race because we missed innumerable chances but worse lost leads which would have been easier to protect with maybe a pacy striker or other options has failed to sign a striker for 3 years which must be a Premier League record.

Something is inherently wrong not just with Levy but Pochettino as well in accepting such a nonsensical approach.

When it comes to striking talent Pochettino hasn't got a clue and neither have his scouts.

I really do not get what we are playing at.

Yeah...what a useless, no brain cunt Levy is. Took over a club that had only finished top half of the league 3 times in more than a decade and has built a club that's finished lower than 5th just 3 times in the past decade plus, built a training facility that's the envy of the country, and is building an incredible new stadium. That chap will never make it in football. #levyout

We are simply pathetic and those who peddle their drivel by justifying our stance on transfers are equally as pathetic.

A team that finished 3rd in a two horse race because we missed innumerable chances but worse lost leads which would have been easier to protect with maybe a pacy striker or other options has failed to sign a striker for 3 years which must be a Premier League record.

Something is inherently wrong not just with Levy but Pochettino as well in accepting such a nonsensical approach.

When it comes to striking talent Pochettino hasn't got a clue and neither have his scouts.

I remember Bale turning out for us against Gillingham or some other shit side in pre-season before his move to Real. Janssen still needs to build fitness and train.

I remember Bale turning out for us against Gillingham or some other shit side in pre-season before his move to Real. Janssen still needs to build fitness and train.
Not to mention that fact he's still, y'know, under contract with AZ... so if they want him to play, he should play.

Wouldn't exactly want some stroppy cunt who refuses to play, now, would we?!

:dembelefingers::avbfu:

I can't work out whether it's genius not to be able to sign a player no one else is interested in, or incompetence.

In other news: Darren Bent cost Spurs £16.5m 9 years ago.

Depends on your perspective....

Fans: "We want Batshuayi" "We want Benteke" etc.

Club: "Here's a young lad who was in the dutch lower leagues last year"

Fans: "No, we want Batshuayi"

Club: "We'll make an offer for good money" (offer gets rejected).

Meanwhile, over rated expensive belgian guy goes to Chelsea.

Fans: "Are you signing this crap Janssen guy?"

Club: "Maybe..." (club stalls some more whilst media spin goes on)

Fans: "Why haven't you signed this guy yet?"

Club: "We might do..."

Fans: "SIGN HIM ALREADY!!! HE'S REJECTED REAL MADRID FOR US!!"

Meanwhile, fans go in a frenzy and convince themselves that Janssen is, in fact, the next Messi - through no more than high expectations and impatience.

At some point we'll get the deal done, and you'll bloody love him, when a month ago most wouldn't have wanted him at all.

:levylol::levylol::levylol:

Depends on your perspective....

Fans: "We want Batshuayi" "We want Benteke" etc.

Club: "Here's a young lad who was in the dutch lower leagues last year"

Fans: "No, we want Batshuayi"

Club: "We'll make an offer for good money" (offer gets rejected).

Meanwhile, over rated expensive belgian guy goes to Chelsea.

Fans: "Are you signing this crap Janssen guy?"

Club: "Maybe..." (club stalls some more whilst media spin goes on)

Fans: "Why haven't you signed this guy yet?"

Club: "We might do..."

Fans: "SIGN HIM ALREADY!!! HE'S REJECTED REAL MADRID FOR US!!"

Meanwhile, fans go in a frenzy and convince themselves that Janssen is, in fact, the next Messi - through no more than high expectations and impatience.

At some point we'll get the deal done, and you'll bloody love him, when a month ago most wouldn't have wanted him at all.

:levylol::levylol::levylol:

Do you want him? I'm not sure Tottenham do.

Do you want him? I'm not sure Tottenham do.

They already have him....

They're just giving us the obligatory love-in time. Wanyama was like 1 or 2 seasons. If we'd never been linked to VW, we probably wouldn't have wanted him either.

If it's intentional, it's genius. Nothing builds desire like late expectation.

On the signing someone nobody else interested in thing, when Man U played Milton Keynes Dons and lost 4-0 and didn't notice Dele Alli running the game, that's the standard of scouting in the premier league

So don't worry if nobody has noticed Janssen or anyone else we buy, nobody noticed Toby at Southampton either, and bought Mangala for 40 mil instead, stupidity at its finest

Run by idiots, played by idiots, and we obsess over every bit of it!

I can't work out whether it's genius not to be able to sign a player no one else is interested in, or incompetence.

In other news: Darren Bent cost Spurs £16.5m 9 years ago.

Can it not be somewhere in between?

We've quietly made bids and enquiries for better players, which have been knocked back, either because we've been priced out or the player fancies himself set for a Barca move next week. Which leads us to a level of player, where others have made bids or enquiries, but have been knocked back because the player fancies himself set for a Spurs move next week.

You're assuming that we know all there is to know about both our own and other clubs' transfer plans. When in fact very few clubs go about screaming to the world about players, they're unable to get.

Luckily, to our amusement, the lot moving the olympic stadium are one of them :levylol:

Back
Top Bottom