Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really thought you were more grown up than that.

You surely don't actually believe that all of our players are supporters of the club as well, with unswerving loyalty?

They are professional athletes who will work for whoever pays them well, and offers them the chance of success.

Taking some daft attitude because he isn't Steve Perryman reborn, is a waste of your anger and energies.
What a load of bollocks. He hasn't said that at all. One doesn't have to expect a player to be a support to expect them not to cunt off their club in the tabloids. If you went and bad mouthed your employer in the press you'd not be viewed particularly highly either....well, if if the press were interested in walkie talkie salesmen. ;)

Who have we produced as a top class player other than Kane in the last 10 years?

Or are you referring to Poch coaching 18-20 year old signings to fandom?

In fairness we have raised Mason, Bentaleb, Carrol and Adam Smith who although weren't good enough for us, went on to have decent careers elsewhere. Could also include Taarabt and KP Boateng in that but both are massive cunts so I'd rather not.

I feel we should include Bale and Rose as well because of the age they were when we signed them.

I assume Poch will be bombarded by journalist today or tomorrow pre match.
Not looking forward for the new season ....
Any one here in Block 502?
COYS

Last edited:

You surely don't actually believe that all of our players are supporters of the club as well, with unswerving loyalty?

They are professional athletes who will work for whoever pays them well, and offers them the chance of success.

Taking some daft attitude because he isn't Steve Perryman reborn, is a waste of your anger and energies.

Ridiculous post

Even for you

Can't be arsed responding

You're not John Thomas multi are you?

No statement from the club as yet?! I assume Poch will be bombarded by the journalist today or tomorrow pre match.
COYS
What statement are you expecting the club to make?

"We didn't like what Danny said so we give him a verbal warning"? :levystare:

In fairness we have raised Mason, Bentaleb, Carrol and Adam Smith who although weren't good enough for us, went on to have decent careers elsewhere. Could also include Taarabt and KP Boateng in that but both are massive cunts so I'd rather not.

I feel we should include Bale and Rose as well because of the age they were when we signed them.
This brings me onto my next point - I think the Academy is a nice profit-making tool for the club with the occasional gem. In fairness, very few PL clubs produce superstars on a regular basis

As for Bale and Rose - I don't think we can - they were 17 tbf

No statement from the club as yet?! I assume Poch will be bombarded by the journalist today or tomorrow pre match.
COYS

"So Harry, you just scored an incredible 7 goals against Newcastle. What do you make of Danny Roses comments on Thursday?"

This brings me onto my next point - I think the Academy is a nice profit-making tool for the club with the occasional gem. In fairness, very few PL clubs produce superstars on a regular basis

Rose was 16. And he was shit until he was about 23. You can give me one or the other. :levystare:

I tend to agree which is why I do not get invested too much in players although part of that is my years of seeing it for what it is.

I guess however that at least 2 or 3 things are pertinent and have been mentioned....

a) why sign a new contract less than a year ago and believe you can then slag off your club's wage structure?
b) don't proclaim love for a club and a desire to be there for years and years and then do this. Some fans will believe you.
c) recognise you are in a privileged position, keep working hard, be part of a team that achieves success and even more benefit will come your way.

My take on it is that it has simply become skewed and that the next round of tv deals will see this change round because we are not far, if not there already where public and even governmental outcry or a lack of competitiveness will force change. Of course I could be wrong but it is getting to the point where you just want to turn-off, so crazy are the numbers.

In all seriousness though, I agree. From our academy rn the only players I see being good enough for our current level are Winks, Harry and KWP in the future. I don't see Edwards making it, I don't see Onomah making it and I don't see CCV making it. I think Edwards and CCV might still make it to be premiership level players and for that, our academy has to be praised I feel. If we can churn out 2 PL quality players a year, it pays for itself really.

Nail on the head - I think it's a great overall mechanism instead of doing a Chavski and having 100 players out on loan in shitty leagues hindering their development

Do you feel that it's worth giving the lesser quality players a chance in the first team though as squad members, just to show they are PL quality and allow us to sell them on for more though? It's all fine producing these players. But if nobody sees it, they'll end up in the championship.

I agree to an extent, but Walker ended up leaving and there were a lot of journalists with links to Spurs saying Dier was interested in Man United.

The Rose part looks to have come true and with still no new Toby contract, this would explain why?

With a first team player, as soon as they are left out of the squad when fit (i.e. Walker) it's easy to joint the dots and speculate. Dier said many years ago Manu were attractive, it's an old article rehashed to stir up clickbait. I can't remember a player getting a new contract that has been a 'quick' process, these things take time, they are complicated and lots of factors involved however eventually players sign on the dotted line.

Still think it's made up

Do you feel that it's worth giving the lesser quality players a chance in the first team though as squad members, just to show they are PL quality and allow us to sell them on for more though? It's all fine producing these players. But if nobody sees it, they'll end up in the championship.
They'll get just enough to raise their stock and create interest - like Carroll, Mason, Bentaleb all did. Just my view

Poch will field the questions.
I have complete confidence that he will do it with style & class.

:dwi:

Maybe, maybe not but every single THFC fan and player would be right in wondering what we have been doing for 14 weeks and whether the club really do harbour an ambition to be champions, cup winners or anything that resembles success, or if we want to be a club that simply develop players only to sell them under the auspices of reluctance or supposedly in our best interests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom