Where are you watching the final?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Exactly, Spurs support has grown so much in the past few years. I remember going to the game where we beat Real Madrid 3-1 in the Champions League in 2017 to the Atlantic though and maybe only 30 people showed up. Seems like from the videos I have seen from Wednesday they have tripled that amount who show up to watch.

That was like 2PM on a Wednesday, some of us have jobs! (that we ignore to watch streaming on our computers)

Quick found out there are some returns to UEFA

• Access to a hospitality lounge 3 hours before the match and 90 minutes after the final whistle*
  • Category 1 ticket for a seat on opposite stand
  • Short walk from the lounge to the tribune seats
  • World-class cuisine
  • Free seating in the lounge (no dedicated tables)
* no access at half-time

PER PERSON
€ 6,900 (EXCL. 21% VAT)
That all? I can treat a dozen of my friends at that price!
Bloody ridiculous.

I feel like I'm the only one who would rather watch it in a pub in Tottenham than in the stadium.
I'm definitely starting to feel like that. Just feel that we are being taken for mugs by UEFA, the airlines and hotels.
Part of me is pleased that I haven't got enough loyalty points.
There, I've said it.

im going to go to whl. even i have to watch the actual football on my phone, im gonna go to whl, have a beer, some nosebag and wank into the pocket of the bloke next to me when we win.
You got any spares, preferably next to you?

Asking for a mate.

I briefly considered going to Madrid but problem 1) I don't have a passport and 2) I can't afford it!

So yeah, just not possible...

I could drive down or get a train but my brother wouldn't be able to do it as he has family. If we'd gone we would have flown over morning of the game and come back the following day. To do it properly you need to get there on the Friday.

I'd definitely be up for watching it at The Lane with tens of thousands of fellow Yids even if I had to go on my own.
You're never on your own at The Lane. I used to go on my own a lot but would make instant friends with the people near me. You are all there for one reason - to watch Spurs win.

If you watch it in the stadium, would it just be shown on the four screens?

My point is, they’re not exactly in your eyeline from a lot of seats, and the ones that are are miles away.

Couldn’t it get uncomfortable to have to crane your neck to see the nearest screen?

Or have I got it completely wrong?

If you watch it in the stadium, would it just be shown on the four screens?

My point is, they’re not exactly in your eyeline from a lot of seats, and the ones that are are miles away.

Couldn’t it get uncomfortable to have to crane your neck to see the nearest screen?

Or have I got it completely wrong?
That's my understanding too.

BT Sport’s live broadcast of the match, kick-off 8pm, will be shown on our four giant HD screens within the stadium bowl, with additional entertainment provided throughout the evening and all food and drink outlets open.

That's my understanding too.

BT Sport’s live broadcast of the match, kick-off 8pm, will be shown on our four giant HD screens within the stadium bowl, with additional entertainment provided throughout the evening and all food and drink outlets open.

Cheers.

Might give it a miss then. Probably be better watching it in a pub to be honest, although that will probably mean rubbing shoulders with scousers.

The club need to rethink this IMO. It’s a brilliant idea & a moneyspinner for them. But why can’t they put a giant stage/ screen at the North End and open up the pitch itself? They will be doing that for concerts etc in due course.

Maybe it’s that test events are required but what better test event could there be? I was buzzing at the idea of going to the ground but like others, unless it’s a carnival atmosphere it won’t be worth it, and craning my neck & straining my eyes isn’t really part of the plan.

Atmosphere could be next level if the club get this right, but showing it on the 4 screens is too much for 90 minutes plus. Those screens are ok for replays and announcements, but to watch the game in full?:avbshit:

My man, The Atlantic is indeed doing tickets I have been informed, and will be completely rammed. As you may be aware I love everyone there and one of my best mates is going but the bar itself we do not have a good relationship, around 18% win ratio. I am cursed in there. I have not been this season in fact

To that end I will either do one of 2 things, watch somewhere in city with the team I play with, we usually do that or at home with the wife and kid

Do you want me to find out about the ticket situation at Atlantic?
Thanks, but I'm not sure that's what I'd like to do. Like you, I only went to the Atlantic once at the start of the season and literally stood in the doorway because that was as far as I could get in, and we lost.

Going to the Atlantic or the Globe sounds like a good idea in theory but I just know they will be shit shows in general. I was almost hoping that they would do something a little bigger so it wouldn't be as packed and would be just a nicer event overall.

Thanks for the offer and, yes, please stay the hell away from there.

Back
Top Bottom