Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It may be specifically "conceding first choice in loan back," which certainly could be possible. If it's at all true, I take that deal all day every day. But I can't imagine Defoe being willing to playing Championship ball if he has any hopes remaining for the WC squad.
That makes sense. Not sure why I didn't think of that. :paulinhofacepalm:

This sounds like bs... Why can't they simply recall remy themselves and thus get the better player? Also haven't the quoted remy at around 15 million? Were not paying that for a benchwarmer. Would love to have him but this transfer dosnt add up...

Could be as simple as Remy refusing to play for them while in the Championship, or even have such a clause in his contract since he was purchased at a point last season where the situation was looking very dire.

Also, Remy wouldn't be a benchwarmer for us based on his current form. I'd be quite pissed if that fella isn't marched right into the first team.

Could be as simple as Remy refusing to play for them while in the Championship, or even have such a clause in his contract since he was purchased at a point last season where the situation was looking very dire.

Also, Remy wouldn't be a benchwarmer for us based on his current form. I'd be quite pissed if that fella isn't marched right into the first team.

I still can't see it happening.. Why would he leave a starting spot at a well placed toon to come to us and fight for a spot? I think the press have just invented a story because of the defoe rednapp connection..

I still can't see it happening.. Why would he leave a starting spot at a well placed toon to come to us and fight for a spot? I think the press have just invented a story because of the defoe rednapp connection..

No doubt it's most likely media-concocted, but I think it's because it would actually carry weight. And you're right, with the way Newcastle are currently playing along with how many French-speaking players they have, that would seem to be his optimal choice at the moment. However, if they continue their immediately recent form and bigger clubs poach a few of their best players (Cabaye namely), he may look to consider his options. I strongly feel we should've beaten QPR to his signature last winter, and would love for us to be interested again. I hope that the only rationale for not was because of his pending rape nonsense at the time.

No doubt it's most likely media-concocted, but I think it's because it would actually carry weight. And you're right, with the way Newcastle are currently playing along with how many French-speaking players they have, that would seem to be his optimal choice at the moment. However, if they continue their immediately recent form and bigger clubs poach a few of their best players (Cabaye namely), he may look to consider his options. I strongly feel we should've beaten QPR to his signature last winter, and would love for us to be interested again. I hope that the only rationale for not was because of his pending rape nonsense at the time.

It does seem abit strange that we didn't end up trying to sign him given we were heavily linked and he ended up going for relatively cheap..one that slipped through the fingers I guess

It does seem abit strange that we didn't end up trying to sign him given we were heavily linked and he ended up going for relatively cheap..one that slipped through the fingers I guess

Without doubt. Honestly, the only reason I stopped pressing for him was once I saw we were being linked with Soldado. Can't argue with going after one of the top scorers in La Liga. Unreal our curse, it would seem, with the inconsistency of strikers.

I would hope and like to think that we got some back up a bit up a bit better than Harry Kane if we are trying to get in the top 4 and win the Europa cup that is a fair few games to play.Because every time we get a player out they seem to miss 6 or 7 games and a injury to one of the front two we have at the moment would scare me a bit

Ben is the fucker who used to sit in a tree outside the Lodge to try to get ITK. Why would anyone actually believe that Holtby is leaving when no one else is saying it.

ITK can be a laugh but haven't we learned by now it is almost never true? Some of you lot need to not take every tidbit so seriously.

Maybe just me, but Paulinho has showed one game that is the quality of Real. Whatever the reasons why, beside that one game he has been average in our team. I dont love the guy, I find myself getting frusterated by the type of player he is off the ball. I wouldn't be too upset if we sold him for a big profit. I would be much, much more upset if we sold him to Real.
He has real talent and potential whether you've seen it or not, if Real want him so badly its for good reasons.

Ben is the fucker who used to sit in a tree outside the Lodge to try to get ITK. Why would anyone actually believe that Holtby is leaving when no one else is saying it.

ITK can be a laugh but haven't we learned by now it is almost never true? Some of you lot need to not take every tidbit so seriously.

No kiddin. The level of freak-out by the Spurs community re:Lamela is rather amusing. The chances of me spontaneously combusting before I finish this post are higher than us selling him this winter.

He has real talent and potential whether you've seen it or not, if Real want him so badly its for good reasons.

He won the bronze medal at the Confederations cup. He was very good in that tournament. He started out very well this season. He had one excellent performance. He has shown he is a good player that can be great, but hasn't been consistent with his performances. He has the potential, but out of all the midfielders Real could choose, they want Paulinho? Personally I dont think its true.

Remy is on a season long loan at the Toon which means there is no recall clause. I would be amazingly shocked if this were to happen.

"Season long" doesn't necessarily suggest there is no recall, unless you know something I don't. And they may mean in reference to the summer, especially if QPR don't make the jump up. Regardless, Remy will no doubt be looking at higher options.

Back
Top Bottom