We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif

After the first leg, I was absolutely terrified for this match. Ajax being the clear favourites for the first time this Champions League season (except qualifiers and AEK Athens) AND playing the second leg at home, which seems to a disadvantage to me. Now Tottenham can create the advantage of away goals in stead of Ajax, which has been the case against Real Madrid and Juventus. Having everything to lose in stead of everything to win.

But for now, my confidence is growing. I've seen them playing the cup final yesterday with such confidence, such teamspirit and such hunger for prizes. I know it was against Willem II, which are nowhere that good as Ajax, but still. And looking back at this season, they only kept getting better and better. As for Tottenham, not so much.

1-0 might not seem that much, but it's a huge advantage to Ajax that they only have to score as much as Tottenham. Given the fact that Ajax is having it's most productional season ever (already scored 165 goals), this will not be a big problem.

Our home record this knock-out campaign may look not that good, but in both games against Real and Juventus, Ajax were the better side en should've scored much more than they did. So don't get your hopes up too much because of that.

I'm really excited for this game. I hope Vertonghen will be able to play, because he is a legend over here and I would like to see him very much again in our stadium.

The absolute fuck up by Woolwich should put most of our players minds off top 4 and instead on this game.

Their recent bottling could indirectly help us win this game

:llorishowudoin:
But why would their mind be on the the PL for the top 4 spot? That 4th place is only for you to qualify again for the Champions League, but now you have a huge chance to win the tournament being already in de semis!

But why would their mind be on the the PL for the top 4 spot? That 4th place is only for you to qualify again for the Champions League, but now you have a huge chance to win the tournament being already in de semis!
True, the winner of the Champions League automatically qualifies for the tournament next year too.

🤔🤔🤔🤔

After the first leg, I was absolutely terrified for this match. Ajax being the clear favourites for the first time this Champions League season (except qualifiers and AEK Athens) AND playing the second leg at home, which seems to a disadvantage to me. Now Tottenham can create the advantage of away goals in stead of Ajax, which has been the case against Real Madrid and Juventus. Having everything to lose in stead of everything to win.

But for now, my confidence is growing. I've seen them playing the cup final yesterday with such confidence, such teamspirit and such hunger for prizes. I know it was against Willem II, which are nowhere that good as Ajax, but still. And looking back at this season, they only kept getting better and better. As for Tottenham, not so much.

1-0 might not seem that much, but it's a huge advantage to Ajax that they only have to score as much as Tottenham. Given the fact that Ajax is having it's most productional season ever (already scored 165 goals), this will not be a big problem.

Our home record this knock-out campaign may look not that good, but in both games against Real and Juventus, Ajax were the better side en should've scored much more than they did. So don't get your hopes up too much because of that.

I'm really excited for this game. I hope Vertonghen will be able to play, because he is a legend over here and I would like to see him very much again in our stadium.
Yeah, were still going to knock you out. We do it the hard way, have done all year in the CL and will do whatever we need to do. You'll meet Son on Wednesday.

There's better teams in the Championship than Willem II. That's the edge we have over you, we play intense games many times over the course of the season, we get very few easy games, you play very few hard ones. You have teams like Excelsior in the Dutch league who are League One level. We're simply more used to pressure situations. You're favourites simply because of the players we have missing while you have a fully fit squad.

Whatever the result, we'll more than likely be back here in the near future while you'll sell all your players and disappear into obscurity for another decade.

because of how important it is for the club to qualify for champions league again. Poch has talked about it in the press. Had Woolwich won, there was the very real possibility of going to semifinalists one season, to not even being in it the next.

TALKING of pubs... where are people watching this... ANY of you heading into N17... or you staying local??
Was tempted to go to the dam for this, but couldn’t get time of work so saving my travel for the final! Prob watch from behind my sofa

The post seemed decent until said 1-0 is huge advantage. Nuts
Ajax home's record in the CL will cost them the tie.

I enjoy cunty Lamela, and would fancy our chances if we can get to the point I described.

The cunty Lamela who was lucky not to get sent off against Inter, which would have seen us knocked out in the group stages? No thanks. There's simply no room for that sort of stuff in the VAR world.

The cunty Lamela who was lucky not to get sent off against Inter, which would have seen us knocked out in the group stages? No thanks. There's simply no room for that sort of stuff in the VAR world.
The one thing I can not understand why Poch doesn't take Lamela and Foyth to a corner and tell them to stop this stupidity. Sending offs cost the team matches. They speak same lingo so no misunderstanding.

There's better teams in the Championship than Willem II. That's the edge we have over you, we play intense games many times over the course of the season, we get very few easy games, you play very few hard ones. You have teams like Excelsior in the Dutch league who are League One level. We're simply more used to pressure situations. You're favourites simply because of the players we have missing while you have a fully fit squad.

Spurs last 6 matches: lost 5 won 1. All pressure situations.

Whatever the result, we'll more than likely be back here in the near future while you'll sell all your players and disappear into obscurity for another decade.

That's the obscurity Spurs know all too well. Besides your behind Real, Barca Bayern, Juventus, PSG, Chelsea, City, Woolwich, Borussia Dortmund and Atletico for 4 CL semi final spots. Sort of on par with clubs like Lyon, Porto, Benfica and Napoli.

So chances Spurs making it into the semi's these comming years are pretty slim. Spurs were even very close to continue in the EL after the group stages, as we all know. Just as they were/are close not even making CL next year. It's a fine line.

A season like this doesn't happen all too often, certainly not for Spurs. The TV right money has given you the chance and it might happen again in the comming decade, who knows.

Back
Top Bottom