Who should we buy at CB?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Choose 2 options (1 left-foot & 1 right-foot)

• Total voters
United bought a fridge for £75m
Hey.

A piece of shit fridge for £75 Mil. Something that Del Boy would try and sell you.

The way I see it, transfers are going one of two ways now.

We pay a stupid amount of money for a proven CB, though most likely not one from the Prenier League, thus adding to the problem of adapting to a new style of football. And I'd they don't work out, it's a waste of money. Sanchez is a prime example of that, as we all know.

Or

Based on the inflated values of a player, a cheap one might still cost us £30 mil.

Whatever the option, football is stupid money these days and this just goes to prove it.

Being realistic, I think Bremer is the one we could get in this window. What I've seen of him I've no doubt he's good defensively but not brilliant with the ball. Comfortable playing on right or left of back three.

I think we've seen marked improvement in D. Sanchez comfort on the ball the last 6 weeks because the team has a set way of playing and it makes his decisions for him, and wonder if you may see that in Bremer were he to play under Conte. Ultimately, though he's a good player, I think we need to be more sure of the players ability on the ball when we bring in another cb.

De Vrij I could see happening in the summer, good with the ball. Schlotterbeck I really enjoy watching and would be my vote. Pau Torres, Bastoni great but maybe a bit unrealistic.

Okay sadly, this is what Schlotterbeck said:

“I’m not someone who really aspires to play in England or Spain. I have always wanted to play in the Bundesliga, preferably with the best team," Nico Schlotterbeck said in a recent Kicker interview.

Okay sadly, this is what Schlotterbeck said:

“I’m not someone who really aspires to play in England or Spain. I have always wanted to play in the Bundesliga, preferably with the best team," Nico Schlotterbeck said in a recent Kicker interview.

aka "I want to flat-track bully the shit out of the Bundesliga....."

Pussy.

NEXT.

None of them. Whilst not saying we do not need to strengthen in that area, we need to prioritise attacking options like another player to relieve the pressure on the front 3 and an attacking playmaker. Defence replacements will have to wait until the summer.

Max Kilman anyone?

I've watched him a lot this season. He's improved compared to last. HG and left footed, tested in the PL and young.
Good on the ball and not any worse at defending than the options listed.

He has played LCB and RCB in a 3 for wolves this season. Also seen him play in a 4 too. I think he's got more potential than anything I ever saw in Rodon when he was playing at Swansea.

I don't know how much wolves would want for him. I'd imagine it would be a fair amount.

You have obviously watched him a lot (I presume) and yet you aren't concerned about his physique for a CB with him being "only" 178cm (same height as Puyo)..? Ok, Davies is 181cm, so only just 3 cm taller; and one of the best ever CB, Daniel Passarella (a fellow Argentian) was only 173cm but very good in the air (ok, he played football was a bit "different" and he never played in England).
Nah tbh I've only watched him in Champions League games for Ajax, and he looks good.

But journalists do say he is Ajax's best defender, and Ajax's Eredivisie defensive record is ridiculous

According to both Fabrizio Romano and Ali Gold, we are looking to add a LCB to our roster in January. It's also likely we'll want a second new CB in the summer too, with Rodon and Sanchez both at serious risk of being sold.

Post below if you have any other suggestions and I'll add it to the poll.

I’d rather we take the money and put it into bricks and mortar if I’m honest

Players aren’t important , property is where it’s at

A new golf course please
s reactions sew GIF

Is another swing at Kounde not worthwhile (in the summer) due to the now added Conte factor?

Romagnoli.
- Free agent in the summer.
- Italian.
- left footed.
Romagnoli was incredible the season Milan had Bonucci and the one after, but his form fell off the cliff afterwards. He would make Ben Davies look like Costacurta...

Back
Top Bottom