What is going wrong??

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hello, I've just joined this forum and this is my first post.

I don't know what the problem is at Tottenham right now but if it is partly because Eriksen, Vertonghen and Alderweireld don't want to play for the club and are seeing out their contracts so they can leave in the summer on a free transfer, then this is not a situation where Pochettino is powerless.

If I was Pochettino, I would bite the bullet, drop all three of them and say to them:

'If your don't sort out your attitude, then NO ONE is going to see you playing at club level between now and when your contract expires.

You want an elite European club to come in for you when no one has seen you for over seven months??

Yeah... Good luck with that.'
Yeah, fuck em...

Ohhh, right. Gotcha.
So how long do I have to wait before I'm entitled to an opinion?

Until then, I am only allowed to write messages that express no opinion at all?
Coupla years of mid-table 1990's mediocrity is acceptable....

But good to see you bit so easily!

Joining the forum 15 minutes ago and having an opinion probably isn't the best strategy to open with!

So if I see a message I want to reply to, I should respond with:

'Thank you for posting that, I would like to add to the discussion but unfortunately I have no opinion.'

Would that be better?

So if I see a message I want to reply to, I should respond with:

'Thank you for posting that, I would like to add to the discussion but unfortunately I have no opinion.'

Would that be better?

Here's a dare for you, why don't you BangkokSpud BangkokSpud or Airfixx Airfixx and tell them what you think, basically anything you say that disagrees with their position and see what happens, I give it 20 mins before you're called a nomad cunt lol.

You're allowed one but only if it's been sanctioned by the posters who think their opinions shape this entire forum and the fanbase as a whole and that normally means saying nothing bad whatsoever or anything that might possibly offend them.

If you don't abide by that rule then I am afraid you will be labelled woolwich scum.
And he also needs to know the 3 rules:

1-Don’t get them wet.

2-Do not expose them to direct sunlight.

3-The most important of all......stay the fuck away from the Brexit thread at all costs.

They sound like a couple of nice chaps!

I can only speak for myself when I say, nope. I'm not a nice chap.... Not in the slightest.

Truth is you're being groomed; but I trust you'll work this shit out for yourself in time.

Cbs not peforming. Something isnt right, Sanchez is young and done very well for me since arriving. Hes had some poor games mainly playing rb this season and now cant get a sniff above two wantaway and not perfoming players. Will foyth ever be ready?

Rose is declining and has been but i cant blame and LB problems. Rose obviously doesnt want to be here totally but now is out main priority lb with sess injured. Davies is not good enough.

Ndombele, winks and sissoko are not creative enough for me. Will Lo Celso prove the goods? Maybe. But why are our hopes all of a sudden on him coming in and performing.
Dier looked so awful.

Alli needs gametime for me and Lucas is absolutely fucking essential right now but for some reason is being ignored.

Now is make or break, either Poch shows some balls and sorts this mess out and manages the situation, we are in for a very rough period.

I think another manager could well be the answer if it gets the players going but im so willing to back poch over anything but his performance in terms of team picks and im game management is not stopping me from considering other managers. Hes making poor mistakes for me so its not like hes doing everything right, hes not.

Very awkward divorce incoming if you ask me... Very very sad

4/5 signings required really isn't no that bad, the issue with it is our inability to find someone under £20m who can genuinely break into that starting XI as we seek obsessed with players £40m-£50m+. Can we really expect £200m-£250m spent on the quality Poch seems to fall for? It's unrealistic to expect it an drew Poch needs to get with the program or it'll be curtains.

At this point I don't think it matters how many players we buy and for which price. He still won't play them over his favourites. Some of which don't even want to be here.

At this point I don't think it matters how many players we buy and for which price. He still won't play them over his favourites. Some of which don't even want to be here.

It's a tough one but the sooner we see Foyth, Sanchez, Sessegnon and Lo Celso starting games, the better. If they genuinely have a future at Spurs Pochettino needs to give the two CBs minutes. If that doesn't happen this season it never will so why hang about? If he waits until next season and we end up buying new CBs their time is as good as up as neither will settle for backup so let's get them blooded now and know that we at least gave them a genuine crack at taking their game on another level with us.

We may lose points or places in the table but there has literally been no better time since Foyth and Sanchez signed for us to get a crack at it with so many out of form and whilst I am absolutely certain Lo Celso will get game time now he's back, the same needs to apply to Sessegnon as well with the left back spot having its issues also. If it's a transition season as Poch says then use it to genuinely give a chance to those who will potentially play a long term part in the transition.

Yes.

However it's also about having a philosophy that the players buy into and execute consistently to a high level.

You need to have a plan B but that's actually just about moving a player here or there and then subs in a timely fashion.

The key to it is always the maintenance of the quality of performance.

The mistakes are constant, we are not clinical and we never dominate. That's not about tactics. It's about a manager who has lost the art of inspiring, with too many players hearing but no longer listening.

Exactly. They don’t buy it nor do they want to. Which is why he needs to go.

Eriksen had a 50/50 in the second half that looked more in his favour, running towards the Everton player his noticeably stopped about half a metre in front. That cunt played for over 100 minutes. That’s on the manager, sorry.

Ndombele and GLC hardly 3rd rate, any how as I have said before we could have signed peak Ronaldo and Messi and it would take 2 years before they are considered fit to start for poch
I’m referring to all the previous windows where we could have strengthened properly instead we got a Njie.

On the contrary, we are in uncharted territory....

(Who else lasted anything approaching 5 years????)
It’s the club that has the 5 year cycle not the manager, we get to a level then dip, we reinvent and go again, only at a slightly higher level than before.
2001-2019 followed a 5 year pattern:
Mid table.
UFEA cup regularly followed by a dip.
CL in and out followed by a dip.
CL regularly we are now in the dip.

Every one of those periods has coincided with the club getting stronger off the field, The next stage is to win trophies, and off the field we are now as strong as we have ever been and the next manager will be backed more than any that has gone before him, and our ability to attract one of the best managers has increased too, and with him an ability to attract good players to compliment what we already have.

Gotcha...

What you've described there sounds fairly common for most teams tbh (subject to an obv. growth caveat)...

I pressume the hope/aim was for Poch to manage that 'rebuild'. However does the modern game even allow for such managerial longevity any more...?

as a group of fans I think we would have taken it on the chin... We know rebuilding is sometimes necessary and upsets things. I for one would be ok with a mid-table season if I felt we were moving in the right direction but it's the constant poor squad choices, formations and tactical nativity that is the concern...

Back
Top Bottom