Vincent Janssen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wouldn't be surprised if we've only made an opening offer then not rushed back in to sign him. It won't likely affect our season much if he signs tomorrow, or next thursday. There is no rush, and if we just keep rushing in with offer after offer they will see it as desperate. You unsettle the player, have a bid rejected, and look at other options. Doesn't mean you're not interested in him anymore, it just means that the other club starts to panic about keeping an unhappy player for the sake of an extra million.
What matters on the timing is that Poch needs the players in to put them through a full pre season training. That is his style and if he arrives after the start of the season, he will be playing catch up on fitness and not ready for selection.

No player I know who is the subject of an imminent transfer starts a match.

We are simply pathetic and those who peddle their drivel by justifying our stance on transfers are equally as pathetic.

A team that finished 3rd in a two horse race because we missed innumerable chances but worse lost leads which would have been easier to protect with maybe a pacy striker or other options has failed to sign a striker for 3 years which must be a Premier League record.

Something is inherently wrong not just with Levy but Pochettino as well in accepting such a nonsensical approach.

When it comes to striking talent Pochettino hasn't got a clue and neither have his scouts.

I really do not get what we are playing at.
Now Poch & Co are clueless, just because a striker we're after started a friendly while we're still negotiating with his club.

Do you really believe the stuff you write, or is this just a wind up job? Cause if you believe it, then you're one miserable human being. I really feel sorry for your inability to enjoy the upward trajectory this club is in.

Now Poch & Co are clueless, just because a striker we're after started a friendly while we're still negotiating with his club.

Do you really believe the stuff you write, or is this just a wind up job? Cause if you believe it, then you're one miserable human being. I really feel sorry for your inability to enjoy the upward trajectory this club is in.

No mate we are clueless and shortsighted.

Maybe you and those others who back our rather strange and constipated approach to transfer dealings cannot realise that our lack of striking options has been apparent for 2 seasons. That last season and notwithstanding the goal difference we lacked a viable alternative to Kane, which is not just goals but an outlet. A different threat. Pace.

I really struggle to comprehend how supporters of a club like ours cannot see what is blindingly obvious but when a so called quality manager can't see it as well then yes, to a degree it is clueless.

This is the definition of 'melting'.

The window has only just opened, we've signed already, and you're throwing the towel in because a bunch of kids on Twitter have made stuff up
And thinks that all of a sudden this geezer he knows very little about, as we all probably did until Holland played us at Wembley, is now the answer and we should pay whatever they want.

As for the price, there is no price they want is there? They quote that american geezer valuing him, but actually haven't said how much it is.
They said they wouldn't want to lose him for 18m euro.
So, really we are offering what we, and Janssen think is fair, whilst they haven't even said if we are close or how much more we need to pay to get him.
I remind you all of a time when everyone was congratulating Levy and Baldini for getting it done early and everyone was creaming themselves as we dominated the transfer dealings paying big money for players. Our most successful summer ever, blah, blah, blah. Well done Daniel and Franco.
We all know what happened next.
The same started cunting Levy and Baldini for wasting the money.

Maybe you and those others who back our rather strange and constipated approach to transfer dealings cannot realise that our lack of striking options has been apparent for 2 seasons. That last season and notwithstanding the goal difference we lacked a viable alternative to Kane, which is not just goals but an outlet. A different threat. Pace.

I really struggle to comprehend how supporters of a club like ours cannot see what is blindingly obvious but when a so called quality manager can't see it as well then yes, to a degree it is clueless.
How long have you been supporting tottenham mate?

Lamela -highest signing ever. £30m ( with add ons)
followed by
Soldado £26m
Bentley £17m
Paulinho £17m
Modric £16m
Bent £16m
Keane £16
Dembele £15
Defoe £14
Palacious £12
Eriksen £11.5

The truth I feel and this is how a club's stance and relative success with honegrown talent can bend people's minds is that unless we spend less than 10 million pounds on a striker, at a time when 15 million pounds plus is nearly the starting rate, Levy won't pay and fans on here will wilt and cry foul at the thought.

We have reached a real sticking point in relation to strikers and seem completely stuck on how to proceed from all fronts, be that manager in knowing what type of striker he wants to chairman knowing how much he will pay.

It is holding us back. No doubt about that whatsoever.

Last edited:
I can't post links yet, but the latest from footballinsider247 states that,

"Tottenham have had a £17million bid accepted by AZ Alkmaar for Vincent Janssen, Football Insider sources understand.

The Holland international is set to be given the green light to fly to London and finalise what will be Spurs’ second deal of the summer window.

A well-placed Tottenham source has told Football Insider that Spurs lodged their latest bid for Janssen on Monday to meet the new asking price of Dutch club AZ."

I dare say long enough to know what I am talking about and a lot more besides.

What point are you seeking to make/glean?

Clearly not as you talk utter bollox. Self entitled fan demanding the club aren't making quick enough or big enough signings for your liking. How many times does it have to be said we are constrained by budgets due to other factors. The board/Levy will not bankrupt the club chasing glory in the way a lot of other clubs have. They have invested millions not just in the playing/coaching staff. We have a shiny new development centre, used to develop our 'own' talents. We have a new stadium in development, costing north of £600m.

The club will obviously try and negotiate the best deals they can on players. If we cannot afford them then so be it.

Are you and John Thomas the same person?

I can't post links yet, but the latest from footballinsider247 states that,

"Tottenham have had a £17million bid accepted by AZ Alkmaar for Vincent Janssen, Football Insider sources understand.

The Holland international is set to be given the green light to fly to London and finalise what will be Spurs’ second deal of the summer window.

A well-placed Tottenham source has told Football Insider that Spurs lodged their latest bid for Janssen on Monday to meet the new asking price of Dutch club AZ."
Here y'go...
Tottenham transfer news: Janssen to finalise Spurs move

So you think we should sack Poch?

The market is grossly inflated at the moment, but that doesn't affect our own finances and the fact we are in the process of building a new stadium. A saving of £2 or 3 million pounds can pay that players wages for most of the season.

Should we just splash our money all over the place so that every club out there knows we are there for the taking? How has acting like loadsamoney helped out those bubble blowing mugs sign anyone of note?!

I would rather have a chairman who has a reputation of being a fierce negotiator, and one that has a proven record of getting our finances right year after year.

It just requires us to have a bit more patience.

Back
Top Bottom