When does the cavalry arrive? - Gazza, Foyth, Sanchez, Sess, Lo Celso, Japhet Tanganganganga

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What chance has Lo celso and Sess got of playing if Vorm is not considered fit enough to sit on the bench.

Sess and Lo Celso have at least been training so they'll have some fitness. I think we might see Lo Celso on the bench.
Vorm has been without a club so hasn't really been properly training, but we also don't actually know if certain if he's even registered got the squad. There is apparently a rule that allows clubs to register a new goalkeeper if they find themselves short of keepers, but I don't know if that's happened yet.
If a player isn't fit there's no point putting him on the bench as it takes up a spot that can be filled by someone who could play if needed.

Sess and Lo Celso have at least been training so they'll have some fitness. I think we might see Lo Celso on the bench.
Vorm has been without a club so hasn't really been properly training, but we also don't actually know if certain if he's even registered got the squad. There is apparently a rule that allows clubs to register a new goalkeeper if they find themselves short of keepers, but I don't know if that's happened yet.
If a player isn't fit there's no point putting him on the bench as it takes up a spot that can be filled by someone who could play if needed.
As Spursidol Spursidol (I think) said, Michel has been added to the squad on the official UEFA web site. Hugo has been removed. Which would make sense as he is definitely out of the picture until after the group stage ends.

Spurs Champs League Squad for knock out stages.

I think it's also one of the reasons we are performing so badly now, we have an aging squad and their bodies just can't keep up.
Half the players look knackered all the time and the others work hard but haven't got the pace and fitness any more.

I think it's also one of the reasons we are performing so badly now, we have an aging squad and their bodies just can't keep up.
Half the players look knackered all the time and the others work hard but haven't got the pace and fitness any more.

Then perhaps the coach should adapt to the players he has at his disposal and not use a system in which they can't perform anymore.

Probably should change the title of the thread to "Will the cavalry be allowed to arrive or will Poch keep on picking his buddies".

Maybe none of the fringe players have sent Poch a text asking him to lunch...

Back
Top Bottom