Woolwich Scum away Sunday 14 March 4.30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eh?

What about all the must win games that got into CL four seasons running, got us to two finals, numerous semi finals?

Pochettino made a dogs dinner of his last 2 and a bit years, but let’s not rewrite ourselves out of history completely. I don’t think we lacked mentality under Poch, just a bit of intelligence - from him and the players he picked. It was mentality that got us to a CL final, not the quality of football we played, because for the most part we were gash that year as a football team.

What we lack now is everything, fucking direction, coaching, tactical nous and mentality.

The players look like they don’t see each other all week until match days.
No history in getting to finals and semi-finals.
History means winning these games we have lacked bottle and desire for most of the last 35 years, 1999 and 2008 being the exception.
Finishing in the top 4 is not history

Must be great to be a Woolwich player. Every match you know the referee is on your side and you can dive and roll around screaming and get joke penalties and players sent off.

And then many feint-hearted Spurs fans attack their own team when they get clearly cheated.

Thank you SKY for corrupting football in England! Now please sod off and let Amazon take over to get our game back!

No history in getting to finals and semi-finals.
History means winning these games we have lacked bottle and desire for most of the last 35 years, 1999 and 2008 being the exception.
Finishing in the top 4 is not history
Everything is history but it doesn't matter it's all in the past

I don’t really get what you’re trying to say but I’m knackered after a long day

but I never said that the game was lost because of PEH
He had a shocker but wasn’t the only one
What I'm trying to say is the entire game plan and tactics lost us the game not individuals.

Just a massive step backwards yet again. You get your hopes, think we've turned a corner, top 4 in sight, etc, only to come back crashing down to turgid and limp dick football.

I'll be fucking glad when this bastard of a season is over quite frankly.

Pointless arguing amongst ourselves. Obvious we all love tottenham. The blame on this is...Daniel Levy. Pochettino told levy a rebuild was needed and deserved it playing at wembley, no money to spend. Again Levys ego got in the way again. Brilliant businessman and negotiator but not a football man. Mourinho has to be fired in summer whether we win europa or caravan. Style of football is turgid, players look timid and big decisions need to be made. Jose has made bergwijn a shadow when he first arrived. Me i would sell ndombele and get a big fee back for him as hes not up to task. Dier, aurier, doherty, lloris, dier (poch wanted to sell him anyway), davies. Think we will get aarons in summer. I want jose out and levy please sell up soon .

What I'm trying to say is the entire game plan and tactics lost us the game not individuals.
Sorry.... but i ghosted this forum after 4.5k posts about the same time as Pochs team lost its way.

Got gassed by our CL run under him as we all did, and paid my dues by driving 2000km to Madrid in a 900cc shoebox on wheels to watch us give away the softest "subsequently redacted as unfair" pen in any final of any game ever.

Rambling... whatever - i don't need to justify myself. I'm drunk and high as fuck and was regularly posting here when a fair number of backwards cunt "suporters" who are still making noise round here where flapping about binning off Tactics Tim over the man who was magic you know for 5 odd years of the best times I've had supporting spurs in my 30 years of following them.

Anyway, this quote is spot on. If our fans where filling our stands this dinosaur cunt in charge would be finished. His low risk bullshit may have got a result for the nld at ours last time round. But we are so much better than that. Our starting 11 today beats there's 9 times out of ten if we actually play football (Doherty aside). They are a team of bottlers, over hyped kids, wage focused egos and uninvested "a loan i suppose" journey men.

You could tell this once we went a goal down, lost a man and collectively decided to bin off the antiquated low risk "aim is not to lose" bullshit and actually played some football in their half.

The worst thing is there deluded twitter warrior fan base will actually take that away as a W. They where average. We made them look good. They needed us at our worst to look half decent... end of.

Rant over. WHOS GOT THE BAG?

Last edited:
I have to say , Its a worry that bale didnt turn up biut nor did anybody else pretty much , So yes the last matches have been good to watch will we be any good against big opposition as otherwise it's a waste of time

Didn't turn up; except for delivering an amazing cross which set up the goal. Apart from that you mean?

One of the most jarring things when watching us play is a complete lack of movement on the ball from our defensive players. None of Aurier, Doherty, Dier, Sanchez, or Toby move
effectively when in possession of the football, it's very much: receive ball, statue, pass ball. Reguilon and Davies do move forward and infield to change an angle before making a pass, and maybe I'm being a little harsh on Aurier but he is very culpable of blocky possession.

One of the most jarring things when watching us play is a complete lack of movement on the ball from our defensive players. None of Aurier, Doherty, Dier, Sanchez, or Toby move
effectively when in possession of the football, it's very much: receive ball, statue, pass ball. Reguilon and Davies do move forward and infield to change an angle before making a pass, and maybe I'm being a little harsh on Aurier but he is very culpable of blocky possession.
not only is the movement stagnant but the passes are slow and lacklustre. we must be one of the worst sides in the league when it comes to moving the ball around at the back

In Fairness Robbie and the weird little fella at the front are saying " no no, you can't cheer that" and I don't think we'd be that different if Auba pulled up with a hammy, we'd like to pretend we're better than that but I'm not sure we are.
Yeah, unless it's some visible injury (ex. leg break) or I see a player getting carted off, I couldn't care less about seeing an opposition player down.

AFTV have a huge following/platform, so they should know better, but then again, they are 'huge' because of their ignorance.

Eh?

What about all the must win games that got into CL four seasons running, got us to two finals, numerous semi finals?

Pochettino made a dogs dinner of his last 2 and a bit years, but let’s not rewrite ourselves out of history completely. I don’t think we lacked mentality under Poch, just a bit of intelligence - from him and the players he picked. It was mentality that got us to a CL final, not the quality of football we played, because for the most part we were gash that year as a football team.

What we lack now is everything, fucking direction, coaching, tactical nous and mentality.

The players look like they don’t see each other all week until match days.
The problem seems to crop up when the spot light is on and we are deemed the favorite.

We seem to do better as underdogs

i actually blame mourinho for listening to fans, if only he set up with 3 midfielder , having sissoko covering our right side, we would have won the game cause as you can see we were dominating the second half

but no, fans pressure him to play son , kane , and bale for the sake of vibes
There was nothing wrong with the setup but that we failed to show up.

Woolwich are crap and the fact that we only lost 2-1 by a dubious penalty given how badly we played is proof.

If we had played at our average level, we would have won comfortably.

Back
Top Bottom