West Ham Knuckle Dragging Pikeys v Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 23rd November 12-30 : Live from Billy Smart’s Circus Tent.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

3 desperately needed points.

Seems clear that Winks won’t work for Mou either. Like him but he’s a domestic cup player for me.
Sissoko as pace and power off the bench to close out games is ideal unless he can somehow be used as a DM.
Dier was rough but I’d expect him to get a run of games, but Jose may be looking to upgrade there.
The hybrid back 3/4 is classic Mou and I’d expect it to continue regardless of personnel.
I think Mou should look at putting Lo Celso in the midfield next to a DM or out wide - he’s very good and needs a chance.
Ndombele is a perfect player for Mou in a double pivot and he will make us much better in transition and on the counter.
Eriksen is going to ride the bench because his only spot is the space that I think Dele will have a lock on.
Son is the ideal winger for Mou. Kane will be ideal when he stops dropping back into midfield. Some habits to break for sure.
Lucas was okay but needs to work on his defensive positioning. I expect Mou will help as this is just tactical.

Overall pretty good, need work on defensive positioning and direct, vertical passing. Encouraging.
Yippee, tactical talk that I understand, thank you

Poch leaving had a big impact and I am glad that Jose recognizes that and managing around it.

I haven't heard anyone given as much respect as Jose has when he speaks about Poch these last 5 days. Jose has aced the way he has come into this club IMO. He's acted and has said everything the right way. For the fans and the players.

Based on Jose's comments and Dele's post game interview, it is obvious that the Poch change hit the team hard. Despite him seemingly losing the dressing room and the bad run, Poch leaving had a big impact and I am glad that Jose recognizes that and managing around it. I am sure there are a few that were thrilled but you can see the effect he had on some of the players.

I hope Jose can help certain players rediscover their form, and help the bad actors quickly see their way out.
Dele has also played a couple of games already this season where he was MoTM or a contender for it.

One point that I hadn't contemplated until hearing his interview was the impact of international duty on our side, especially compared to West Ham's. I would have almost certainly have mentioned this had Poch still be with us and I think it's significant.

I am hoping that the boys come into their peak for Dec as they have every season under Poch, a bit worrying that our levels are dropping off so bad after 12 games, something to keep an eye on.

I haven't heard anyone given as much respect as Jose has when he speaks about Poch these last 5 days. Jose has aced the way he has come into this club IMO. He's acted and has said everything the right way. For the fans and the players.
Poch always gave a lot of respect to him, so Jose is returning the favor.

Well, if you had to miss part of it then that was it. It was early season Spurs. Eriksen was on to give us some grit and guile in the MF though. So that helped us see it out.

not as much grit and guilt as your boy Sissoko, continually tripping over the fucking thing and then letting their fella walk past him leading up to the third though eh?

not as much grit and guilt as your boy Sissoko, continually tripping over the fucking thing and then letting their fella walk past him leading up to the third though eh?
Hey, we gotta play to our strengths BC. As such, stay off the cuisine commentary.

True, they never had beef with each other. Poch never caved into Jose's antics and I think Jose respected that about him. Jose could have subtlety disrespected Poch by coming in and saying things like, "we're going to turn the page on the old regime," etc. But he knows how much us fans and the players loved Poch so he's doing everything he can to get a historical hostile fan base to accept him.

Rather Lamela than Lucas out wide for me. Ndombele for Winks today and it would have looked like Leicester at Southampton a few weeks back.
I thought Winks had a good game-he was working his balls off and a lot better than Dier, not sure why you want to single him out today at all.

Very welcome win. I thought we were superb. Attacking freely, Dier anchored very well and Winks controlled the midfield well.

Dele was brilliant, great to see him getting forward and finding space again. The piece of skill in Lucas’ goal was sublime. All 4 of the attackers looked dangerous.

He probably won’t get the headlines but I thought Davies was excellent.

Still, the 2 goals conceded weren’t great. In a way I’m glad José saw how weak our defence can be. He’ll sort that out for sure.

Saturday afternoon seem nice again! Roll on Tuesday.

COYS

Apparently Mou wrote the letter of recommendation to the FA/league that allowed Poch to get the Saints job.

(this is apparently a thing. A new foreign manager has to be vouched for before they can get their first job in England. Poch and Pep wrote letters of recommendation for Bielsa as well).

True, they never had beef with each other. Poch never caved into Jose's antics and I think Jose respected that about him. Jose could have subtlety disrespected Poch by coming in and saying things like, "we're going to turn the page on the old regime," etc. But he knows how much us fans and the players loved Poch so he's doing everything he can to get a historical hostile fan base to accept him.
I hope we give poch the VIP treatment in Turkey come June so he can witness us lifting the trophy!

I’m quite enjoying how salty it has made the West Ham fans, apparently VAR is corrupt and there goal should have stood and it ended 3-3 :dude:
Spurs to West Ham
tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom