Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nor should he. I want that rabid bull dog chasing dat ball down and slippin it in deep to Ade. :ledleylick:

Which would be lovely, but it runs the risk of exposing the backline in the current setup. Holtby would work well with a highly efficient CDM however, such as Sandro. However, Sandro has not been fit during Sherwood's reign so he hasn't had the chance to experiment with it. Just with another CAM.

Which would be lovely, but it runs the risk of exposing the backline in the current setup. Holtby would work well with a highly efficient CDM however, such as Sandro. However, Sandro has not been fit during Sherwood's reign so he hasn't had the chance to experiment with it. Just with another CAM.

It would require a deviation from the 4-4-2. I dont even know where to find wide central mid's in FM...must a be dinosaur tactic.

It would require a deviation from the 4-4-2. I dont even know where to find wide central mid's in FM...must a be dinosaur tactic.

Personally, I think we should go back. Soldado is a useful player, but he's still not scoring. We also are far too deep and talented at central midfield not to play into that strength, while being rather thin at striker. I think the players will play with more freedom and expression regardless of the formation now that AVB's focus on opposing tactics is now gone, so it wouldn't be a detriment to attack.

seeing the bollocks in the papers for tomorrow morning sherwood wants to loan holtby back to a german club.QPR after defoe on loan before the M L S move.And Capoue is a big target for Napoli with a bid to be very soon.Looks Triffic :ossie:

How I would LOVE the conversation between Levy and Perez to go in the summer

Perez: "We want Paulinho in the Summer Daniel, We will loan you 2 players to help your team if you give us first refusal in the summer"
Levy: " you know what, Flo old chap? You have a deal. Send the 2 over"

6 months later

Perez: " So Daniel, about Paulinho, glad the 2 loanees worked out for you, the did a great job, how much shall we pay you for Pauli?"

Levy: " Flo? You can have him for 50 million go fuck yourselves, with a sell on clause of your mum and a kiss my rich arse every month for 6 months, How is that deal for you?"

Perez: " Oh, you changed your mind then?"

Levy: " Yes"

Levy : "Oh and those two players we loaned, well I kneecapped them for good measure"

Maybe just me, but Paulinho has showed one game that is the quality of Real. Whatever the reasons why, beside that one game he has been average in our team. I dont love the guy, I find myself getting frusterated by the type of player he is off the ball. I wouldn't be too upset if we sold him for a big profit. I would be much, much more upset if we sold him to Real.

Maybe just me, but Paulinho has showed one game that is the quality of Real. Whatever the reasons why, beside that one game he has been average in our team. I dont love the guy, I find myself getting frusterated by the type of player he is off the ball. I wouldn't be too upset if we sold him for a big profit. I would be much, much more upset if we sold him to Real.

As long as he's out of the Prem, I don't particularly care where he goes. It's become popular to hate on Madrid around here, and I don't think it's unfounded, but regardless of what they think I'll take a pipeline for our players that want to leave anyway out of the league all day. But I agree that it wouldn't be the end of the world. Decent player, but his wanks in the box are fucking shameful for any player even in your average Sunday pickup game.

Is that even possible?

It may be specifically "conceding first choice in loan back," which certainly could be possible. If it's at all true, I take that deal all day every day. But I can't imagine Defoe being willing to playing Championship ball if he has any hopes remaining for the WC squad.

I'd take Remy in a Heartbeat

Have been rooting against Newcastle (except for certain games) with the hopes that he'll push for a move to a bigger club in the summer, even if QPR are promoted. Fella's quality, and fits into our need for a self-creating striker rather mightily. Frankly, I'd even let them keep Carroll for the rest of the season in exchange for first option. Kills two birds with one stone IMO.

Back
Top Bottom