Women’s football: World Cup.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In my opinion that third Australia goal was offside. But I love a comeback so I wasn't complaining.

If I supported Brazil I'd be absolutely fucking fuming, though.
Yes, it's debatable whether she was interfering with play or not. I agree with the ref that she wasn't, but others will be equally sure that she was.

Ahaha, oh man, I've gotta look this up...

Fucking hell. Get back to me when there's a 13-0 win in THE WORLD CUP in the men's game, Abby.

No offence meant to our American users, but holy shit I would never stop laughing if the USWNT got tanked by someone in the knockout rounds.

As an American that wants to see us win the gold, I'm going to laugh if we do get trounced. A bit of a lesson in humility is needed I think.

Was debatable but i thought Brazils penalty was soft as fuck as well.
Brazil never showed up for the 2nd half, only themselves to blame.
Taking their talis(wo)man off at half-time seemed to completely destroy their attitude. Australia were really on the ropes in that first half and after thinking they'd win prior to kick off I couldn't see how they'd get back in to it. Just poor tactics to completely throw away a game you're dominating like that. Would be funny if it costs them getting out of the group now.

Most people like to see the favorites lose

No. It’s not about them being favourite in the competition. They probably are the fittest and most talented side in the competition but the way they behaved in the destruction of their opponents the other day was shocking.

It was the equivalent of a top four premier league side at full strength playing a side from our league 2 but the celebrations were not.

France were favourites pre-tournament.

Was that just because they're hosts? Or are they actually good?

I always assumed USA were the best and I remember Germany being good in the past.

France were favourites pre-tournament.

Was that just because they're hosts? Or are they actually good?

I always assumed USA were the best and I remember Germany being good in the past.
Probably because of a home tournament.
USA are fifa ranked world number 1 plus their the holders.
Germany 2nd, England 3rd and France 4th.

No. It’s not about them being favourite in the competition. They probably are the fittest and most talented side in the competition but the way they behaved in the destruction of their opponents the other day was shocking.

It was the equivalent of a top four premier league side at full strength playing a side from our league 2 but the celebrations were not.
I don’t disagree

Back
Top Bottom