Woolwich Scum away Sunday 14 March 4.30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

i actually blame mourinho for listening to fans, if only he set up with 3 midfielder , having sissoko covering our right side, we would have won the game cause as you can see we were dominating the second half

but no, fans pressure him to play son , kane , and bale for the sake of vibes

Oh I see. Mourinho listened to the fans so it’s our fault. That’s gold that is!

The team that was left under Poch added a ton to it.

The tired argument is that after years of getting better results with weaker players now we should accept these shitty results from Jose even though he has a strong team.
Like I said most of the players had been tested and they travelled to Greece. Which everyone though would work in our favour. Because we lose the tiredness bollocks comes round and if had to play away in EL first and they played at home and we still lost the same argument would have been used!

Vinicius is more than good enough to have Kane not play a single minute in EL up to this point. Vinicius is more than good enough to play against the likes of Sheffield United, Burnley, WBA. Vinicius is more than good enough to make sure Kane doesn't have to play against Marine, Wycombe, Brentford, Stoke.

Bergwijn, Lamela, Bale, Moura are all able to make sure Son can skip the same games if need be.
I said in a post before the match that may be son should have been tested and lamela start as him and Lucas will press. Although Lucas did not do so either through tactics or choice until the last 10. However still a good shout to have started lamela who has been one of our better players recently and deserved a start whilst Son has been off it for a while. So jose has overplayed him even when he has looked out of sorts to his normal levels.

Why wasnt bale played in centre behind kane if he was so ineffective on right. Ndombele just isnt up to task. Sell him to psg. Talented but weak. Why sanchez even plays i never know. Reckless. Should never have played again after gundogan made him look a mug. Doherty is a championship player and lloris is on last legs. Lo celso has had 2 big injuries in last 18 months. Wondering if hes like lamela and cant handle it. Big questions.

We can finish 17th in the league it doesn't matter when we win the UEL

Whatever your on mate pass it round. Win the UEL?? Every time we go up against anyone half decent we implode to a defensive mess.

We are about to have another bad run of results if recent history is anything to go by.

Lloris has got away with another shockingly bad goal kick that left us wide open. Away from home settle the team down and play in their half. Massive error yet again thats gone unnoticed.

i actually blame mourinho for listening to fans, if only he set up with 3 midfielder , having sissoko covering our right side, we would have won the game cause as you can see we were dominating the second half

but no, fans pressure him to play son , kane , and bale for the sake of vibes

Sissoko did make a big difference but not because Bale went off.

Hojbjerg and Ndombele is disappointingly powder puff against a team who keep possession.

This is a boom or bust team. When confidence is high we can beat anyone.

Then one small ripple of doubt can go through the entire team and we look Sunday league.

It’s in our DNA unfortunately. It’s a disease we must all learn to live with.

No history in getting to finals and semi-finals.
History means winning these games we have lacked bottle and desire for most of the last 35 years, 1999 and 2008 being the exception.
Finishing in the top 4 is not history
Well, except for this year! 'Cos the notion of us finishing Top 4 IS history now!

The problem seems to crop up when the spot light is on and we are deemed the favorite.

We seem to do better as underdogs
I'm pretty sure we were underdogs in the CL Final... and we played that role perfectly!

Our problem is, we only show up when it suits us... be it as underdogs or favourites!

Looks to me like the players lose all confidence when Jose sets up starting a low block. I think some of them are down tooling on purpose.

Yday was NLD and we played with zero passion. I don't actually blame Toby or Sanchez for yday, the midfield were non existent it was just pressure all day long on them.

Lucas the only player that really dug in yesterday and deserves to be on the next team sheet. He played fantastic match before aswell in the league. One day our fans will appreciate him properly. He's so much more than that hattrick in Amsterdam but that alone he should be adored yet people seem to have given up on him this season. Absolute magician running with the ball in Central areas.

The low block again Jose and once again we performed poorly. We could have nicked a draw yesterday but I'm honest with myself after matches and I couldn't feel anything but dissapointed in the effort of the players. NLD and didn't turn up at all.

I'm pretty sure we were underdogs in the CL Final... and we played that role perfectly!

Our problem is, we only show up when it suits us... be it as underdogs or favourites!
We approach most games under Jose as the underdogs.
Palace , he is no mug that Hodgson , better not take a risk
West Brom, they used to have Cyril Regis up front, better not take a risk
Brighton, their manager has experience in Sweden, better not take a risk
Wolves , their manager is from Portugal, he might be special like me ,better take no risks
Woolwich , OK lads this is the NLD , let’s smash them , only joking, let’s take no risks

Back
Top Bottom