We can be heroes champions league final 01/06/2019

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Poch has got such a massive job in picking this starting 11
Yeah right? Klopp’s team pretty much picks itself if they’re all fit, maybe there’s a decision in midfield - I expect Henderson Fabinho Wijnaldum.

So it’s in Poch’s hands really. We’re all taking about players having the game of their lives....but this is Poch’s opportunity to play the tactical master stroke of his life.

Sneaky feeling we might not see Harry till half time, then Lamela at 70/80min. Possible Dier on for Winks who will likely be gassed by 80 as well. Thinking about this is knackering

The pool fans over on RAWK think they have the game won already, the amount of cockiness on display there is really something else.

....because I imagine not many outside the Spurs' fanbase expect them to win."
Talking about us as if we are relegation fodder, this is why nobody likes Liverpool supporters.
If you scroll down... there's a bit of confidence on OUR THREAD too!!

I just can't bear thinking about EITHER outcome tbh...
One makes me sick, the other makes me throw up!!

A tired and injury ravaged Spurs side can be easily got at.. A fully rested and fully fit squad is a different proposition and can beat anyone on our day..

That’s why Spunk stains like Jamie Spitty Carragher are crapping them selves claiming the break is in our favour.

Get the tactics right by targeting their strengths and we win this.

Why is there such a huge gap between the end of the season and the CL final?

Does Infantino need to get a holiday in to get the final refreshed? Or does this Nations League rubbish need to be fitted in?

They could have easily pulled it forward a week so allowing the lads to have an extra week off before pre-season (1 July?)

This season EPL started season one week earlier comparing to other season. Like 17/18 or 16/17. That's why

Yeah right? Klopp’s team pretty much picks itself if they’re all fit, maybe there’s a decision in midfield - I expect Henderson Fabinho Wijnaldum.

So it’s in Poch’s hands really. We’re all taking about players having the game of their lives....but this is Poch’s opportunity to play the tactical master stroke of his life.

Sneaky feeling we might not see Harry till half time, then Lamela at 70/80min. Possible Dier on for Winks who will likely be gassed by 80 as well. Thinking about this is knackering

If Kane is 'fit' he will start. Lets not think anything differently.

By far he will provide Van Dijk with the physical distraction we need to employ.

If Kane is 'fit' he will start. Lets not think anything differently.

By far he will provide Van Dijk with the physical distraction we need to employ.
I’m sure it’s been covered here already, but he definitely won’t be fully fit. You can’t be match fit after that much time off with an injury. What nobody but the training staff and him know, is whether he’s 90% and good to go, or 60% and won’t last a full game and seriously risking re-injury.

Nobody on here knows so we’re going to have to wait and see.

In terms of van Dijk.....interesting. Llorente targeted Blind but actually won a fair few contests against de Ligt who is similarly imposing as vvd.

Have gone through several scenarios and still don’t have a preference. Was even thinking about a Kane + Llorente up top scenario with Kane dropping back like he can interchanging with Alli with his runs into the box. Do we go with the strategy that almost got us a result at Anfield or does Poch go bold?

I’m sure it’s been covered here already, but he definitely won’t be fully fit. You can’t be match fit after that much time off with an injury. What nobody but the training staff and him know, is whether he’s 90% and good to go, or 60% and won’t last a full game and seriously risking re-injury.

Nobody on here knows so we’re going to have to wait and see.

In terms of van Dijk.....interesting. Llorente targeted Blind but actually won a fair few contests against de Ligt who is similarly imposing as vvd.

Have gone through several scenarios and still don’t have a preference. Was even thinking about a Kane + Llorente up top scenario with Kane dropping back like he can interchanging with Alli with his runs into the box. Do we go with the strategy that almost got us a result at Anfield or does Poch go bold?

I want Harry on the pitch for the late push and any potential penalty shoot-out. Start with a false 9 system and then bring him on for whoever is the weakest attacking link on the day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom