Zlatan Ibrahimovic...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't care about his age, he's an absolute legend, I'd take him for a year, the old cliché about a player's attitude being a great benefit to a squad is trotted out far too often but in this case I think it would be true.

I don't think Mourinho would be against it either.

I can do that!

Fly Flying GIF by Kochstrasse™

FUCKING LAZY WAGE THEIF!!!!
....Glad we never went near this waste of space throughout his career!

(incidentally, I'm scrolling through the Olympic Lyonnais website for footage of Ndombele doing something similar...)

so far, i've found nothing! Maybe I'm looking in the wrong thread...?

One of the most entertaining characters and footballers the sport has ever seen.

Definitely definitely a hyper escalated ego but wow did he have the skills to back it up, in and out of his prime.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has to be one of the best footballing names of all time.
Wonder if he has got ambitions in management.
backing up homer simpson GIF

Rooney at Spurs ? are you fucking insane ?. There are very few reasons I can think of for relinquishing my love and admiration of this wonderful football club I have supported for over 50 years. However, the thought of watching Rooney walking onto the pitch wearing a Tottenham shirt and seeing his knuckles scrape the grass as he did so is definitely on the list.
I never said I wanted Rooney at Spurs, I don't want either of the washed up shits. Merely pointing out that from a playing squad perspective he represents a superior prospect. I'd much rather we just focused on finding another Son sort of alternative.

We're going to be hard pressed to find a pure CF that is willing to simply play when Kane doesn't and is worth a shit. Look at the top squads, in reality pure CFs are dinosaurs. Everyone has strikers that are very flexible positionally and offer far more than just goals and hold up play. Look to the future, not the past.

Often think though that it's that attitude which makes them the players they are. Superbly gifted but with an arrogant self confidence in their abilities. They have a swagger about them that subconsciously demands top performances in order to survive. I think possibly unknowingly they mentally force themselves to give of their best in order to maintain and feed their massive egos. Ronaldo and Zlatan being two perfect examples.
I agree. If Zlatan had a "I will offend no one" mentality he would not have made it as far as he has. Some people can get as far as they want in life by just being nice, some need an edge.

Often think though that it's that attitude which makes them the players they are. Superbly gifted but with an arrogant self confidence in their abilities. They have a swagger about them that subconsciously demands top performances in order to survive. I think possibly unknowingly they mentally force themselves to give of their best in order to maintain and feed their massive egos. Ronaldo and Zlatan being two perfect examples.

Mate, it's 100% that.

We can see it but we could never replicate it because I certainly believe such individuals are born with it or acquire it in early years.

The strange thing is there is also a group who are equally as talented but less demanding of themselves and thus settle for short periods of brilliance. Examples would be Ginola and Ben Arfa to name 2.

We have nobody even close. We lack in truth so much in terms of character and strength and pride of performance.

Last edited:
So that he could get 30+ assists/season from Eriksen? :ap:
Zlatan playing with current form Eriksen would be interesting for all the wrong reasons. Yes Zlatan is a loutmouth and a bit of a prick. But he demands excellence so he would most likely chew Eriksen out as soon as possible for his current form.

Which is funnily enough exactly why Milan want to bring him back. They feel like the current squad lacks a taskmaster.

Back
Top Bottom