We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On our current run of form it is hard to see us picking up a result from this game. Hopefully I am proven wrong.

The Bournemouth result could have been very different had Lucas put away the 2 or 3 goal chances in the first half; so that offers some encouragement that we can create chances.

On paper, our starting 11 should beat them. We need to take our time, control the pace of the game and put away the chances when we get them. The slightest hint of panic and we will crumble. I am not convinced Ajax will be able to defend a lead without giving up chances; so this could be another high scoring fixture. I am predicting 2-2.

Lloris
Trips - Toby - Jan - Rose
Wanyama - Sissoko
Alli - Eriksen - Moura
Son
Whatever.

7KSfpaK.gif

Anyone know of any tickets at all for this one? Would even take some in the home end?
Far from fasting; big shame for them, but Sissoko is HUNGRY.

Want sonny and Lucas to run this lot ragged.

Anyone not boosted by today; check yer pulse....

2 games to glory. COYS! :tobyarm::tobyarm::tobyarm:

Be surprised if Moura starts.

Unsettle them if possible with Lllorente's physicality. Score an early goal and hopefully they panic or wilt.

If they tire or push up going for a goal it's when Moura can be better utilised. To start with they can and are likely to sit deep so Llorente's height and hold-up play give us that longer ball option.

It's 55:45 to them but 0-1 is nothing.

Then it's a very bold line-up because I feel we need Lllorente on the pitch, especially if we play 4-4-2 or 4-5-1.

I'd leave Llorente on the bench personally and play Son up top.

Lloris
Foyth Alderweireld Sanchez Rose
Wanyama Sissoko
Lucas Dele Eriksen
Son

We need to cover as much ground as we can to break up their play and Llorente hurts us on that front. Throw him on in the second half if we're chasing a goal.

I'd leave Llorente on the bench personally and play Son up top.

Lloris
Foyth Alderweireld Sanchez Rose
Wanyama Sissoko
Lucas Dele Eriksen
Son

We need to cover as much ground as we can to break up their play and Llorente hurts us on that front. Throw him on in the second half if we're chasing a goal.

I like that side but I think Trippier will start if Llorente starts.

It is a fact we have to score. Not done in 3 games by the way but we do not have to chase the game.

I like that side but I think Trippier will start if Llorente starts.

It is a fact we have to score. Not done in 3 games by the way but we do not have to chase the game.

I mean, we're running on fumes and have looked absolutely awful for most of the last month or two, even worse still in the last 3-4 games. It's just a question of throwing anybody who looks in form out there in the best tactical shape we can and throwing whatever we've got at a frankly much superior opponent.

We'll need a lot of luck to have a chance in this one, but frankly not nearly as much luck as our competitors for top four have handed us over the last couple weeks.

For me, no way I'd start the Lamppost in this one - much rather have the two dynamic little fellas buzing about. Llorente can come on later if we need a goal, need to be more direct, or defend set plays.

Back
Top Bottom