Woolwich Scum away Sunday 14 March 4.30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very Poor performance, only tried to attack with 10 men and showed how poor they are during this period. If Kane times his run at the offside goal we at least get a draw, but the first 70 minutes were terrible, again we try the low block when we are terrible at defending and we do not utilise our attack which should be our strength, both goals were gifts yet again and questions have got to be asked after this shit show

To be fair - Woolwich win with a pen from a fluffed shot and a fluke deflection off Toby.
They were maybe lucky to win on a marginal pen, but they created a lot more than us. At worst they deserved a draw.

I think we were slightly unfortunate to lose. We should have been able to do more to prevent that from happening though. I think ultimately Jose's tactics and subs cost us the game.

The Sissoko for Bale substitution just summed him up.

He can spout facts and figures about how his tactics are unfairly criticised etc etc. But when push really comes to shove, with 30 minutes left in a NLD at 1-1, he makes a cowardly decision that reinforces our reactive style of play in the hopes of nicking a goal and winning 2-1 rather than actually going for an absolutely pants Woolwich team.

Horrendous tactics. Cowardly mindset. Get him out.
Bale was trash. Sissoko ran around a bit .

They’ve been told to sit off it’s been obvious from the kickoff.
I saw that straight away. Why was Moura not charging around like he normally does? He only came to life last 10 minutes. The tactics from the start basically were Maureen from Dec on wards just sit back be passive and may be get a goal on the break. What is the point having this “ best strike force in Europe” and then basically starve them of the ball?

He can spout facts and figures about how his tactics are unfairly criticised etc etc. But when push really comes to shove, with 30 minutes left in a NLD at 1-1, he makes a cowardly decision that reinforces our reactive style of play in the hopes of nicking a goal and winning 2-1 rather than actually going for an absolutely pants Woolwich team.

I agree mate, that sub was utterly fucking abysmal, Docherty should have been off, Aurier should have been on and the players should have been pushed forward and told to press.

Just shows his negative cowardly mindset in that one sub.

He made that change because of Doherty.

The one bollock-stupid decision that created a watefall of misery, today.

And most of the players

Bale has been around long enough to see that Doherty was getting skinned every time but he didn’t make one effort that I could see to help cover him and he should know after what he did to Maicon
Not defending the performance at all but it's 1-1 going into the last 20 without Oliver's shit show

Jose can fuck off don't know if anyone else saw that

But when Hojberg was telling everyone to get up he was saying no on the sideline and shook his head when they did it

Look how shit these cunts are we should have been at there throats all game.

All in just disgusting the players didn't even try until the last 10. But at the same time the performed improved when they sacked off the shit tactics

Jose shouldn't be here next season Europa league win or not we can't take another year of this and the players don't look happy either

Legit a disgusting display today

Leaving Sissoko out of it as it would have been a separate argument but did you really think Bale deserved to stay on?

Somebody please just explain what I've just seen there because I just don't get it.

He starts Kane, Bale, Son and Moura so you think - great we will get at these and then he has us sitting 11 men behind the ball again.

Then when we go behind Lamela goes from the sublime to the idiotic with his sending off and to make it even more ridiculous we start to have a go for the last 20 mins with 10 men, and make them look like the shit team that they are and should have gotten an equaliser. Which would have been undeserved given the 90 but that's how piss poor that lot are at the back.

How do you even begin to analyse that?

I'm just laughing right now, absolutely fucking ludicrous.

I said to my brother before the game if we turn up on it we win, we have better players, its that simple.

And it took us 70 minutes and going down to 10 to turn up.

so Spursy
Lamela should always be hooked immediately after his first yellow- he's too much of a risk for a second. It was poor management from Jose to leave him on like that.

It's so, so obvious that Mourinho picked this team because they've performed well recently and then gave them a plan which absolutely minimized their strength and maximized their weaknesses.

People are blaming the players because how can any manager be this stupid, but here we are.

Back
Top Bottom