Wet Spam v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So Dele is directly involved in the first two goals, should have had a pen and drew a lot of key fouls and he was shit? Did I miss something? What, the couple of chances late? Seriously, I'm at a loss.

I'm not sure what people are expecting out of him, but he was finding space and making deep runs today, much better than he has all season. That's what he does, and when he does it well it creates huge issues for the defense. His runs on the first two goals were excellent, and his service to Kane as well.

He hasn't been great this season but today he was more than fine, especially the first half.

You whine because I gave you a couple of "disagrees". I then gave you a summary of my opinion because you asked for it. You're still whining - and I since when is clicking the "disagree" button an attack? :pocheyes:

You just asked me why I wasn't at the game and instead on a forum as if I am just an internet fan. I then tell you I am a St holder and suddenly I am an elitist! Jesus wept, make your mind up. :pochfacepalm:

No. I think you are talking shit about Sissoko and Alli. The rest is your crybaby bullshit.
Bottom line is I thought dele had a shit game and that upset you.

Literally nothing you've just said makes any logical sense as an argument. Either you can't read or you can't follow the thread of a conversation so I'll leave it at that or we'll just be here all day.

:goonermong:

So Dele is directly involved in the first two goals, should have had a pen and drew a lot of key fouls and he was shit? Did I miss something? What, the couple of chances late? Seriously, I'm at a loss.

I'm not sure what people are expecting out of him, but he was finding space and making deep runs today, much better than he has all season. That's what he does, and when he does it well it creates huge issues for the defense. His runs on the first two goals were excellent, and his service to Kane as well.

He hasn't been great this season but today he was more than fine, especially the first half.

By his standards those two one on ones would usually result in one maybe two goals.. last few games he hasn't quite been at it...by his standards..

Off to KUMB
"
Re: West ham United v Tottenham Hotspur: Match Thread

by bowltorious on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:59 pm

Even game on the whole despite the shocking refereeing bias and drivel from the commentators and pundits. Two deflection goals and one where Kane gains a massive advantage from being yards offside in the first phase of play yet when Hernandez doesnt even go to the ball gets called offside. Hope Antonio isn't injured for long as he is vital to us. We had all the huff and puff and Spurs had that clinical edge. Need to pick up 7 points minimum in our next run of nice 4 league games. If the officials do their job properly then we get atleast a point today, regardless of who people think the better team was.

"

Referee bias.....against the team that played the last third of the game with one extra player.... :dembele:
:pocheyes:

Bottom line is I thought dele had a shit game and that upset you.

Literally nothing you've just said makes any logical sense as an argument. Either you can't read or you can't follow the thread of a conversation so I'll leave it at that or we'll just be here all day.

:goonermong:
Yeah, okay mate. If you say so. :harrylol:

That was a good test for us after going down to 10, we stood firm and did fine.

Weekend is set now, thank you, you beautiful Spurs.

How majestic is Super Jan, rampaging up the pitch? Needs a Nsfw warning tbh.

:ledleylick:

Carrol got away with doing Sanchez in the face with his hand.
Carrol also goes to ground too easily for a tough, big Geordie
Can't stand players like him who dish out the aggressive stuff to defenders leading forearms, backing in, holding etc, and then go down like a sack of shit when they get touched.

No coincidence the second goal came from our right.
That's all they are, crosses and headers.
It was what they were all about last year, with Payet supplying most of the crosses.

Really should have been 5-0 up before they scored.
If Dele would have had his shooting boots on we would have not had the dramatic ending.

They then dismantle Aurier in the analysis afterwards. Not mentioned his good stuff
Funny how they don't do that to Adams or Shawcross.
I think the knives are sharpened for Serge.
To be fair they weren't even malicious tackles. Football has gone all soft. The first booking was ridiculous.
If you make a mistimed challenge you maybe should be a bit careful about, miss the ball and hit the players leg, then Reid should have been penalised and we had a penalty. Not saying it wasn't a yellow, but Noble got away with worse.
Carrol also made a meal of it.
Simple really.

To be fair they weren't even malicious tackles. Football has gone all soft. The first booking was ridiculous.
If you make a mistimed challenge you maybe should be a bit careful about then Reid should have been penalised and we had a penalty. Not saying it wasn't a yellow, but Noble got away with worse.
Simple really.[/QUOTE]
I though the 2nd yellow was clumsy,but he did go for the ball.The pit pony played him,by knocking the ball a few feet forward.

I haven't seen the replay but didn't it hit his stomach?
It doesn't matter if it hit his arm, it was unintentional.
I have heard that since the start of the season from pundits. Until today.
He couldn't do much about that.
Not intentional
Couldn't get out the way
Was trying to avoid the ball, pulled his arm away
Like the penalty shouts v Swansea for instance.

Aurier was never a penalty and they are desperate to even talk about it.
Sanchez, maybe.
But then Carrol over did it, again, with the swallow dive.

carrol was at it all game and got more than Dele.

I was screaming when Kane getting pulled for Llorente instead of Dele. Kane is the only one who could keep the ball and let it flow.
But wow, what a cool head from Llorente. I was so scare he ruin it for us but he was good.
Still probably better to sub him in for Dele. Kane would have scored that chance.

I was screaming when Kane getting pulled for Llorente instead of Dele. Kane is the only one who could keep the ball and let it flow.
But wow, what a cool head from Llorente. I was so scare he ruin it for us but he was good.
Still probably better to sub him in for Dele. Kane would have scored that chance.
Impressed by him too. Stayed calm, won those important last tackles and seems to be a very good player on the ball too. Hope he starts in Cyprus.

He did have a poor game in terms of touches and control, hard to deny. It's incredible how the forum has turned on Dele considering how good he's been in the past two seasons. Really shambolic from our fans

Back
Top Bottom