What was the first game you went to?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

19 April 1968: Spurs 1 v 0 West Ham (Greaves), attendance 50,970.

I was in the NW corner of the Paxton Upper with my dad and some of his (mostly Spammer) mates from work. I can still remember the goal and the bus journey there and back. I can't remember much else of anything that's happened in the last 50 years though.
Was 1969. No thought that a year later Jimmy Greaves would be playing for West Ham.

Remember the clocks had changed, switched on tv to check got time right before setting off, saw on ticker tape that Ramos out, Harry in, heard more about Spurs plans on the radio driving up than had heard in the whole of the Ramos era, very happy day.
The Ramos era still makes me shudder 😮

I live in Northern Ireland, so I only get to 2-3 games a season, but for a first ever game I got a corker, totally unforgettable night / weekend in London. Good times 👍

spurs V Sheff Wed 1969, think we won,
I was in first year of senior school and took a girl friends younger brother, god knows how we got there, I had never been to WHL before & didn't know anyone who had been there
went by train from Ockendon to Braking then Sth Tottenham station
Mine too :)

Coming from the US, I've been to three home games (2 at WHL, 1 at NWHL). We didn't even score in two of them, fooking hell! But nothing will match entering the Shelf for the first time in my life, in 2012 v Wigan. Chills down my spine.

Back
Top Bottom