Woolwich Scum away Sunday 14 March 4.30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mourinho out, fuck this cunt. Proof at the end that if we actually played attacking football instead of approaching the game like cowards we would have won.
The Sissoko for Bale substitution just summed him up.

He can spout facts and figures about how his tactics are unfairly criticised etc etc. But when push really comes to shove, with 30 minutes left in a NLD at 1-1, he makes a cowardly decision that reinforces our reactive style of play in the hopes of nicking a goal and winning 2-1 rather than actually going for an absolutely pants Woolwich team.

Horrendous tactics. Cowardly mindset. Get him out.

Our squad just doesn't have enough top notch players, we've always known it, but Levy isn't going on a spending spree any time soon. Something has to give, why either Jose or Levy thought any of this was a good idea is beyond me.

...we made it interesting at the end, but overall it was an absolutely wretched display - 2nd to every ball all over the pitch and no basic ability to receive the ball to feet and execute a simple pass...
COYS

I do think midfield was a massive issue today, we had zero creativity. Hojbjerg had an off day, Bale wasn't interested, Sonny came off injured and Ndombele was anonymous (again).

Lucas at least tried to make things happen and Lamela to a lesser extent. No player really forcing the play with forward passing at all today. Harry hardly got a sniff as a result.

Hardly even got many decent crosses in.

All on the ref, can't believe anyone can claim otherwise.
And most of the players

Bale has been around long enough to see that Doherty was getting skinned every time but he didn’t make one effort that I could see to help cover him and he should know after what he did to Maicon

He can spout facts and figures about how his tactics are unfairly criticised etc etc. But when push really comes to shove, with 30 minutes left in a NLD at 1-1, he makes a cowardly decision that reinforces our reactive style of play in the hopes of nicking a goal and winning 2-1 rather than actually going for an absolutely pants Woolwich team.

Bale was horrible today mate

There goes the neighbourhood - just when you think we have a chance this club reminds you of what it's made of.

Where do you fucking start?

5 wins on the bounce and we came and just conceded the initiative from the 1st minute - we were literally walking as they passed through us. Midfield was fucking invisible, hard to believe we had 3 players there.

Thought we'd left that negative shit behind us. Furious with that in a NLD no less.

Oh yes, and Doherty is an absolutely awful footballer.

that's too simplistic, I don't doubt his involvement in the approach. But he didn't instruct the 11 players to lose every single 50/50 and pass the ball straight to a red shirt while jogging around looking disinterested for 70 mins.

You can't pin it all on him.
When the team is so disjointed no wonder we lose most second balls and all that.

I'm saying even if you criticize the plan you need to also criticize the effort of our players. They didn't seem up for it until Lamela went off.

The players executed the plan he wanted, low block passive football with the intention of them making a mistake and us hitting them on the counter.

The problem with this plan is that the players were clearly told not to press, hence why it looked like we lacked effort, that was simply the gameplan being executed, we haven't struggled to show effort the last 3 games, why would we now suddenly?

It's on the manager, once we went down to ten men and the gameplan went out of the window and the players played with freedom in attack we were dominating them and showing them up for the shit team they are.

Can’t wait to hear what Mourinho says-guaranteed it will be everyone else’s fault and nothing to do with him.
He set the tactics and it was obvious from minute one that it was going to be another Jose shit show.Please leave and take your negative dinosaur low block tactics with you.

Bale 100% deserved to come off that pitch today.

Somebody please just explain what I've just seen there because I just don't get it.

He starts Kane, Bale, Son and Moura so you think - great we will get at these and then he has us sitting 11 men behind the ball again.

Then when we go behind Lamela goes from the sublime to the idiotic with his sending off and to make it even more ridiculous we start to have a go for the last 20 mins with 10 men, and make them look like the shit team that they are and should have gotten an equaliser. Which would have been undeserved given the 90 but that's how piss poor that lot are at the back.

How do you even begin to analyse that?

I'm just laughing right now, absolutely fucking ludicrous.

I said to my brother before the game if we turn up on it we win, we have better players, its that simple.

And it took us 70 minutes and going down to 10 to turn up.

so Spursy
100 %, except the spursy thing.
It's a Jose thing.

We win the last 5 games playing attacking football, fair enough against lesser teams but we looked dangerous.
Come up against this lot and Jose shits himself and we go back to the cowardly shit.
Why he does this so often is beyond me, it didn't work against lower teams, so why would it work against better teams.

Back
Top Bottom