Yves Bissouma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Im sure the intention wasnt to spend £40m on 4th choice CB. I hope things dont go so wrong with our new club record signing.

Whether he was a hit or not is besides the point.... You said it's something that we can't/wouldn't do.... It's been done already.... That was before PSG wrecked the trf market with Neymar & Mbappe too.

Dav was bought as an eventual successor to Toby..... In a similar sense; Rich is also young enough to outlast Son & Kane.

TBH, I think a preoccupation over whether or not Rich should be phrased as a "back-up" or not is a bit silly...... People have spent a lot time complaining about a lack of depth and their being no viable support for Kane... Here we've got a guy that can cover both bases in multiple positions and is prem proven..... This; ahead of a season where we have more primo games thanks to the CL.

He'll have plenty of chance to prove himself, but he's not gonna be gifted a spot ahead of
Kulu (after the debut season he's just had!) purely on the basis of his price-tag. Afterall if you wanna slice it a certain way we could just have easily spent 2 x 30m on 2 players to cover LWF & ST.... Instead we poured the money into one guy that can do both.

Whether he was a hit or not is besides the point.... You said it's something that we can't/wouldn't do.... It's been done already.... That was before PSG wrecked the trf market with Neymar & Mbappe too.

Dav was bought as an eventual successor to Toby..... In a similar sense; Rich is also young enough to outlast Son & Kane.

TBH, I think a preoccupation over whether or not Rich should be phrased as a "back-up" or not is a bit silly...... People have spent a lot time complaining about a lack of depth and their being no viable support for Kane... Here we've got a guy that can cover both bases in multiple positions and is prem proven..... This; ahead of a season where we have more primo games thanks to the CL.

He'll have plenty of chance to prove himself, but he's not gonna be gifted a spot ahead of
Kulu (after the debut season he's just had!) purely on the basis of his price-tag. Afterall if you wanna slice it a certain way we could just have easily spent 2 x 30m on 2 players to cover LWF & ST.... Instead we poured the money into one guy that can do both.
Poch did make mistakes in the transfer market. So I dont think the Dav thing is related . But yes its really not a big deal if we call him backup or not. However, I dont think Conte would get Levy to break the club record if Richarlison wasnt in his plans to be in the first team, sooner rather than later.

Poch did make mistakes in the transfer market. So I dont think the Dav thing is related .

It's absolutely related to your former statement.

"Liverpool can blow 40m on a depth player, we cant."

We have.

Liverpool/Klopp make mistakes too.... Keita (50m), Oxlaide-Chamberlin (35m).

But yes its really not a big deal if we call him backup or not. However, I dont think Conte would get Levy to break the club record if Richarlison wasnt in his plans to be in the first team, sooner rather than later.

I'd assume Conte, is just more focused on his options and what use he can make of him now, rather than the pricetag....... (I suspect that 'later' would be more Levy & Fab's concern.)

I assume you don't think Kulu will be left scrounging for minutes this season....?

...And he sure as hell isn't usurping Kane (or Son) any time soon.

Last edited:
I'd assume Conte, is just more focused on his options and what use he can make of him now....... (I suspect that 'later' would be more Levy & Fab's concern.)

I assume you don't think Kulu will be left scrounging for minutes this season....?
I think if Conte has made him our record signing, he has seen something and has big plans for him and not just as a depth player who only gets minutes here and there after 70 minutes. Think most of his minutes will probably comes from Kulu's quota rather than Kane or Son.

Given how unique Dembele was, the fact it took us only three and a half years to replace him is quite an accomplishment.

Indeed.... Arse has been trying to rebuild their defense and midfield ever since the Invincibles fucked off.

Some clips from today's training.

he looks fucking mustard doesnt he. has that sheer athleticism needed, while also having good technique and good understanding of what to do with the ball. what a shame he got covid.

not been this excited about a CM signing since modric. he could/should be fucking huge for us.

Back
Top Bottom