Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dawson's a better header than Vlad and probably Vert, but the man has invariably got a fuck up in him every match. Sometimes more than one.

I love him for his time at the club and his passion, but the sooner he is in a blazer in the suites the better

mata? not sure where your going with this...

He is off to United - obviously before i get crucified he isnt physically there, it is just the telegraph tonight reporting that 37 has been accepted and he is preparing for move

I then was assuming if this the case, we are going to need something extra special to keep the 4th place - someone like Ledley as opposed to the guys providing the nights arguing entertainment

He is off to United - obviously before i get crucified he isnt physically there, it is just the telegraph tonight reporting that 37 has been accepted and he is preparing for move

I then was assuming if this the case, we are going to need something extra special to keep the 4th place - someone like Ledley as opposed to the guys providing the nights arguing entertainment

sorry didnt realise...

chelsea are fucking stupid to have sold him...regardless of price

sorry didnt realise...

Yeah I mean I never buy the argument he does not do any defensive work, not as if Willian or any of the other pricks are Makalele for him is it?? He must just hate him because he is AVB's biy, there are numerous interviews with Mata saying how much he liked Andre

Yeah I mean I never buy the argument he does not do any defensive work, not as if Willian or any of the other pricks are Makalele for him is it?? He must just hate him because he is AVB's biy, there are numerous interviews with Mata saying how much he liked Andre

a bloke with 20 plus goals and 19 assists in all comps last season is someone you dont sell to your direct rivals regardless of price..its not exactly like that criminal abramovich needs the $$$..i like mata but he clearly favors willian and oscar..utd with mata in the middle or on the lett is a force to be recon'd with

rooney rvp
mata januzaj
felliani carrick
evra jones smalling rafael
de gea

not a bad team...

sorry didnt realise...

Financial fair play and all that, getting £37m in for a player who Mourinho doesn't use will help balance the books quite nicely. You would have thought they'd sell to Atletico and try to get Diego Costa though, or at least not sell to a rival. Though as Mourinho said: man u are 14 points off the top and it is fairly safe to say, out of the title race.

This is where I'd love to see a Willian-esque type steal, where Levy makes a call and has Mata snapped up right after completing his medical at United :levylol:

Last edited:
Where's Mata going to fit in that team?
He plays in the positions they are seemingly already strongest in, left midfield where Adnan 'the Messiah' Jaunazai plays or in the number 10 role where Rooney lives. Seeing how RVP has turned back into the injury riddled pathetic shambles of a twat that he always should of been I suppose Rooney might go back up top.
Not questioning Mata's ability, he's up there with Ozil and Silva on his day (against us anyway:avbnaa:)

Where's Mata going to fit in that team?
He plays in the positions they are seemingly already strongest in, left midfield where Adnan 'the Messiah' Jaunazai plays or in the number 10 role where Rooney lives. Seeing how RVP has turned back into the injury riddled pathetic shambles of a twat that he always should of been I suppose Rooney might go back up top.
Not questioning Mata's ability, he's up there with Ozil and Silva on his day (against us anyway:avbnaa:)

im assuming 4-2-2-2..

januzaj is left footed so should be able to play on the right...

mata on the left...

rooney and rvp up top..felliani and carrick in midfield

im assuming 4-2-2-2..

januzaj is left footed so should be able to play on the right...

mata on the left...

rooney and rvp up top..felliani and carrick in midfield
Yeah suppose Juanazai did give Rose a bit of a torrid time at Old Trafford.
They need a runner in the holding bit other than Fellaini, he's a cracking player when played to his strengths but I have never been impressed with him when he's played in cm, always thought he was dangerous in the number 10 role but not on the level that United need. Fucking hate Chelsea anyway, suppose Abramovich needed another Ivory encrusted back scratcher:avbfu:

You couldn't blame Jose for being reminded of AVB though could you? :avblol:

Juan-Mata-005.jpg

Made-up joke time.... "United knocked out of the Cup? No Mata"

No?... *gets coat*:avbmad:

Yeah suppose Juanazai did give Rose a bit of a torrid time at Old Trafford.
They need a runner in the holding bit other than Fellaini, he's a cracking player when played to his strengths but I have never been impressed with him when he's played in cm, always thought he was dangerous in the number 10 role but not on the level that United need. Fucking hate Chelsea anyway, suppose Abramovich needed another Ivory encrusted back scratcher:avbfu:

they do really need a midfield enforcer...if they get one, they can always play 4-2-3-1 with a front 4 of rvp, rooney, mata and januzaj...
carrick and the new CDM in midfield, they have a few odd ends who are hard to include..felliani one of them.. as you said his not that great in CDM or CM but his not going to be better than rooney, mata or kagawa in the number 10 role is he..

Back
Top Bottom