We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Spurs last 6 matches: lost 5 won 1. All pressure situations.

That's the obscurity Spurs know all too well. Besides your behind Real, Barca Bayern, Juventus, PSG, Chelsea, City, Woolwich, Borussia Dortmund and Atletico for 4 CL semi final spots. Sort of on par with clubs like Lyon, Porto, Benfica and Napoli.

So chances Spurs making it into the semi's these comming years are pretty slim. Spurs were even very close to continue in the EL after the group stages, as we all know. Just as they were/are close not even making CL next year. It's a fine line.

A season like this doesn't happen all too often, certainly not for Spurs. The TV right money has given you the chance and it might happen again in the comming decade, who knows.

Is it me or are this Ajax lot really boring?

Not to mention oblivious to the fact that their squad will be raped by all the petro-clubs in the summer and they will be back to Europa League football come next January.

The one thing I can not understand why Poch doesn't take Lamela and Foyth to a corner and tell them to stop this stupidity. Sending offs cost the team matches. They speak same lingo so no misunderstanding.

How many red cards has Lamela had in his Spurs career?

TALKING of pubs... where are people watching this... ANY of you heading into N17... or you staying local??
Johann
TALKING of pubs... where are people watching this... ANY of you heading into N17... or you staying local??
Johan Cruijff AreanA...but like our squad I'm carrying an injury but it is what it is...missed 81-82 away but was at WHL for the second leg 3-0 and three great goals I remember the excitement when we got back into Europe in 91-92 and again in 99-00 and heading to Prague under BMJ
Good luck everyone wherever you are watching history awaits.

That's the obscurity Spurs know all too well. Besides your behind Real, Barca Bayern, Juventus, PSG, Chelsea, City, Woolwich, Borussia Dortmund and Atletico for 4 CL semi final spots. Sort of on par with clubs like Lyon, Porto, Benfica and Napoli.

So chances Spurs making it into the semi's these comming years are pretty slim. Spurs were even very close to continue in the EL after the group stages, as we all know. Just as they were/are close not even making CL next year. It's a fine line.

A season like this doesn't happen all too often, certainly not for Spurs. The TV right money has given you the chance and it might happen again in the comming decade, who knows.
I'd appreciate constructive input from an Ajax supporter on here, but the shit you're posting is beyond stupid. I have a feeling Ajax has superb supporters, so no hate to them.. YOU can just fuck off right back into your caravan though, dutchy.

The Telegraph seems to think that Jan and Erik will be fit for Wednesday. If that's the case I'd risk it for a biscuit and whack Lamela straight into the starting XI. We need to get at Ajax and show those clog wearing cunts who's boss.

I cannot wait for Wednesday. Hope the lads do themselves proud.

[FORMATION=4231 Lloris, Lloris, Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose, Sissoko, Dele, Moura, Eriksen, Lamela, Son][/FORMATION]

Can we please not have a falling out between Spurs and Ajax supporters in this thread? Lot of historical respect between our two teams and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I want the winner of this semi to go lift the cup - regardless of who it is.

2 days to go and we're already getting needless needle.

AggressiveFaintEgg-size_restricted.gif

No 'friendship' with Ajax at all in my book. Just another club to me I neither like or particulalrly dislike them. Been there a couple of times, first in 1981 which was a good trip. Phone has been alive this morning with WAPP pictures of pints at varying UK airports at silly o clock. Jammy bastards.

Can we please not have a falling out between Spurs and Ajax supporters in this thread? Lot of historical respect between our two teams and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I want the winner of this semi to go lift the cup - regardless of who it is.

2 days to go and we're already getting needless needle.

AggressiveFaintEgg-size_restricted.gif

You say that, but there were plenty of them being cunts when they came for the away game

Don't get too cocky mate - your good players will be elsewhere next season and you'll be back where you belong.

The one thing I can not understand why Poch doesn't take Lamela and Foyth to a corner and tell them to stop this stupidity. Sending offs cost the team matches. They speak same lingo so no misunderstanding.

I'm not sure he'd definitely discourage it, I think he still holds the club record for number of red cards at Espanyol.

No 'friendship' with Ajax at all in my book. Just another club to me I neither like or particulalrly dislike them. Been there a couple of times, first in 1981 which was a good trip. Phone has been alive this morning with WAPP pictures of pints at varying UK airports at silly o clock. Jammy bastards.
Ditto on both accounts.
I use the quite like Ajax. But they have made it clear in recent weeks any friendship was one way. The lumps of concrete were the just the icing on the cake. Don't dislike them particularly,but that's it.
And I am also getting loads of messages photos etc.. Bastards 😂

There's better teams in the Championship than Willem II. That's the edge we have over you, we play intense games many times over the course of the season, we get very few easy games, you play very few hard ones. You have teams like Excelsior in the Dutch league who are League One level. We're simply more used to pressure situations. You're favourites simply because of the players we have missing while you have a fully fit squad.

Whatever the result, we'll more than likely be back here in the near future while you'll sell all your players and disappear into obscurity for another decade.
Well, I have news for you: most of the teams in the Championship would absolutely smash Willem II.
The point I was trying to make is that even though the opposition wasn't that good, it was still the first cup final for Ajax in 5 years, even the chance for the first prize in 5 years. And Ajax being very young (and thus inexperienced), this game coming between the semis against Spurs, Willem II who are having a good second half of the season, I wondered if they were up to it. But there was absolutely no doubt about it.

And I don't think Ajax will go to European obscurity again. Of course, we won't have a season like this every year and some seasons will be bad, but I think you will see us again getting good results pretty soon. That can be reaching quarter-finals in CL of maybe winning the EL, which is good for a Dutch club. And maybe once in a while, we can have a season like this and reach for the stars.

Fine them. Anywhere between one and three month's wages. Son too.

Lack of discipline almost cost us on Saturday. The manager needs to stamp it out (literally).

A whole PL season almost disappeared in two minutes of madness. We have qualified due to the total ineptitude of United and Woolwich.

Is it me or are this Ajax lot really boring?

Not to mention oblivious to the fact that their squad will be raped by all the petro-clubs in the summer and they will be back to Europa League football come next January.

Or they might have a new generation of liquid footballers ready to step up.

Who knows? One thing is clear, god laughs at those who make football predictions

People forget how good Lamela was at the start of the season, and how instrumental he is in the press which is our best weapon against a talented, young but physically weak Ajax team.

If he is fit, put him straight in. He knows how Eriksen and dele work, links up well with them and he always gives 100%.

Moura hasn’t been that great since Huddersfield. I would say go 4-3-3 with Lamela and Sissoko either side of Wanyama. Dele and Christian closer to son slipping in cute passes for him to run on to.

Failing that, bench dele and put Moura up with son.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom