Woolwich Scum away Sunday 14 March 4.30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lacazette kicked Sanchez have a look, the poor play was from Lloris sloppy distribution
He does it so often and his the captain. He kicks right in the middle in our own half. What was hoping for with that kick especially when they were constantly pressing us high up. Get past the half way lie at least and beat the press but no he kicks into congested midfield area in our own half. How comes Lloris gets off Scot free and has no accountability. As a captain he is useless. Him and Kane should have prbly had a word with lamela after his first yellow to just say calm down.

Too much pointing. Nobody wants the ball. Opposition teams notice this and it comes back to hurt us. I know Robbie Keane was a pointer, but he was pointing to where he wanted the ball to be played to him.

This lot? They love it when the ball is 40 yards away.

A very bizarre penalty in my opinion. Did Lacazette deliberately slice the ball away, and make sure there was contact from Sanchez? Would've been interesting to see what would've happened if Sanchez had managed to check his run just after the slice. I think Lacazette would've gone down, anticipating contact. I think Sanchez was made to look rash, and clumsy. Two very poor goals to concede, but they put a lot of pressure on us, when we barely troubled them for long spells.
Clever play then? If he was deliberate then I grudgingly admire his nous

I think football died when free kicks and penalties were "won". The EPL, and other elite leagues around the world are being coached to use fraudulent, and devious methods to gain an advantage, and unfortunately, any ex-pro pundit will say that "It's just part of the game now". Officials are complicit too, as they don't stand up to the blatant cheating. I can see why you're fed up with football, but despite all of that, I still couldn't bin my season ticket, which is like a marriage contract to me.
Have faith, and hopefully a new era of football will emerge.
Nice sentiments mate, but football has always been the most cynical of games. It’s always been rotten to the core.

We have lacked heart and desire for most of the last 35 years.
1 league win at Chelsea and 1 league win at Woolwich in around 60 games says everything you need to know about the bottle our club has.
Whatever the team and whatever the manager the same end result GUTLESS.

I make you right mate.

We just have the wrong collective mindset.

No doubt about that whatsoever.

I would go so far as to say we need a different type of player completely in our next round of recruitment.

That or a captain who actually can do the job of leading.

Last edited:
The complete lack of intensity and mentality we have seen over the years in big games in staggering. Big game big opportunity whether that's a cup semi, CL final, to close gap on top 4 the lack of mentality is staggering. I cant remember one must win game we have won in years

Eh?

What about all the must win games that got into CL four seasons running, got us to two finals, numerous semi finals?

Pochettino made a dogs dinner of his last 2 and a bit years, but let’s not rewrite ourselves out of history completely. I don’t think we lacked mentality under Poch, just a bit of intelligence - from him and the players he picked. It was mentality that got us to a CL final, not the quality of football we played, because for the most part we were gash that year as a football team.

What we lack now is everything, fucking direction, coaching, tactical nous and mentality.

The players look like they don’t see each other all week until match days.

You can highlight a Doherty mistake for the cross and a deflection for the goal and a soft pen which today will be given. But this is totally down to Jose. 2 or 3 shots on target in the whole match and one of those was a free kick and the follow up shot. That's all after a red card and 2-1 down that we start playing. The bale sub says it all about jose. Wanted to take the draw. Mentality is so bad and starts with him.
Bale was a ghost for the 60 odd minutes he played. Were you expecting him to suddenly turn it on?

I have to say , Its a worry that bale didnt turn up biut nor did anybody else pretty much , So yes the last matches have been good to watch will we be any good against big opposition as otherwise it's a waste of time

Back
Top Bottom