We can be heroes (again) Ajax versus Tottenham Hotspur CL Semi Final Wed 8th May

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why would we be fine? We don't need to defend, we have to attack and a lot of you don't seem te realize this yet. It's not like we won the first game..

Yeah, fuck it.

Let's just defend like that instead and make it harder for ourselves.

Good plan.

First of all it's the 0-3, Willem II already surrendered, in the first 30 min. they played pretty decent.

Secondly half your team is from the Eredivisie (incl. Dembele), two of which are defenders who played many years in NL. Just like many players in the EPL by the way.

Who from Willem II would get into a team within the top 4 of the Premier League.

Don't worry, I'm here until you fuck off Wednesday.

Stating the obvious but whoever scores the first goal on Wednesday gets a massive boost, if it's us, they could shit the pants, then I fancy us to go on and win the tie.

2 slow lumbering cart horses in central midfield?
Are you on the sauce early my son or too much hows your father ?
Sissoko is playing better by a million miles and adds the tenacious bull dog spirit of Corporal Jones.
"They dont like it up them ! "

I forgot he was fit. Obviously Sissoko haha over Dier

After Saturday, the squad must have felt as low as they have done in a long time. Thanks to the grade A bottle job United and Woolwich pulled off yesterday, our lads must have walked into training today with a feeling like the weight of the world has been lifted from their shoulders.

The Everton game would have been a fuck off huge cloud over their heads... But now they'll be going into Wednesday with 24 hours more rest than Ajax, without having to think about anything else but the task in hand. Ajax are the ones who are expected to qualify as they're 1-0 up and on their own turf. The pressure is 100% on them.

COYS.

Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino miss Liverpool's Champions League tie with Barcelona
giphy.gif

That was worse than a training match, fucking hell thats shocking.
Willem started the match at a super high tempo and almost took the lead early on. But Ajax just let them run out of steam and then went to town. Bit of like what happened against us but in reverse.

They will be so confident that this will be their downfall:
They will think they are in the final already.
Just like City and they will fall!
COYS

Stating the obvious but whoever scores the first goal on Wednesday gets a massive boost, if it's us, they could shit the pants, then I fancy us to go on and win the tie.

If we score first then it's definitely more damaging for Ajax as they'll have been ahead and are now level - whereas we need a minimum of 2 goals to win the tie...... If they score first then we still need a minimum of 2 goals to go through so our task will have remained unchanged

What I wouldn't give to score against them inside the first 10 minutes...... Then it's just a straightforward slug out with a slight advantage to us that if the aggregate scores are level (and not 1-1) - then we'd go through.

Back
Top Bottom