"Yid" chanting...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yid chants, offensive?

• Yes

Votes: 27 7.8%
  • No

Votes: 317 92.2%

• Total voters
Seems Peter Herbert is back on SSN... can't keep his fucking oar out, can he?

Apparently, this stupid prick (notice I don't mention his colour, I mean, why would I?) is calling for ZERO TOLERANCE, 'cos the stupid deaf cunt (again, his colour doesn't come into it) can't differentiate between PROUD Spurs fans using the word Yid AGAINST those same, ignorant Right wing cunts who choose to punctuate that same, small 3-letter word with 'Hitler', 'Gas' and 'Auschwitz'... THAT'S the difference you small minded, hidden agenda'd prick!

If that's his genuine opinion, then why doesn't he fuck off and take his poxy jumped up, two-bob media hungry organisation and enter X-Factor to get his Christmas #1 that the little media whore clearly craves so much!

How fucking DARE he call it a "word of the Holocaust" when the word clearly existed amongst Jews LONG before Hitler's parents ever scooped up his Dad's spunk to force feed it into Hitler's Mum's saggy rancid cunt in order to spawn another cunt (don't worry, I've seen Tales of the Unexpected, I know how they struggled to shit a kid out!)

If Peter Herbert ever did his fucking History, rather than worry about what the Guardian readership thought about his opinion, then he'd know that the REASON Spurs fans have taken this word on board, is to RECLAIM a word that was TAKEN from Jewish/YIDDISH origin in the first place...

Fucking hell he's got me mad about this... Ignorant cunt! (apologies to any cunts out there who may be offended by the comparison!)

Lord Rabbaddeil has had his say...
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/sep/17/david-cameron-yid-really-is-race-hate-word

I guess if Chelsea fans stopped using the word YID and just went back to hurling abuse at dirty Spurs cunts, then he'd be happy!

Just as long as they don't use the word YID, or hiss and 're-claim' Hitler as 'one of their own' eh David?
You see those racist, anti-semitic scum cunt fans... That's YOUR fans that is...
(see what I did there? Mary Whitehouse must be spinning in her grave!)

Last edited:
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/sep/17/david-cameron-yid-really-is-race-hate-word

I guess if Chelsea fans stopped using the word YID and just went back to hurling abuse at dirty Spurs cunts, then he'd be happy!

Just as long as they don't use the word YID, or hiss and lord Hitler as 'one of their own' eh David?
You see those racist, anti-semitic scum cunt fans... That's YOUR fans that is...

Is he going to tell black people to stop using the word "nigger" in rap lyrics too? Or is that a little bit too scary since he isn't one of them and wouldn't be able to comprehend why they use it?

What a fucking cunt he is.

Just heard the piece on Radio 5 Live...
(incidentally, I was in the same year at school as Ray Simonsen, who gave his opinion) interesting debate... very interesting!

Just as long as they don't use the word YID, or hiss and lord Hitler as 'one of their own' eh David?

posted on that, commenting on his history of blacking up and using cheap jewish stereotypes on Fantasy football, and how i wasnt sure we should take advice on hate crimes from someone who used to black up for cheap laughs.

didnt take long for the guardian to delete it.

Why do people keep pointing out that we use the word positively? I agree it is different to how it's used at Chelsea or Spam, but that doesn't mean either is ok (although - there is a legal difference). If you were called the N-word, and you had no African ancestry, would you try to reclaim it? If you did, you'd look as big a tit as the person calling you it. Why is assuming a Jewish identity any different?

If we don't like people being racist at us, why can't we take on an anti-racist or anti-fascist identity?

People are acting like children over this. Football logic: The supporters of my team do something, therefore it's right and anyone who says otherwise is a cunt.

Why do people keep pointing out that we use the word positively? I agree it is different to how it's used at Chelsea or Spam, but that doesn't mean either is ok ....
If we don't like people being racist at us, why can't we take on an anti-racist or anti-fascist identity?.

Because the ORIGINAL meaning of the word WAS positive (I'm assuming you have more intelligence than to think Chelsea fans invented this word!)
Where do you think the word Yid came from?
Yiddisher and Yiddish were words I grew up with, and believe me, my Booba (look it up) wasn't a Nazi sympathiser!

Yid as a term was around LONG before the Blackshirts, Oswald Mosley, or the Chelsea Shed end got their disgusting far right grubby hands on it, and turned it into a word we're all now expected to avoid at all costs, just because THEY spat it out at us once upon a time....

Fuck that, and fuck them... we want our word back, and we're doing everything we can to get it!

Because the ORIGINAL meaning of the word WAS positive (I'm assuming you have more intelligence than to think Chelsea fans invented this word!)
Where do you think the word Yid came from?
Yiddisher and Yiddish were words I grew up with, and believe me, my Booba (look it up) wasn't a Nazi sympathiser!

Yid as a term was around LONG before the Blackshirts, Oswald Mosley, or the Chelsea Shed end got their disgusting far right grubby hands on it, and turned it into a word we're all now expected to avoid at all costs, just because THEY spat it out at us once upon a time....

Fuck that, and fuck them... we want our word back, and we're doing everything we can to get it!
But for the vast majority of us who have used the word as a badge of honour, that was exactly the context it was used in. Non-jewish Spurs supporters didn't say yid before it was used as an insult - so, in fact, to use it as a badge of honour was to recognise - and to reaffirm - its status as an insult.

Anyway, if you want to reclaim a racist insult, football is really not the place to do it. Part of the fun of football, for a lot of people, is in hating a group of people just because they support another team and finding reasons to do so. The hate comes first and the reasons come second. the supporters of one club cannot reclaim a term on behalf of a whole group of people, because attached to that identity is an automatic hatred from bunches of fuckwits up and down the country.

Like I say, the antisemitism aimed at spurs would be better neutralised by us taking on an anti-racist identity. I can't see it happening, but it would be better imo.

posted on that, commenting on his history of blacking up and using cheap jewish stereotypes on Fantasy football, and how i wasnt sure we should take advice on hate crimes from someone who used to black up for cheap laughs.

didnt take long for the guardian to delete it.

Maybe you should tweet him instead.

Fucking Peter Herbert what a grade A cunt that bloke really is. Grates on me that Sky Sports even give him the air time, there must be someone who runs that news channel who has an agenda because any right minded person would not put that bloke on air.

Why do people keep pointing out that we use the word positively? I agree it is different to how it's used at Chelsea or Spam, but that doesn't mean either is ok (although - there is a legal difference). If you were called the N-word, and you had no African ancestry, would you try to reclaim it? If you did, you'd look as big a tit as the person calling you it. Why is assuming a Jewish identity any different?

If we don't like people being racist at us, why can't we take on an anti-racist or anti-fascist identity?

People are acting like children over this. Football logic: The supporters of my team do something, therefore it's right and anyone who says otherwise is a cunt.
cause it's cringey as fuck

i actually thougth baddiel's article was more reasonably argued than in the past. But for me it's not the word itself that needs banning. I actually don't care that other fans call us 'the yids' because that is what we call ourselves. What fucks me off is the songs about gassing and auschwitz etc. You don't need to use the y word to sing those. you can just say Jew(s) which is apparently not offensive.

The argument has become too focussed on 'the y word' and not on anti-semitism in my opinion

I believe the pressure will eventually become too much for the club that they will politely ask the fans to stop chanting "yids" or "yiddo". Ajax have asked their fans to dissociate themselves from the Jewish connection.

But it's laughable that West Ham and Chelsea will stop being complete cunts just because we stop using the Y word.

Back
Top Bottom