What was the first game you went to?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Southampton 0 Tottenham 2 (Waddle, Nayim)

25 February 1989

The weather was dreadful and remember Waddle's goal well. Ball got played through and got stuck in the mud, keeper in no mans land and he chipped it over him from about 35 yards.

The main moment of note though was me and my old man were in row 1 right next to the dugouts. At one point the ball came to us, my dad passed it to me and I chucked it back to Mitchell Thomas.

My dad had to reassure me this didn't happen every game and 30 years later its never happened again.

I was at this one.Got hit on the head with a pound coin,rich bastards down there.
We were still throwing 2 pence pieces at this time.
Think this was the night Bruno fought Tyson the first time.

Charidee shield 1981. Two all draw against the villa.

Spurs fans climbing Wembley to get in, youngsters like me down the front, large West Indian man offering anyone swigs from his whisky bottle, my old man accepted, hooked for life.

Spam v Spurs, 12/9/64 . Lost 3-2
My grandad took me as it was walking distance from where we lived.
First home game was 13/5/67 beat Sheff. Utd. 2-0, week before we beat the chavs in the cup final.

April 15th 1963 was when I lost my heart to this club (8 years old). Spurs vs Liverpool and guess the score....another 7-2 but in our favour this time :thumbup: . Jimmy Greaves scored four that day and became my idol. A few legends on the pitch then, Greaves,Mackay, White, Hunt and Yeats. Three Welshmen on the pitch too, Mel Hopkins and Cliff Jones for us and Allan Jones for the scousers.
A magical moment with the whole world (well so it seemed to me) a sea of Spurs supporters singing and cheering. Two of the greatest managers head to head, Nicholson and Shankly. Happy Days.....

Been said before but mine was Boxing Day 1962. In the snow, lines cleared on the pitch and an orange ball.
Beat Ipswich 5-0 , I thought it would be like this every week, too late though, the needle was already in the vein.
Apparently they stopped having the orange balls during the winter when The Woolwich complained their team were trying to eat them at half time. (Interesting bit of trivia for you there :thumbup:).

Wet Spam away, 8th September 1973. We won 1-0 & my boyhood hero scored, Martin Chivers. First time at the Lane was against Everton, 30th March 1974, lost 2-0 with John Connolly & Bob Latchford scoring. I thought White Hart Lane looked huge, then again, everything does when you're 8 years old ! Used to go with my older brother a couple of times a season & then with a couple of mates who lived locally to me, I started going to games more often in the Second division season onwards

Crystal Palace in the early 80's...we lost..in fact I have never seen us beat CP ever...fucking ever, I even went to the FA cup game at the lane 3 years ago and we sodding lost again..I now avoid CP like the plague..

Spurs 2 Bolton Wanderers 0
26th October 2008 - yes Arry’s first game in charge! 😁
Pavlychenko and Bent goals.
Attendance : 35,507.
Remember the clocks had changed, switched on tv to check got time right before setting off, saw on ticker tape that Ramos out, Harry in, heard more about Spurs plans on the radio driving up than had heard in the whole of the Ramos era, very happy day.

Back
Top Bottom