Wet Spam v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 20.10.18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That was wank.
Fm4BUxY.jpg

Like I said before he game.
Aapart from Lamela and Sissoko ( funny how they both were probably the best) the whole team was on international duty. Only Lucas didn’t play any minutes.
2 of our 6 outfield subs also were on international duty and two of them just back from injury.
West Ham had astronaut, yarmalenko,Snodgrass and fabianski on duty.
who were going to be the liveliest?
This fixture is always tough when we are ‘flying’ and they are shit so why would we now, of all times, walk all over them.
We won.
To me that says much more about the team. We won despite not having Vertonghen, Aurier, Dembele, Wanyama Eriksen Rose in the team.
Played with a team recently returned and obviously jaded from pointless fixtures, which are now more competitive.
Won despite this.
Won nasty.

I say well done for grinding out a result and not conceding against a team that we usually concede to.
A fucking massive result seeing as Liverpool have Huddersfield, City had Burnley and a rested Woolwich team face Leicester on Monday night.
Whilst we go now go to PSV Wednesday for a massive CL game, followed by City, West Ham again, Wolves and the next must win CL game v PSV all in the next 14 days

Lamela is taking some pressure off Arry scoring goals this season so far, need more players to do the same!

Could argue he's carrying Son/Dele/Eriksen slack atm more than anything.

Get em fit and firing and we're fine on that front.

No suprise, but we lost a little impetus when Erik went off today.

On a similar front, loving the rebirth of Lucas; saw a terrier in him again today.

Miss Supa-Jan. :pochsulk:

Blah aside, fucking chuffed with the 3 points. Scratchy, but no less sweet. Lets go Hudds & Foxes!

COYS!!! :tobyarm:

A workman-like performance and happy with the three points, naturally. Considering the problems we've had to deal with at the beginning of the season, think we're doing well to stay in touch with the top of the table.
If people are frustrated with the level of performance, think on. Leicester and Chelsea weren't embarrassed by grinding out 1-0 wins on their way to winning the league. More important to get a winner's mentality throughout the team. Performance will follow once we get our best players back.

YES, YES, YES, Get the fuck in and suck on that you Pikey bags of shit.
It's happened again, it's happened agaaaaaain, West Ham United, it's happened again.

What a result. Got a text from my Mate who went to the game saying that they turned on their cringe bubble machine and threw claret and blue smoke bombs on to the pitch thinking they had scored, only for it to be disallowed..:dembelelol:

Su fucking perb.. Well done the boys..beautiful.

So glad we were able to get Sonny a full rest today. It's great that Lamela has been in such great form but we are going to need both of them in form

I thought we moved the ball around nicely and at good speed but in the final third we're missing a little bit of spark. That's why the league games have been hard work since in the last few seasons we'd put games to bed with a second/third/fourth goal.

The good thing is we're 3rd despite not playing close to our standard in attack and can potentially overtake City when we play them next.

We've got more gears to click into and players returning from injury and/or yet to get going this season. Maybe this solid but unspectacular start in the league will come beneficial in the coming months when we have games every three days. We're pacing ourselves.

It's happened again, it's happened agaaaaaain, West Ham United, it's happened again.

What a result. Got a text from my Mate who went to the game saying that they turned on their cringe bubble machine and threw claret and blue smoke bombs on to the pitch thinking they had scored, only for it to be disallowed..:dembelelol:

The West Ham thing is so weird. When did they turn into such a bunch of raging dildos?

United (ha) and Chelsea both dropped points at West Ham. Playing like shit and getting points is fantastic, so long as the performances improve. The team didn’t forget how to play football, everyone is still getting into it.

Those calling for Lloris' head after Barca should be crawling back under their stones.
On his own earned us three points today.
Long may he stay.
A world class keeper that's been turning it on for us since he joined.
Otherwise a pretty abject performance.
I understand the concept of winning ugly, but surely not every game! Aside from Man U (first half) and Barca (second half), we've been truly awful all season.
Let's welcome back the injured and on to PSV.

Something told me you might be a tadge happy this evening :)

Back
Top Bottom