Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Only that your proud to be owned by Joe Lewis because he's English, despite his very dark and quirky tax/business profile.
What you seem to be saying is nationality trumps all. Regardless of ethics or personality....
What do you know about his tax affairs other than like every billionaire his money is offshore? Having your money offshore isn't an English thing mate, it's a wealth thing. Every billionaire has their money offshore.

Except uncle Joe is a tax exile in the Bahamas....
So I'm not seeing a great deal of difference between ENIC and any other owner - other that their stewardship has been excellent. If a new consortium comes along and promises to take us to the "next level" then that's not a bad thing. Next level means competing with Man City, Utd, Chelsea on wages so we attract the very top players.
Daniel Levy IMHO has been a better chairman than most of his predecessors and it would be a shame to lose him.
What makes me sick about Levy is the way he conducts transfers waiting to the last minute trying to get someone that wee bit cheaper but they are all up to him. We need back up for big Kane and I don't see Levy forking out anything yet and the rest of the top clubs are all investing, Everton are buying all around. I suppose he's waiting till he pays for the ground. Oh and the NFL - more money for wee Danny's back pocket. We need to move forward so sell would be my option.

What do you know about his tax affairs other than like every billionaire his money is offshore? Having your money offshore isn't an English thing mate, it's a wealth thing. Every billionaire has their money offshore.
I'm not sure every billionaire has their money offshore. And considering most of the Tavistock groups affairs are conducted in the states anyway we're pretty much an American owned club as it is. I may be wrong, but I think Spurs is their only Business interest in England anyway.
But the thing is, a lot of our rivals have billionaire owners who put their own wealth into their clubs. . Ours doesn't. I'm not saying he should or he shouldn't, but not many of us would complain if he did. So I don't think we should be constantly crying and bitching at those clubs lucky enough to have owners that do. We don't really hold the moral high ground do we?

As much as I'd love to see the best players in the world wearing Lily White, I don't think I'd like being taken over and 'buying the league'

Nothing petty about it. One of the biggest threats to the English game is foreign ownership. American owners of English clubs have already tabled the idea to end relegation!!! This was a number of years ago, and since then the number of American owners has snowballed. That alone is enough for their to be a reason to be worried. When technology comes in, just wait until we cut to the add brake whilst that penalty decision is resolved. If you think I'm exaggerating, look at what is being discussed for a European super league only last year! So there is something rational for your to get your gums around. What's your rational for having foreign owners?

I've absolutely no problem what so ever with foreign managers, players comping into the game, I love it. It's made things far better. I have a love for the culture of the English game, the oldest known football culture in the world. A culture that intrigues those that have a well established and different football culture themselves and is copied and envied by others. I am and will always be very protective of this culture, one that will be changed when every club is run by an American, Chinese or Arab state.
Our good old John Bull Blighty owners have only their own interests at heart, they are hear for an eventual huge profit some sunny day as Vera said when we gave Jerry the old one two.
I take your point and agree somewhat but unfortunately the soul of the game has been destroyed. Globalisation of our national sport has destroyed it's original ethics.
Like Cunat we can't hold back the tide .
That's why l see them all , foreign, Brit billionaires as parasites, all shits.
That simply is why l don't care anymore.

I'm not sure every billionaire has their money offshore. And considering most of the Tavistock groups affairs are conducted in the states anyway we're pretty much an American owned club as it is. I may be wrong, but I think Spurs is their only Business interest in England anyway.
But the thing is, a lot of our rivals have billionaire owners who put their own wealth into their clubs. . Ours doesn't. I'm not saying he should or he shouldn't, but not many of us would complain if he did. So I don't think we should be constantly crying and bitching at those clubs lucky enough to have owners that do. We don't really hold the moral high ground do we?
Find me a billionaire that doesn't use an offshore account in some form or another then.

He has business in multiple countries, so no your are wrong there (including other companies in England).

I know how you feel about other clubs owners, it's all you ever bang on about, week after week, month after month, year after fucking year. That had nothing to do with my post, I said I like the fact we have English owners, don't know why you would bring it up, other than it's your obsession.

I'm not bitching about the other owners. I didn't mention them, I like that we have English owners owning an English club. One that's a fan the other that grew up no more than 4 miles away. I hated Sugar, still do, but like the fact he was both a fan and a local lad for the exact reasons I've already given.

What moral highground are you talking about?

Last edited:
Our good old John Bull Blighty owners have only their own interests at heart, they are hear for an eventual huge profit some sunny day as Vera said when we gave Jerry the old one two.
I take your point and agree somewhat but unfortunately the soul of the game has been destroyed. Globalisation of our national sport has destroyed it's original ethics.
Like Cunat we can't hold back the tide .
That's why l see them all , foreign, Brit billionaires as parasites, all shits.
That simply is why l don't care anymore.
Every owner of every football club has only ever done it for the money. Be that for influence as a local businessman or for real estate or a dream of turning it into a bigger club. That is what the professional bit in professional football means. A model that I envy of cause is the 50+1 in Germany but they are still professional clubs needing to make money to play.

I may be wrong, but I think Spurs is their only Business interest in England anyway.

As per 6 pages back, this is just a sample of their UK businesses.

enic.jpg

I'd totally move all my money to an offshore account if it helped me pay less tax!
Unfortunately the amount of tax I pay isnt worth the fee's....

Apart from Leicester, I think every title has been brought since the inception of the premier league.
I wouldn't say any of the Manchester United or Woolwich titles were "bought" in the sense of the Blackburn, City or Chelsea models.

They earned the money they spent on players through tradition and sensibly managing their finances over very many years.

United nowadays though exist on debt so any future titles are questionable, but still not to the degree of the steel or oil oligarchs

Back
Top Bottom