What is going wrong??

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ohhh, right. Gotcha.
So how long do I have to wait before I'm entitled to an opinion?

Until then, I am only allowed to write messages that express no opinion at all?
At risk of offending the “but it’s so much better than the 90’s” fan club you really need to be careful mate.....
Start of slow, ease yourself in by maybe mentioning how you remember the 90’s and how much better things are now, maybe throw in a load of positivity too, and whatever you do please do not question Sissoko at right back ahead of, well actual right backs.
O yes, don’t forget Lucas Moura, he has to be patient and needs time to settle in before we can trust him ahead of Lamela, who is the second coming of Chris Waddle (FYI)....Then when people forget your name you can let loose without repercussions 👍🏻👍🏻

The Liverpool fans' sense of entitlement really pisses me off and Klopp irritates me too.

I don't understand why he's the darling of the media,.

70% of the time he is a larger than life happy smiling bloke. That naturally draws people towards him, it would do in all walks of life. But when he gets pissed off then watch out.

BaggyLoathsomeDeer-size_restricted.gif

70% of the time he is a larger than life happy smiling bloke. That naturally draws people towards him, it would do in all walks of life. But when he gets pissed off then watch out.

BaggyLoathsomeDeer-size_restricted.gif
He's a force of nature, which Poch is as well. The dippers have a very well oiled media machine (probably comes from their owners experiences in baseball??) and Klopp is very good at the delivery, unlike Poch.

Klopp / Pep / Poch are impact managers who, with the right funding, will achieve results. They do know that they have a shelf life because their methods are extremely difficult to produce after the honeymoon. Case in point both Klopp and Pep talked about their successors recently.

Poch didn't have that funding and over achieved but now is suffering from an stale, tired squad who just don't have the belief to go beyond 100% because they've doing it for the last 5 years

This pandering to a particular group of players regarding selection will ultimately be Poch's downfall. Unless he is stopped then it may also be what takes us down to the lower depths of the league.
We have young and eager talent available who will still be with us next season. Use them now, baptism of fire maybe...but they can't do much worse than what's happening at the moment.

Last edited:
As someone said elsewhere,the players don't look like they are enjoying it at the moment,with the exception of the Red Star game. This is a major factor in a team doing well.
I also think some players(Erikson) have had game time they shouldn't have and others(Dier) it's been limited when they should have had more. I believe with time in his DM role,we would see the player from a couple of seasons back again.

Our defence and holding midfield all got old at the same time, meaning we can no longer press up the pitch.

Having to defend deeper has the knock on effect of meaning when we do win the ball back its close to our own goal and the opposition can easily get 11 men back behind the ball.

Sort out LB, RB, LCB and DM either from our current group or signings and we'll be fine again.

Poch is clueless. That's it. He hasn't suddenly become clueless either, he always has been. I've said it for years. Somehow the team acheived despite it and he kept getting away with it. Now he is finally being found out.

as a group of fans I think we would have taken it on the chin... We know rebuilding is sometimes necessary and upsets things. I for one would be ok with a mid-table season if I felt we were moving in the right direction but it's the constant poor squad choices, formations and tactical nativity that is the concern...
tactical nativity ??? It's not Christmas yet is it ? :thumbdown: 🎅

So if I see a message I want to reply to, I should respond with:

'Thank you for posting that, I would like to add to the discussion but unfortunately I have no opinion.'

Would that be better?
Not at all... but where were you last season when we were going great...?

...don't tell me you were tentatively hovering over the 'send' button with your positive opinion....

You had the WHOLE of last season to pipe up.... yet 2 months into the season when it's going to shit... and HERE YOU ARE!

It's neither.
If I had joined when things were going well you would probably call me a fair weather fan.

Why can't you just respond with your opinion of what is currently wrong?
Cos it's ALL wrong.... it's ALL wrong...
It hasn't been right since Poch told Mike Dean to go fuck his (probably) dead Mother at Burnley.....

It hasn't been right since we opened the new stadium... which was SUPPOSED to be the answer to all our prayers....

It hasn't been right since the opening 30seconds of the Champions League Final....

...and tonight, we sell our souls to 'Murrica, and open our doors to the NFL...

NONE OF IT IS RIGHT!!!!

HAPPY NOW?

Mate
A few tips.
Have a read of the forum.
Get what it's about and the sarcastic nature of most of the threads
Read the forum toilet
Read the Tommy Robinson thread
Read the summer transfer thread
Read various match threads.
Then if you are still not suicidal or out and about where you live with your uncles shot gun killing people,come back and read the "Tottenham boys we are here" thread and the old spurs photos thread.
And then you should be alright posting.

Welcome to the forum :)

Thanks for the tips.
I'll look out for the sarcasm - (Not seen any yet)

They sound like a couple of nice chaps!

Btw, get in here quick....

Your vote is needed.

Last edited:
I can only speak for myself when I say, nope. I'm not a nice chap.... Not in the slightest.

Truth is you're being groomed; but I trust you'll work this shit out for yourself in time.

:) Group dynamics always take a bit of time to suss out. I always imagine a lot of you posters to be something like this:

But I'm going to admit I personally am a lot lot closer to this:
giphy.gif

So if I ever annoy any of you and you bite, understand that I will fold like a deckchair.

Back
Top Bottom