Wolves v Tottenham Hotspur (15/12/19) (2pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes beaten by a superior team
And I’m the cunt
Another deluded bell end

Then this Wolves fan came on the forum...
EL1wCbOXsAI_H-u

Great win today in awful conditions, the boys did well against a “plucky” Wolves. More lucky than pragmatic but Wolves were at the races and most teams in the league would have crumbled.

Seeing Verts at full back again is great, he’s always had more attacking play to offer and is wasted at CB imo. We’ve now got the teams above looking over their shoulder. So far so good for the managing one, starting to get the feeling there is more to come.....

Yes a privilege to play a top team like yourselves even though you’ve won fuck all
Above our station Well I’m happy with my sides display today and we’re getting better all the time
Unfortunately your new defensive manager is going to put you through a lot more days like today and yes you may Nik the odd three points but it’s not going to be enjoyable
giphy.gif

Would you drop one of the front four (Lucas for me) or just have them drop back (Alli?). I know you’re a big fan of Skipp, but dropping Dier or Sissoko for a more creative player once Skipp is in (GLC / N’Dombele) then causes it’s own problems with the transition from defence to attack (well, when attacks break down).

I think - if this was a way forward - that we’re both blessed and cursed with a talented front line! They’re all capable of a big impact - but I agree entirely that the MF has been sadly lacking since Dembele left, and the FBs haven’t been as progressive.

it does look as though Jose is making-do with this current formation though. Not sure mid-season (when you’re winning, by hook or by crook) is the time to deviate from a sort-of-successful template?

I guess there are a couple of ways we could skin this particular rabbit, various combinations and compromises. Skipp with Ndombele one side and Lo Celso the other would seem like a really nice combination of tenacity and football skill sets. Or even Dier, god forbid, would have his limitations less stretched to breaking point if he was just playing as the defensive hub of a CM3. But you could put Winks in one of the three slots if one of those isn't available - either way, the CM3 system compensates for what we are lacking and gives us better protection in the defensive transitions.

Think they had their best gate if the season today.

Can't blame them I suppose turning out to watch the mighty Tottenham. Star struck.

Had a quick perusal of their forum, fucking hell they have a high opinion of themselves. I thought I was on RAWK or Blue moon for a minute or two.

I couldn't watch the game today, but based on the highlights and what I read here, I understand it wasn't one of our best performances. Quite possibly the most important 3 points so far though. The win is all that matters.

We put 5 past Burnley a week ago and it's not realistic to expect that we can get results like that every single week. We're still work in progress and a few players shy of being a really good team. I'm delighted that we have the possibility to get into the top 4 next week.

Back
Top Bottom