Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The truth I feel and this is how a club's stance and relative success with honegrown talent can bend people's minds is that unless we spend less than 10 million pounds on a striker, at a time when 15 million pounds plus is nearly the starting rate, Levy won't pay and fans on here will wilt and cry foul at the thought.

We have reached a real sticking point in relation to strikers and seem completely stuck on how to proceed from all fronts, be that manager in knowing what type of striker he wants to chairman knowing how much he will pay.

It is holding us back. No doubt about that whatsoever.

Just to clarify what you're saying.

You're wanting us to sign a striker at whatever the cost and then probably not sign anyone else (including not having signed Wanyama)?

iframe.html

Clearly not as you talk utter bollox. Self entitled fan demanding the club aren't making quick enough or big enough signings for your liking. How many times does it have to be said we are constrained by budgets due to other factors. The board/Levy will not bankrupt the club chasing glory in the way a lot of other clubs have. They have invested millions not just in the playing/coaching staff. We have a shiny new development centre, used to develop our 'own' talents. We have a new stadium in development, costing north of £600m.

The club will obviously try and negotiate the best deals they can on players. If we cannot afford them then so be it.

Are you and John Thomas the same person?

I'm sick to death of hearing the same old story about how we need to tighten the purse strings; and how we don't have the financial clout of our competitors.
Joe Lewis, according to Forbes, has a net worth @ $8.2 billion, and is listed as the 277th richest person on earth. Moreover, increased in TV money and Champs league revenue. The reason the money is not being spent on new players is because the board see Spurs as a business project. Austerity is what they see as key to the preservation and increase in their investment.
I wouldn't be surprised if the club is sold once the stadium is completed.
With the Champs league; the successful development of young players; and for the first time in years a manager with an identity and a game plan, money should be thrown at the team to consolidate our position as league challengers for years to come.
However, this won't happen. Cheaper options will be purchased, while we watch the players we should have gone for in the first place excel at our competitors....

I'm sick to death of hearing the same old story about how we need to tighten the purse strings; and how we don't have the financial clout of our competitors.
Joe Lewis, according to Forbes, has a net worth @ $8.2 billion, and is listed as the 277th richest person on earth. Moreover, increased in TV money and Champs league revenue. The reason the money is not being spent on new players is because the board see Spurs as a business project. Austerity is what they see as key to the preservation and increase in their investment.
With the Champs league; the successful development of young players; and for the first time in years a manager with an identity and a game plan, money should be thrown at the team to consolidate our position as league challengers for years to come.
However, this won't happen. Cheaper options will be purchased, while we watch the players we should have gone for in the first place excel at our competitors....
Alel fucking ujah.

Welcome.

Yes Lewis is worth however many billion. However he does not use his money to invest in the club. He is not on Oligarch or rich oil state looking to bank roll a football team. He is part owner of ENIC a sports investment company. Tottenham are a business matter for ENIC and therefore are run as a business not as some rich play thing. Of course their development of the stadium and club is to make a massive return on their investment. They are going about it the right way in building a sustainable club and facilities, not just buying 'elite' player on elite wages who will be gone within a few years. It's been like this for years at Tottenham, why did you choose to support Spurs if you're sick of the way it's run? I imagine a lot of johnny come lately fans only started noticing us 5-6 years ago. I've supported Spurs for 35+ years and seen plenty more lows than highs. Complaining about how we are doing business now whilst we are in a really exciting time of development is an absolute joke. Go and support The Chavs or City if you want £50m+ player signings every window.

Last edited:
Clearly not as you talk utter bollox. Self entitled fan demanding the club aren't making quick enough or big enough signings for your liking. How many times does it have to be said we are constrained by budgets due to other factors. The board/Levy will not bankrupt the club chasing glory in the way a lot of other clubs have. They have invested millions not just in the playing/coaching staff. We have a shiny new development centre, used to develop our 'own' talents. We have a new stadium in development, costing north of £600m.

The club will obviously try and negotiate the best deals they can on players. If we cannot afford them then so be it.

Are you and John Thomas the same person?

Bit harsh on John mate.

Bit harsh on John mate.

Both seem to be melting about signings and the way the board conduct their business. The season hasn't even started yet. We've our best season in the premier league era and instead of us building on that we have posters moaning we haven't completed enough new deals or spending enough money.

Both seem to be melting about signings and the way the board conduct their business. The season hasn't even started yet. We've our best season in the premier league era and instead of us building on that we have posters moaning we haven't completed enough new deals or spending enough money.

We do, but I feel no hate to John. John shows some intelligence in his posts and he has rarely claimed that without solid investment our current squad will finish closer to 10th than 1st. Anyone who doesn't believe in our current squad can jump off a cliff for all I care though. We have something special going, with a ton of young players who all continue to get better, this includes the likes of Chadli, Son, Mason, N'Jie and most other players everyone on this forum continually cunts off.

Did we have to adjust the bid now that the British rouble is devaluing by the day? I guess Alkmaar aren't thrilled that they get 10 per cent fewer Euros than they expected 3 weeks ago.

Welcome.

Yes Lewis is worth however many billion. However he does not use his money to invest in the club. He is not on Oligarch or rich oil state looking to bank roll a football team. He is part owner of ENIC a sports investment company. Tottenham are a business matter for ENIC and therefore are run as a business not as some rich play thing.
Yes , he's a tight fisted bald geriatric
ugly migit tax dodge fucker who couldn't give shit fuck about the footballing side as he never watches
the team . Blimey

What matters on the timing is that Poch needs the players in to put them through a full pre season training. That is his style and if he arrives after the start of the season, he will be playing catch up on fitness and not ready for selection.

We still have two players at the Euros and another 10 or so on their holidays. A delay in this completing isn't going to be too much of an issue, fitness-wise.

Welcome.

Yes Lewis is worth however many billion. However he does not use his money to invest in the club. He is not on Oligarch or rich oil state looking to bank roll a football team. He is part owner of ENIC a sports investment company. Tottenham are a business matter for ENIC and therefore are run as a business not as some rich play thing. Of course their development of the stadium and club is to make a massive return on their investment. They are going about it the right way in building a sustainable club and facilities, not just buying 'elite' player on elite wages who will be gone within a few years. It's been like this for years at Tottenham, why did you choose to support Spurs if you're sick of the way it's run? I imagine a lot of johnny come lately fans only started noticing us 5-6 years ago. I've supported Spurs for 35+ years and seen plenty more lows than highs. Complaining about how we are doing business now whilst we are in a really exciting time of development is an absolute joke. Go and support The Chavs or City if you want £50m+ player signings every window.
Couldn't agree more, the melting on here about x amount of money we do or don't have is embarrassing shit.
We're one of a few clubs left that are progressing, living within our means, investing in our future (NWHL), not a soul-less, rich man's business with hordes sucking on the financial teat of oil or TV money.

Back
Top Bottom